• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft PL ERA Draft (Round of 16) albakos vs GDeep | Winner: albakos

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

albakos XI

lineup-1-png.10023

vs

GDeep XI

Given
Ivanovic Vidic King Digne

Ince
Alonso Vieira

Foden Wright Mane​

The poll is set to 24 hours, so votes will be closed after that.

Rules:

1. No one from the 16 managers is allowed to vote (including @Riou)
- If a manager votes in favor of their own team, that will be -3 points in the total score.
- If a manager voted in another poll, that vote will not be counted in the final score.

2. A manager can present an overview of his team, and provide a brief for the following points:
- What are the strengths of his team
- What is (are) the weak spot(s) and how does he intend to address it. Post that below in the thread 👇 to convince voters.

3. Manager also needs to list the following:
- Opponent strengths and how he will defend or address against them
- Opponent weaknesses and how he will attack or exploit them

4. The winner of the tie, is allowed to pick one player from the losing side and replace him with a player from his team.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Thank you Don Smokeyy.

So this is my conversation style reply :lol:

What are the strengths of my team
My team is the modern 4-2-3-1 formation which can change its shape depending on which area the ball is in play. When Lauren bombs forward to support and overlap Sane or Pires, Fabinho drops back, Alderweireld becomes auxilliary rightback and the defence preserves its shape in anticipation of a counter attack.

There is strength across this team. Steel in midfield with Fabinho as DM and emergency CB, Essien acting as a box-to-box and Le Tiss providing creativity and late runs into the box.

The less said about Bobby Pires the better as his name speaks volumes of how great he is and so many kinds of threats it will bring and please let's not be silly in forgetting what qualities and loads of goals that Aguero brings

What is (are) the weak spot(s) and how does he intend to address it. Post that below in the thread 👇 to convince voters.
The only weak spot may be the inexperience of Leroy Sane and John Stones occasional lapse in concentration, however having the rest of defence of elite experience, I believe it can be mitigated.

Opponent strengths and how he will defend or address against them
The biggest strength of my opponent are obviously the legendary duo of Paddy Vieira and Wrighty. My team has enough steel in defence to be able to withstand the pressure from the man-mountain Paddy while in attack, it will be difficult to stop Wrighty, but I have instructed Fabinho and Pearce to stay very close to Wrighty. Hope that ruffles the little devil in him :)

Opponent weaknesses and how he will attack or exploit them
My opponent has strangely opted for a very dodgy Ledley King and inexperienced Lucas Digne. Although he claims that Ledley was the best PL defender on his day, imo that day was maybe on a dream he had many years ago.

Paul Ince does not have as much to show for in PL, so I look forward to Le Tiss getting an upper hand over him and let's see how this goes.

Over to you @GDeep™

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d actually go @GDeep™

Built a side rather than just throw a load of names together. Don’t get how he’s advancing the ball when Essien was never really a box 2 box.

No real creators either. Le Tissier averaged less than 10 assists a season, same with Pires and Sane was hardly a creator or do enough to win you games on his own.

Mane is another class compared to those two and that midfield is so clear. A lot made about the back line but at the end of the day we’ve seen Ferguson win titles with John O’Shea and Wes Brown playing 30 games.

If they work as a unit the like for like comparisons don’t really make sense.

2-0 G win here I reckon.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hello from myself John Motson and here with me today is former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher. So welcome to this beautiful afternoon in the Arsène Wenger Emirates Arena, the crowds from London have been in full flow and we are looking forward to a thrilling match.

We have Team Albakos as the home side playing against Team Gdeep visiting here from Birmingham. Both teams are full of talents, iconic players, absolute legends with some suspect inclusions as well, but it looks like a cracking match is on the cards.

It's team G who will kick the ball first. Ian Wright quickly passes it to Mane who tries to run past Lauren, but he is in good position to intercept it.

Ohh typical Mane, he elbowed Lauren there in 1st minute the referee breaks play as Mane is squirming while Lauren grabs him by the throat. Lauren is not having it, this is already tense and it is only the first minute of play.

lauren-mane.jpg

The play restarts now, Lauren passes it to Essien, who quickly releases Sane as he breaks free past a helpless Digne. Sane is in the box, King is out to block his shot, Sane twists and turns, oooh King makes a rash challenge as his knees betray him. That surely is grounds for a penalty, the ref is talking it over with the linesman. And it is a penalty, a stonewall penalty !!!

King is in agonising pain already, oooh replays show that his knee looks to have twisted and turned awkwardly after Sane dribbled past him with ease.

It is Lauren who will take the penalty, reminder of that famous penalty he took when Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-4 at WHL.

Sadio Mane is trying some mind games on Lauren who is having none of it and gives Mane a death stare. Mane looks terrified and walks back. It is now Lauren against Given.
Lauren, scooooores.

lauren-scores-penalty.jpg

That was a delightful penalty, such a calm head Lauren. He lobbed the ball in center of the goal past a helpless Given who jumped on his left. One nil to Albakos.

Ledley King is still being treated on the sidelines, this looks bad for team G as there are no substitutions in this competition.

king-injured.JPG

So as it stands, they are a goal and a man down.

This could be a long day for Team G.

Carragher: This is shooo bad for Ledley, John. I'm telling you I really feel for him, John. His manager Gagan looks devastated, he knows that on his day Ledley King was a top, top defender when he made the occassional appearance in a season. Now it's only Vidic, Ivanovic and Digne in defence and they look petrified at the prospect of facing Aguero, Pires and Sane, while Le Tiss is also very experienced and dangerous.

Motson: Vieira and Wright appeal for calm and rallying their troops after this shock start, but the rest of the squad already look shook. Digne is still in shock at how Sane passed him so easily.

digne-shcoked.JPG

Foden looks even more pale than he initially was having just faced against Stuart "The Psycho" Pearce. Digne cannot seem to grasp the magnitude of this match, he's never had to play against players of this quality.

We now go to the other box where the commentators: Martin Tyler and Gary Neville will be commentating the match from Team G perspective.

Martin....

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hello from myself John Motson and here with me today is former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher. So welcome to this beautiful afternoon in the Arsène Wenger Emirates Arena, the crowds from London have been in full flow and we are looking forward to a thrilling match.

We have Team Albakos as the home side playing against Team Gdeep visiting here from Birmingham. Both teams are full of talents, iconic players, absolute legends with some suspect inclusions as well, but it looks like a cracking match is on the cards.

It's team G who will kick the ball first. Ian Wright quickly passes it to Mane who tries to run past Lauren, but he is in good position to intercept it.

Ohh typical Mane, he elbowed Lauren there in 1st minute the referee breaks play as Mane is squirming while Lauren grabs him by the throat. Lauren is not having it, this is already tense and it is only the first minute of play.

View attachment 10079

The play restarts now, Lauren passes it to Essien, who quickly releases Sane as he breaks free past a helpless Digne. Sane is in the box, King is out to block his shot, Sane twists and turns, oooh King makes a rash challenge as his knees betray him. That surely is grounds for a penalty, the ref is talking it over with the linesman. And it is a penalty, a stonewall penalty !!!

King is in agonising pain already, oooh replays show that his knee looks to have twisted and turned awkwardly after Sane dribbled past him with ease.

It is Lauren who will take the penalty, reminder of that famous penalty he took when Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-4 at WHL.

Sadio Mane is trying some mind games on Lauren who is having none of it and gives Mane a death stare. Mane looks terrified and walks back. It is now Lauren against Given.
Lauren, scooooores.

View attachment 10080

That was a delightful penalty, such a calm head Lauren. He lobbed the ball in center of the goal past a helpless Given who jumped on his left. One nil to Albakos.

Ledley King is still being treated on the sidelines, this looks bad for team G as there are no substitutions in this competition.

View attachment 10081

Carragher: This is shooo bad for Ledley, John. I'm telling you I really feel for him, John. His manager Gagan looks devastated, he knows that on his day Ledley King was a top, top defender when he made the occassional appearance in a season. Now it's only Vidic, Ivanovic and Digne in defence and they look petrified at the prospect of facing Aguero, Pires and Sane, while Le Tiss is also very experienced and dangerous.

Motson: Vieira and Wright appeal for calm and rallying their troops after this shock start, but the rest of the squad already look shook. Digne is still in shock at how Sane passed him so easily.

View attachment 10082

Foden looks even more pale than he initially was having just faced against Stuart "The Psycho" Pearce. Digne cannot seem to grasp the magniture of this match, he's never had to play against players of this quality.

We now go to the other box where the commentators: Martin Tyler and Gary Neville will be commentating the match from Team G perspective.

Martin....

You should get docked 5 points just for this cringe fest 💀

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ledley Brenton King 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

View attachment 10079

Lauren, scooooores.

View attachment 10080

View attachment 10081

View attachment 10082

Foden looks even more pale than he initially was having just faced against Stuart "The Psycho" Pearce. Digne cannot seem to grasp the magniture of this match, he's never had to play against players of this quality.

Martin....

😂😂😂😂 Deduct points for the worst photoshop.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Similar teams tbh, both dodgy defences but good right backs, both competent 3 man midfields and both with decent mix of pace, power and goals in the frontline. I'd probably just go Albakos because Aguero was deadly and GDeep lacks creativity, but its close. Both good teams.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think Albakos edges this you know.

Just can't get past the Digne pick I really can't. Even lost his place at Everton and made the ultimate side move heading to Villa.

King as well, just shocking, still on the stretcher.

Curtois > Given surely?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Curtois > Given surely?

I’d genuinely take Given because at what point do we rate a guy who was really good for longer?

Given was a CL keeper at one stage who had a lot of good seasons over here. My issue with Thibaut is that he was here for four years only.

Was great for two of those years but was dogsh*t in 2015/16 and then in his final year had a down year numbers wise.

8B0A5E06-A2B2-4D42-9BC4-73C095FC8B41.jpeg

Feels a bit mad to penalise someone for being good over multiple years rather than a guy who was good for two years.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't understand this game.

I take it Gdeep doesn't know any PL left backs. Digne is a repulsive choice. I can only assume Digne is a sex symbol in Mumbai. It's the only reason I can think of for such a truly repellent pick.

Baines, Riise, P Neville, Winterburn, Irwin, Evra, Cole etc.

He's not even the best Everton LB of the PL era ffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom