• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | October 28, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

andeoch1

Reviewing slow motion , Zaha wasn’t touched , but regardless it was a poor performance . How losing a LB can **** up our team is unreal !!!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Reviewing slow motion , Zaha wasn’t touched , but regardless it was a poor performance . How losing a LB can **** up our team is unreal !!!!

Tbf we were without BOTH our LB's, and then our starting RB for the second half. Also Full backs are such an important part of Emery's philosophy. Playing a midfielder and then for the second half an aging RB isn't going to have the same effect as Nacho and Hector.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really frustrating we concede after the good comeback we made. You can't can't win it all

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Tough game for us. I never felt this was going to be an easy victory going into the game. Never really looked in control at any point during the 90. Disappointing to concede two penalties (Mustafi just can’t help himself with those rash lunges, so infuriating, but thought Zaha’s pen was soft but can see why it was given), losing the lead after fighting back, but a draw seems a fair result all things considered.

We missed several countering opportunities where the final ball and/or the ball to release wasn’t well executed. Also thought this was a tough game to experiment the Doozy x Torreira pairing considering the atmosphere and intensity of a match away to Palace. Even though we scored twice after he went off, we lost a dimension in attack with Bellerin out, didn’t have the pace in the flanks to expose their fullbacks. Our attack never got going and once Özil was subbed, we didn’t have anyone who you felt could unlock their defense, and play in Auba, Laca, and co.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emery switched to 442 in today's game when Özil was replaced by Welbeck.

For a brief period but he had Aubameyang on the left of midfield and Iwobi on the right during that time. Iwobi and Mkhitaryan should be the two wide men in a 442, and Iwobi should be on the left which is where he's been playing so well. Aubameyang should certainly no longer be on the left wing.

progman07

Established Member
What is happening to Mkhitaryan this season? He started very positively (e.g. against Chelsea), but absolutely disappeared since then and when he plays, he is average.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Emery is doing really well.

We’ve got the 5th most expensive team and he’s now 4th. That’s ****ing good in his first year, if he can stay there. Exactly what Wenger did in his first year.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was very good against Fulham tbf

Yep. I don't think he's been average at all. He just isn't ever going to take a game by the balls consistently and has a meek personality, so is easily hooked, but he's a quality player.

boyinneedofhumor

Mathematically we're bound to drop points at some stage. I'm contented with a draw over a loss, though not the way we dropped it.

And I think the opponent really fought for it. And that things didnt really click at our end.

One observation : I expected Lich to sit deeper when he came on.

When I look for positives to console myself, I ask if we would have fought back like we did or performed like last season. Or we would have laboured on without conviction.

Sigh... there always seem to be a Mustafi moment. I am starting to be resigned to it.
I only feel like asking him to do that only after we've had a 2-goal lead.

Wryer

Zaha Zaha Zaha. Control him and we win the game. Don't let him smell any blood or get the crowd going.

Key man for me will be Bellerin. If he can make Zaha defend, that's half the game won.

Sometimes I really wish I was wrong.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Mustafi really does my head in and tbh I was surprised we didn't lose this one. I will take the draw and hope the boys learn from it and put in a top drawer performance against Liverpool. I am sure Emery won't let them rest after this one. Lastly, losing Bellerin is a big let down as he is the perfect player in Emery's system - hope he will be fit for Liverpool and hopefully we get AMN, Kola or Nacho at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom