• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | October 28, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We droped off physically in the second half and that was the main reason for their comeback. It must be pointed out that while CP were preparing for us we had two highly competitive games to play. That monday night schedule was a disgrace considering we’re in the Europa. We’re on a hectic schedule and PL is an unforgiving league if you’re not up to the challenge physically.

I’m quite happy with the draw, away at Palace was always a potential bananskin and we managed to comeback while not being 100% physically and personel wise.

Hope Emery realises he needs to play youngsters sometimes and give a proper breather to seniors. Want to see that against Blackpool because we have another high intensity game vs Pool.

Think you're bang on mate .

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Our away record with Martin Atkinson as ref is even worse than under Mike Dean

We've only beaten Sunderland away b4 with this f**ker as ref

Record so far is lost 11, draw 5, won 1

So one point like night was like he gave chance.

We were fairly tepid, had flashbacks to our away form of old. The ref had little to do with it IMO, not sure why you mention him. 1st pen our defender dived in, 2nd looked like a Zaha dive but Xhaka admitted afterwards it was a nailed on pen.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
We were fairly tepid, had flashbacks to our away form of old. The ref had little to do with it IMO, not sure why you mention him. 1st pen our defender dived in, 2nd looked like a Zaha dive but Xhaka admitted afterwards it was a nailed on pen.
I disagree. The referee obviously disliked Arsenal and that's why he gave the 2 penalties to Palace.

The second penalty was an intent by Zaha to run himself into xhaka and then knock himself down because of obstruction. Xhaka was just standing there and he got booked for penalty.

Zaha was very far from scoring. It was not even close and he was very far out at the box. If one was a dirty striker, he would always run into the defender leg and fall badly and try to earn a penalty. In such 50/50 call, normally the referee will not give the penalty.

If the reverse were to happen, Arsenal would at the most get 1 penalty against Palace.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I disagree. The referee obviously disliked Arsenal and that's why he gave the 2 penalties to Palace.

The second penalty was an intent by Zaha to run himself into xhaka and then knock himself down because of obstruction. Xhaka was just standing there and he got booked for penalty.

Zaha was very far from scoring. It was not even close and he was very far out at the box. If one was a dirty striker, he would always run into the defender leg and fall badly and try to earn a penalty. In such 50/50 call, normally the referee will not give the penalty.

If the reverse were to happen, Arsenal would at the most get 1 penalty against Palace.
You can't be serious! I hate Atkinson as much as the next gunner fan but those were definite penalties in real time. I complained for neither.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

I would just like to reiterate that Granit Xhaka who was on the pitch and making the tackle has stated “yes it was a clear penalty”. I’m not sure what else to say to you except perhaps you can take it up with him on Twitter
@GRANlTXHAKA34. Suspect you are havin a larf. Goodbye and good day sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom