<

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Jan 21, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

31.6%
  2. Draw

33.3%
  3. Chelsea

35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Arteta should ban Pepe from doing step overs and face to face dribbles until he gets into the final third. He has pace , movement and long strides to attack space. Like Martinelli or Hudson Odoi. The amount of time he tries to step over or beat his man from a static position is criminal. He either loses it or ends up passing back to his right back who is often marked and under pressure. Pepe should run into space and use his pace and movement. No dribbles until the final third.

James Bond, Gooner416, Symbia and 4 others like this.
  2. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Agree 100% with everything you just wrote there! If I could I'll give you 10 likes!

Mo Britain likes this.
  3. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Yep, I just hate how it ignores the fact our rivals can be saying the exact same thing lol

Riou and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Girlfriend has a 6am start at work tomorrow, went to bed at half time as she thought the game was over, and she wanted a relatively good nights sleep...real shame for her, as I will be waking her phat ass up for some celebration sexy times...Arsenal should really think of others...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    krackpot, andeoch1, asukru and 2 others like this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Chelsea are at 19 wins from 38 if they keep up their season form.

We are at 9.5 wins from 38 if we don't improve massively in next 14 games.

It is a big task! Very big task!

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  6. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Martinelli is the best attacking young discovery we've had since Anelka. I am not comparing him to Henry and Van Persie etc, they were not unknowns when they joined us.

If the club has any sense they will give him a seven year contract and slap a £250 million release clause on him. Another season of this, with more appearances and it won't be Auba the big boys will come knocking for.

Symbia, EmeryCouldnt and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  7. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

At least 7 points there for the taking and Leicester are having a little wobble.

8. Pepes blue pill

Or don't put any release clause in it, we aint in la liga

9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Yeah that's one way of making sure we lose him on the cheap, like we did Henry and Van Persie.

10. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Top 4 is a shaky prospect even if things went our way. Top priority is to get back into a winning form to win those Cups. If we can continue to improve I'm certain we have a bigger chance of winning the europa league than we ever did under Emery.

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

[​IMG]

IchirotoV2, DanDare, Riou and 2 others like this.
  12. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

We are less favourites than we were last season in the Europa League. Pretty sure top four is out and we may not even make top six.

We need to improve and build a more ambitious team next year around the younger players and a few wise old heads.

13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Players and agents hold all the power in this era. No one would sign such a contract. Look at Zaha and how much he's regretting it.

14. Pepes blue pill

Well played, very well played :lol:

Trilly likes this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I think you’ve inspired me actually, that picture is a whole mood. :lol:

No more sad Trilly, I’m coming for em!

16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

They sign contracts like that every time Real Madrid and Barcelona want them to. The time to secure Martinelli is now, not when all Europe is raving about him. Requires a leap of faith and investment from our craven board.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. Pepes blue pill

Just glad I got a warning ;):lol:

Trilly likes this.
  18. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Wow. What a match. I've so many thoughts but most of all, the application of our players and the determination to execute Arteta's orders is what pleased me most. Most players put in a good shift mentally and physically.
    Leno-made some good saves but I wish he would save a penalty.
    Luiz-should have got between Abraham and the goal but he was hung out to dry.
    Mustafi- awful player. He put in some good blocks but the simplest back pass cost us. His passes straight to the opposition under no pressure were alarming.
    Saka-18 years old and played out of position and targeted by Chelsea. A really mature outing.
    Bellerin-very good defensively which has been the main criticism and got forward to great effect when it mattered. He looked fully fit too.
    Torreira-a solid tidy job in midfield. Very disciplined with some good forward thrusts to drive us on.
    Xhaka-tidy and determined on midfield and even better at CB. Massive respect for him and he's looked more of a leader without the captaincy.
    Özil-anonymous and no physical application to come deep or create space. Looked lost.
    Pepe-didn't do enough. Flashes of brilliance but he needs to be more intelligent in his play.
    Laca-some nice play and a hardworking effort but its not good enough. Very poor for Chelsea's second and I cant see him scoring anytime soon.
    Martinelli-effort and talent. The best solo goal I've seen from a Gunner in ages. He has that Anelka hope vibe about him. As Keown said, he holds our club in his hand.
    The subs-they did ok. Holding might have organised the box better. Guendouzi put himself about, stopped a counter and won a few fouls. Willock had no time to have an effect.

19. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

[​IMG]

Image of the day. Bow down to the king.

NieThePiet, 254Giant, Symbia and 9 others like this.
  20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I am not disagreeing with you. But 250 mil is a bit too much. But he definitely needs a bigger contract right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.