• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boyinneedofhumor

Disagree. Lacazette made an error but those are the kind of things that happen when a team who’s not very good defensively invite pressure for 45 mins.

Give Emery full credit for our first half performance (we should have been 6-2 up), but I also think he deserves the blame for the second half. Guess we’ll have to get used to a manager who actually changes stuff at half time but this time around I think he ****ed it.
Gotta admit, I feel somewhat differently. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but mine would be as follows...

At 2-0 : O no, not the same sh*t again...

At 2-2 : Now this is something different I'm seeing. If this were any of the previous few seasons, our players would be labouring away without a clear belief or dancing without a beat.

Up to the moments before they scored the 3rd, yes they're getting the grip.
But still... my sentiments then was that it could still go either way. We have a chance against run of play.

And I enjoyed that moment when one of ours (I forgot whom) put in a tackle on Hazard when he came on and he grimaced...

He wanted to join us after the Leicester season and said we had interest, but in the end we didn't show we wanted him enough and he went to Chelsea. The story gets even sadder because we couldn't have sign him for even cheaper when he was in France but Grimandi didn't approve.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

He wanted to join us after the Leicester season and said we had interest, but in the end we didn't show we wanted him enough and he went to Chelsea. The story gets even sadder because we couldn't have sign him for even cheaper when he was in France but Grimandi didn't approve.
Yes but Hydro, under Wenger, we could have signed everyone in Europe.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Watching this goal gives me huge hope for the season ahead!

Do hope we get a bit more confident in our passing around the back though. Get the feeling we will see some sloppy indecisive passes under pressure and concede a few times this season. Think maybe City had a bit of a problem like that in their first season under Pep though if I remember right?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Do hope we get a bit more confident in our passing around the back though. Get the feeling we will see some sloppy indecisive passes under pressure and concede a few times this season. Think maybe City had a bit of a problem like that in their first season under Pep though if I remember right?

I'm happy to wait until 2019/20 to win the PL :) tbh I think we will concede far less than we did last season, not difficult I know. What we need now is to get our attack clicking. They are all a bit rusty I guess, Auba needs a lesson or 2 from Iwobi :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not like this no :lol:. Come on guys we've had plenty of better team goals in the last 5 years . What we are looking after the Wenger era is better defensively stability and organised structure .

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Yep then Pep bought Ederson and Laporte for 100 million and fixed the problem. I can't see Emery doing similar that's why it has to click with Leno and some of the youngsters. :D Very difficult.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yep then Pep bought Ederson and Laporte for 100 million and fixed the problem. I can't see Emery doing similar that's why it has to click with Leno and some of the youngsters. :D Very difficult.

To win the league sure but hopefully we can break back in to the top 3 in the next couple of years. I can't imagine a side like us that doesn't spend colossal amounts winning the league any time soon unfortunately. City finishing behind a squad like ours would be a massive failure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
FOund this comment on a Dailyfail article about Jack facing us this weekend. Thought it was relevant.

"... I quite fancy our chances.' ". He must be one of the very few who do. I watched the Chelsea v Arsenal game, as a neutral. Despite losing, Arsenal regularly split the Chelsea defence apart with good team play. If they can do that against Chelsea, what hope is there for the tame West Ham defence?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
To win the league sure but hopefully we can break back in to the top 3 in the next couple of years. I can't imagine a side like us that doesn't spend colossal amounts winning the league any time soon unfortunately. City finishing behind a squad like ours would be a massive failure.

Yes, that is what I'm expecting with this structure too. A nice system and some smart recruitment and I think we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom