• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotsGooner89

This thread actually highlights the problems with VAR even more. The fact I’m debating it and a few others too says it is debatable. The fact the ref in the studio said a yellow too also shows that it is. The rules of VAR have been laid as the ref has made a clear and obvious error. He hasn’t because it’s been proved to be debatable. I’d actually be less annoyed if he went to the monitor and changed his own decision which surely wouldn’t have taken any more time than what the actual review did.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The only positive from the game for me is that we didn't completely bottle it after going down to 10. But this wasn't a good performance. 1 attempt on goal for 70 minutes, 7 all game isn't good enough.

darkgunner

Again, we've been through this when Xhaka was out for two months. Torreira/Guendouzi doesn't work either and makes Torreira look bad also.

The problem isn't players in our midfield individually. The problem is that the Xhaka/Torreira pivot the only combination in our midfield is that works.

We desperatly need another experienced midfielder that can slot in for either (or overtake Xhaka) and for Guendouzi to get more coaching under Arteta.

If we sold Xhaka we would only be in deeper ****.

I'm advocating for him to be sold and replaced. He just isn't good enough and has demonstrated that plenty of times over the last 4 seasons he's been here.

He's on around 100k per week as well, so far too overpriced for a bench player.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'm advocating for him to be sold and replaced. He just isn't good enough and has demonstrated that plenty of times over the last 4 seasons he's been here.

He should be sold. He didn't actually do much today. People are gonna say he was good but that's only because he didnt do anything stupid rather than him doing something meaningful.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Which game did Pepe get a challenge exactly like that?

Good thing you added the word exactly as while he hasn't quite been on the end of a leg breaker yet, he has been kicked around plenty with Cresswell's scissor tackle at West Ham probably being the most prominent example.

Pepes blue pill

This season isnt about top four for me either, but I would be willing to wager that Chelsea arent clear in the top four yet, with 16 games to play.

Lots still to happen this season. Chelsea, Sp**s, United and I'd add Wolves, Palace, Sheffield as well, arent good enough to pull away from us.

Bookmark this message and come back to it later.

Im not saying chelsea are clear favourites, despite what the pundits tell you the standard is pretty **** outside of liverpool and city, I wouldnt wanna wager on who gets it but would very happily wager it wont be Arsenal, hope im wrong tho

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Well that ref is not fit for the job if that’s the case.. These kinds of tackles have to be punished with red every time. Attempt for the ball is no excuse..

EOAVsTjWAAANCx-

Just pure luck that was not an ankle breaker, awful tackle.

giphy.gif

#Davido

Having thought about it i still believe that Aubameyang foul is orange. And i just think its typical it get overtuend to a red against Arsenal.

I don't mind that tackle is a red, but can't VAR just be ****ing consistent with their decisions. We've been ****ed over by this season by VAR.

Whats the difference between that tackle and that insane scissor assault Cresswell did against Pepe during the winter fixtures? In my opinion there's nothing. Both are reckless and not caring for the player's safety. But we get the red and west ham get a throw in.

It was a clear red. Stupid challenge to make against an opponent going nowhere.

But so typical of these set of players to make such rash decisions at vital moments.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Great. Except you still haven't told me what's your alternative and ignored the points I made.

Great discussion!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have a massive IQ problem in this team. At 1 -0 Palace had zero threat, even on the counter. Instead of pushing for the goal we are more than happy with striking the ball around looking good.

Off the ball we have players who simply are running in sand. Xhaka, Torreira, Özil and Lacazette whether in form or not, still lack that yard of pace to stop giving fouls away and genuinely win the ball.

It's frustrating but part of the transition. The ball just doesn't stick with our forwards either. Lacazette lost so many duels today and in the last 10 it's like he wasn't even bothering to control it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We have a massive IQ problem in this team. At 1 -0 Palace had zero threat, even on the counter. Instead of pushing for the goal we are more than happy with striking the ball around looking good.

Off the ball we have players who simply are running in sand. Xhaka, Torreira, Özil and Lacazette whether in form or not, still lack that yard of pace to stop giving fouls away and genuinely win the ball.

It's frustrating but part of the transition. The ball just doesn't stick with our forwards either. Lacazette lost so many duels today and in the last 10 it's like he wasn't even bothering to control it.
Xhaka, Kolasinac may have a collective IQ of 10.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lacazette needs to be sold in the summer.

Can’t stand him.

Really harsh comment for a player who tirelessly worked his socks off, made countless intercepts, had an assist and played a few great through balls in the 1st that Pepe wasted. At one stage in the second he ran through 3 tackles. Palace hated him.

I could understand this post if he’d had one of his stinker games and contributed nothing.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The back 4 palyed well today. Luiz in particular in the first half was excellent but in the second half was at fault for their goal and should have done better. Good peformances as usual from AMN ( our best player in the match considering Torreira was taken off) Kola and Sokratis.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can say auba red card correct but Pepe also nearly got his ankle broken by Creswell and some Bournemouth players but both got nothing var didn't even bother to check. Jorginho too when we were winning he stopped a counter and should be off. VAR costed us like 9 points this season imo

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I dont remember which game it was but he got scissored at knee level and nothing came out of it.
Happened in two game in succession recently. Pepe and our player can be kicked around the park. Especially Pepe has been the target of some very bad tackles that could easily have injured him severely and nothing from the refs. Just love how unfair and biased the refs are towards us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Good thing you added the word exactly as while he hasn't quite been on the end of a leg breaker yet, he has been kicked around plenty with Cresswell's scissor tackle at West Ham probably being the most prominent example.

Well then give me an example of a clear red card tackle on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom