• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Arteta saying the dry and long grass killed us today. Fair comment.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think we saw the flaws of our attack today. I don't think ESR is ready to play in that position, I think he's best off the left. Saka had an off day but still affected the game.

Auba and Pepe though... they've been here long enough and we know their limitations, but they really showed today. The just couldn't get on or hold the ball.

I think for us to really kick on as a club, we need that superstar forward. Every other so called top 6 club has one, and we've always had one.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
There’s a common theme with arsenal. Win playing terribly, told we can’t complain because at least we won, then when it all comes crashing down everyone wonders why

Yeah I’m not seeing anything to be optimistic about yet. At this stage we desperately needed the points so good to get the wins, but if performances doesn’t improve soon we are in big trouble. This was close to our best team too.

Hope is that they’ll improve with more confidence and more games together, we’ll see.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Think we saw the flaws of our attack today. I don't think ESR is ready to play in that position, I think he's best off the left. Saka had an off day but still affected the game.

Auba and Pepe though... they've been here long enough and we know their limitations, but they really showed today. The just couldn't get on or hold the ball.

I think for us to really kick on as a club, we need that superstar forward. Every other so called top 6 club has one, and we've always had one.
I thought we spent 72million for that exact reason on a player. Auba would've had a goal today if the said 72million player could make a basic pass

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Messed up the final ball too many times and made it way harder than it should've been. Rams, White and Tomi are major improvements in build up and security in possession, promising performance from those guys imo. Øde good, Saka and ESR pretty poor. Decent game overall

BIoodBrother

I cant believe that no one is writing about Lokonga, the undisputed man of the match and signing of the transfer window!
He came on when everyone around him was doing this thing, where we're starting to play hobbling passes around our box under almost no pressure and when Partey (he does that) loses the plot and brought calm and presence like a 30yr old Maestro.
Always available, so confident and silky that he has this rare thing that the opponent rather stands off because he knows how technically gifted you are, that its better to keep position and block passing options in order not to be bypassed by a touch or quick pass.
His chest up, he completely bossed the last half hour, made Partey look like his understudy, won even the headers and orchestrated an otherwise nervous wreck of a team in the build up.
Smooth silky polished diamond of a player.

When you consider that Tavares is only one year younger which seems the excuse to be a red hot headed player that can crazily run around and shoot like an ego driven child would. The 21yr old Lokonga is my captain at this club. No wonder he was the Captain at Anderlecht.

Ødegaard deserves special praise too for standing up in team that lacks order and hirarchy.
Smith Rowe for his dynamism (a quality Arteta negates) and bursting runs on and off the ball.
Gabriel and the defense from minute 15 onward for composure at most times.
Ramsdale for bravery and distribution.

The front three can go to hell tho (for the third time in a row).
No clue if Sakas and Aubas fear of injury or first touch are worse.
Pepe lets Taylor run on a simple 1-2 in the 92nd minute like brainfart, but was still the best from the three attackers, as he won multiple ground duels and headers.
Those two clean thru chances in the second half when Pepe underhit an easy pass to Auba and Auba later overhit one for Pepe is symptomatic of what happens when you play coward football and get no feeling and flow during the match.

Tomiyasus last game was better as he gifted the ball to Cornet in the box close to the end and he played many passes too short but still is on my positive side for tonight, for positioning and discipline.

Artetas handbreak football is not enough with these technical gifted players.
His idea of offensive discipline is the complication of translating thoughts into play.
If one player isnt in the perfect position, the one on the ball seems to become insecure and tends to play too save, too slow. We cant have that against the two worst teams in the league and were lucky to get away with 6pts.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I predict 4 more wins.
6 straight wins
@Rimaal leaving the forum after having a mental breakdown when Arteta gets renewed.
@GDeep™ feeling guilty about it becomes a Muslim and enrolls in Daesh.
@American_Gooner migrates to goonersworld.
@El Duderino changes his citizenship to Uruguayan and miraculously learns Spanish after being bitten by a dog.
@Macho starts her female transitioning.

I'm flattered that you actually spend time and energy to think of me. It's so unexpected. Wrong as you maybe, it's the thought that counts. 😍

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought we spent 72million for that exact reason on a player. Auba would've had a goal today if the said 72million player could make a basic pass

Yeah, that just hasn't worked out how we all hoped, I think the majority can acknowledge that now. I don't think there's any point dwelling on that though, all the club can do now is keep searching for that type of player.

LG10

The team has zero confidence and got a well fought away win. Not sure what you ****** are expecting. If saka and Pepe didn’t **** themselves in the final third today it’d be more comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom