PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | December 28, 2017 | 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Lookin' for a new Baby, Dec 27, 2017.

?

What will be the result of this match?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2017.
  1. Arsenal Win

66.7%
  2. Draw

16.7%
  3. Woy Wins

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Indeed you do my friend.

Makingtrax likes this.
  2. say yes

say yes To RonaldoMadness

We beat a relegation side, our two best players have 6 months left on their contract and the transfer window is days away - what do you want Sky to talk about? Our title challenge? :lol:

Quite thankful to have avoided the tactical ‘whodunnit’ on this one personally. We beat Roy Hodgson’s Crystal Palace, not Arrigo Sacchi’s Milan. As for the long term implications - no one gives a **** about EL/CL qualification at the best of times, let alone at Christmas.

It’s not Sky’s fault that the most interesting talking point of our season will be whether we manage to lose our two best players for nothing.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Hey mate, are you from Philly? I just drove by a pub called Tir Na Nog... ;)

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  4. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Light the beacons, our midfield calls for aid.

And Aaron and Jack will answer!

krengon and American_Gooner like this.
  5. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Feel he has been poor all season. Think he is regressing over the last 1 to 2 years.

6. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

You should see my edit. 22 in 8, 3 in 12. I've got no idea what the fück is wrong with us.

7. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

If we light the beacons of Minas Tirith then Rohan will answer our call.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Interested in who we faced in those 8 games and of them, how many were away vs at home.

We often get away with it against lesser sides at home which is why some of us continue to pick holes despite getting 3 points.

9. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I reckon they have a lot to account for. Not only them but the entire management structure. Starting with Wenger

We make too many mistakes and look too vulnerable off the ball, too much of the time.

10. Goonerozil33

Goonerozil33 Well-Known Member

An extremely easy game which was turned into a thriller by our incompetent defending. We should have buried them in the first half. Also we need better ball playing players in the middle. I think this team lacks technical quality when the best players are not playing. If we sign better ball playing footballers in the summer then we will definitely improve, irrespective of us losing sanchez

11. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Its crazy periods we have. For 95% of the game we had 3 cb's not marking anyone as palace we so deep. Yet somehow for brief periods the whole team just shut off and they scored. Its the same every game, against liverpool the same and utd the same.

Big Poppa and SA Gunner like this.
  12. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

13. celestis

SA Gunner and HollandGooner like this.
  14. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Ofcourse its typical Daily Mail who likes to put everything regarding Arsenal in a negative aspect.

celestis likes this.
  15. celestis

Don't know why Henry is reading so much into this , I'll never forget him disdainfully removing Reyes's hand from his shoulder .

16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Henry is trying too hard to talk about Arsenal and every little thing about Arsenal, for obvious reasons, but I must say it again, he is often pushing it and on most occasions he is not doing his legendsry status here any favors

17. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

We faced Leicester, Liverpool twice, Watford, Everton, City, United and Palace.

Three games at home, five away. 9 conceded at home, 13 away.

It's not even the only time we've done similar. The year when we were getting raped by SAS at Anfield, we conceded something like 20 goals in 4 matches. We hilariously kept more clean sheets than any other club if I'm remembering correctly.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

celestis, Steps and Jasard like this.
  19. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Maradona, Henry, Pele..some of these legendary people should be barred from speaking in public.

20. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

It's a shame we're a shambles defensively, not just at the back but all over the pitch. It masked our performance which I thought was generally outstanding (with the ball).

That last 10 or so minutes really took the gloss off what should have been viewed as a commanding victory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.