• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

Malky

Established Member
Hear me out:
Put Ben White in midfield and put Tomiyasu in CB instead. Knowing Burnley, they are going to bypass the midfield for most of the game so this game will 100 per cent be won or lost depending on our CBs. I expect them to try and get as many free kicks and corners as possible. Our front four needs to press their defenders as much as possible. We opened up Norwich numerous times with some clever pressing. I would bench Ødegaard for this bring him on later if things don't go our way. I would also put Pepe out on the left to limit his decision making.

Auba
Pepe-ESR-Saka
Partey-White
Tierney-Gabriel-Tomiyasu-AMN
Ramsdale.
:lol:

so reading between the lines, it looks like - " our new £50M CB can't stand up in a physical battle, so we'll drop him into midfield to protect him, and just to rub it in we'll play our new RB at CB instead. "

Doing that would hardly give off the confidence that they've spent money wisely in defence.
If Arteta does that he may aswell come out and say " we ****ed up, we should of stuck with Saliba and spent the £50M in CM "

Halcyon Daze

I watched their game against Everton. Much has been made about their set pieces, but it is the long ball over the top that is their trademark. They hit it long behind the Everton defence whenever they could.

It will be important to get the press right if we play with a high line, and we need pace in the back four.
Yeah but Everton also cut right through them. Big game for Ben White with the customary long ball, but a bigger game for Ode if he does what he can do.

Halcyon Daze

Actually think this is the season Burnley finally f**k off, along with Norwich and someone else. Confident about this one. They can’t keep making their only signing a Swansea right back and stay up regardless of Dyche’s new contract.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'll regret saying this but Burnley look awful on paper, such a lack of quality. They will set up to cause us problems but their gameplan is obvious and we should have the quality to see them off. Hope we get an early goal then control the match. No red cards!!!

bonzka

Yeah but Everton also cut right through them. Big game for Ben White with the customary long ball, but a bigger game for Ode if he does what he can do.
Third game for Ben White. Poor guy is fighting and inflated price tag.

Championship is the breeding ground of long ball hench men. He did alright there with Leeds.

That being said, he doesn’t look as confident as a Gabriel physically and in the air but damn those key passes and assurance on the ball.

I now like our defensive mix. I see the thinking and applaud it.

Halcyon Daze

Third game for Ben White. Poor guy is fighting and inflated price tag.

Championship is the breeding ground of long ball hench men. He did alright there with Leeds.

That being said, he doesn’t look as confident as a Gabriel physically and in the air but damn those key passes and assurance on the ball.

I now like our defensive mix. I see the thinking and applaud it.
Yeah he did alright there in the championship, people hanging on that debut where he got found out a bit. Remember Carragher saying he had issues heading the long balls but fixed it with positioning and the right partner.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah he did alright there in the championship, people hanging on that debut where he got found out a bit. Remember Carragher saying he had issues heading the long balls but fixed it with positioning and the right partner.

He was still relatively weak at aerial duals in the Championship. I saw a stat showing that he was 15th percentile for CB's that season in the league. He topped most other defensive stats, sometimes as literally the best player in the league so it's one area of weakness among other strengths. It's also not like he's bad in the air. He still won the second most headers in the Leeds team overall - he's just relatively weak for the position he plays. I think with Gabriel, Tomiyasu and Tierney they can work together as a strong back four. None are bad in the air and Gabriel and Tomi are really good.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

great chance for him to celebrate with 3 points

I can't believe teams are actually choosing games against us, to announce things like this, to boost morale and hopefully get back to winning ways.

Like when you are having a bad run on FM, see an easy home game, then praise all the player's conduct just before it to get them ready to bounce back...this is us now, ffs!

Burnley will try to make this physical like always and maybe even more than normal. Because thats what everybody is telling Hard (Burnley) against Soft (Arsenal). What we really have to do is complain as much as possible if they are fouling us.

Young Boys fans were booing De Gea for time wasting and players were also complaining. So Ref gave him an early yellow. We have to do the same.
If referees really fall for the idea that Burnley are hard and Arsenal soft, then Arsenal wouldn't have had 13 red cards in two and a half seasons while Burnley have been setting the all-time PL record of no red cards in 97 games. Would they.

I wouldn't worry about height either. Burnley aren't a tall side, apart from Wood.

Enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom