• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft PL ERA Draft (Round of 16) Markstar vs A__G | Winner: A__G

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Like others have said it’s just voting for people you like rather than the team itself. No surprise that someone I triggered a while back and got a warning due to it votes for a team with Pogba as a DM, Carra/Jags at the back and Kewell in midfield 🤣🤣🤣

The hate is real.

Seeing yours and Oxeki's teams conceding any votes at all is comical, Triou may as well put Costa in nets at this point, they'll still pick up 30% of the vote.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Like others have said it’s just voting for people you like rather than the team itself. No surprise that someone I triggered a while back and got a warning due to it votes for a team with Pogba as a DM, Carra/Jags at the back and Kewell in midfield 🤣🤣🤣

The hate is real.

There's that, but there's some voting the other way if you have too many Sp**s or Leeds or another hated team.

Deep complex meta mehn.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Looked relatively close until checking that was Bernardo Silva and not David Silva

Bernardo Silva is objectively better for my team than David Silva, given Bernardo is better defensively. If you wanted a more attacking inverted winger or AM then David Silva gets the nod, but they're both basically world class secondary creators in the Nasri mould with slight differences here and there.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

What is this supposed to prove? 😭
That's what I was wondering? Neville conceded a penalty and Kane missed an open goal (both not in the EPL), I guess we judge entire careers on single moments for England now?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's what I was wondering? Neville conceded a penalty and Kane missed an open goal (both not in the EPL), I guess we judge entire careers on single moments for England now?
Kane is likely to end his career as the all-time top scorer for Premier League and England. What the hell does Neville have in comparison? He’s just a utility player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There's that, but there's some voting the other way if you have too many Sp**s or Leeds or another hated team.

Deep complex meta mehn.

It’s ridiculous 🤣 the toxicity during the voting pretty much sums up A-M, it’s probably one of the main reasons our club hasn’t been successful in a while.

The club is cursed imo.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Kane is likely to end his career as the all-time top scorer for Premier League and England. What the hell does Neville have in comparison? He’s just a utility player.

Why are you comparing my worst player with your best?

If you look at the 11 I have 7 positions better than yours, no wonder you're bleating about Neville

Schmeichel>>>>>Martyn
Campbell>Desailly
Carvalho>>>>>>Kosclelny
Neville>Winterburn
Makelele>Petit
Modric>>>Henderson
Gerrard>Silva
Ginola>Nani
Kane>Cole
Sheringham>Sturridge (especially as RWF)
TAA>James

Winterburn has 2 caps for England and Neville has 59. Winterburn played for Arsenal till 2000 but wasn't in the England side past 93 because...Neville (and others) kept him out of the team. I look at your side and struggle to name 5 players who have ever been considered world class (Nani for a spell, Kane, Makelele, Gerrard, Desailly...maybe Modric at a push in the EPL) where in my side you'd have to say only Neville and Henderson have been considered less than world class throughout most of their EPL careers.

There's no way I can slice your team being better at all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Seeing yours and Oxeki's teams conceding any votes at all is comical, Triou may as well put Costa in nets at this point, they'll still pick up 30% of the vote.

:lol:

There’s one individual that didn’t partake in any of the other voting threads but decided to vote against me at the first given opportunity, he probably didn’t even check the teams 🤣🤣🤣

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why are you comparing my worst player with your best?

If you look at the 11 I have 7 positions better than yours, no wonder you're bleating about Neville

Schmeichel>>>>>Martyn
Campbell>Desailly
Carvalho>>>>>>Kosclelny
Neville>Winterburn
Makelele>Petit
Modric>>>Henderson
Gerrard>Silva
Ginola>Nani
Kane>Cole
Sheringham>Sturridge (especially as RWF)

Winterburn has 2 caps for England and Neville has 59. Winterburn played for Arsenal till 2000 but wasn't in the England side past 93 because...Neville (and others) kept him out of the team. I look at your side and struggle to name 5 players who have ever been considered world class (Nani for a spell, Kane, Makelele, Gerrard, Desailly...maybe Modric at a push in the EPL) where in my side you'd have to say only Neville and Henderson have been considered less than world class throughout most of their EPL careers.

There's no way I can slice your team being better at all.
I’m not bleating about Neville, @Trilly asked if he was good and I pointed out that he’s merely a utility player. Described as “primarily a LB” even tho I posted the numbers that showed he played more for United as a RB and DM. You took issue with that fact and have argued it since.

World class is a subjective term too, you’re basically taking all your players at their peak it diluting my players by considering the totality of their careers. Not to mention you’re leaving out the context in those comparisons: Carvalho played in a Mourinho team, Koscielny had a higher degree of difficulty often being left exposed 1v1 in an attack minded side.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I’m not bleating about Neville, @Trilly asked if he was good and I pointed out that he’s merely a utility player. Described as “primarily a LB” even tho I posted the numbers that showed he played more for United as a RB and DM

World class is a subjective term too, you’re basically taking all your players at their peak it diluting my players by considering the totality of their careers. Not to mention you’re leaving out the context in those comparisons: Carvalho played in a Mourinho team, Koscielny had a higher degree of difficulty often being left exposed 1v1 in an attack minded side.

The context IS these current teams, you've partnered a good but hardly world class CB in Koscielny with a top but declining CB in Desailly and Martyn who was always was considered solid at best and played for teams like Crystal Palace, Everton and Leeds, I've partnered Carvalho with the best CB and GK in EPL history, my defence is levels above yours in every position.

The defence is actually so much better that I'm surprised anyone even bothered looking at the rest of the teams, even though I'd give my attack the edge with your midfield being much stronger.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The context IS these current teams, you've partnered a good but hardly world class CB in Koscielny with a top but declining CB in Desailly and Martyn who was always was considered solid at best and played for teams like Crystal Palace, Everton and Leeds, I've partnered Carvalho with the best CB and GK in EPL history, my defence is levels above yours in every position.

The defence is actually so much better that I'm surprised anyone even bothered looking at the rest of the teams, even though I'd give my attack the edge with your midfield being much stronger.
He made three PFA Premier League Teams of the Year and led the league in clean sheets twice. Schmeichel was better but the idea that Martyn was some kind of terrible pick is ridiculous tbh.

Again Sol being the best CB in PL history is subjective, Arsenal fans would say that but you’d get different opinions from different people.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

DJ_Saltstar lost by a landslide but still making A__G fight for his dinner you love to see it 🔥

Do me a favour, do a thought experiment. Maybe everyone reading can do it.

How many players do you think I'd happily take from A_G's if I'd won? I'd probably take Modric (even though Henderson has done far more in the EPL) or Makelele (who is better than Petit but I still have a world class option) but they're not night and day. the rest I either have excellent players or better players. You're not really taking Nani over Ginola or Winterburn over Neville, like.

Compare that to Schmeichel who is at least 3 levels above Martyn, or Carvalho/Campbell to Desailly/Koscielny which is also a massive gap.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He made three PFA Premier League Teams of the Year and led the league in clean sheets twice. Schmeichel was better but the idea that Martyn was some kind of terrible pick is ridiculous tbh.

Again Sol being the best CB in PL history is subjective, Arsenal fans would say that but you’d get different opinions from different people.

I didn't say Martyn was terrible, I said he was solid at best. He's not a bad keeper but we're talking about EPL all time lists, he's far from the top of that list.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I didn't say Martyn was terrible, I said he was solid at best. He's not a bad keeper but we're talking about EPL all time lists, he's far from the top of that list.
The elite keepers were already taken by then, look at the ones picked after me: Pickford, Given, Hart. Ederson was the only one I could maybe have gone for.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Do me a favour, do a thought experiment. Maybe everyone reading can do it.

How many players do you think I'd happily take from A_G's if I'd won? I'd probably take Modric (even though Henderson has done far more in the EPL) or Makelele (who is better than Petit but I still have a world class option) but they're not night and day. the rest I either have excellent players or better players. You're not really taking Nani over Ginola or Winterburn over Neville, like.

Compare that to Schmeichel who is at least 3 levels above Martyn, or Carvalho/Campbell to Desailly/Koscielny which is also a massive gap.

Mate I can't vote my opinion doesn't matter :lol::lol:

If it means anything you took Schemichael and Petit from me (I have proof I wanted to pick them). I got really unlucky with the order and I still could have picked great players but when 1st and 2nd choice get taken each round it does really scramble the brains.

Ginola has lost out to recency bias unfortunately for you, a few of us who played openly said that was one of the picks of the draft but it is what it is, A-M has spoken.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

The elite keepers were already taken by then, look at the ones picked after me: Pickford, Given, Hart. Ederson was the only one I could maybe have gone for.

That's the point of the draft. Do you really think I wanted Henderson or Neville?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Martyn was in the PFA TOTY twice.

It’s because his name is Nigel that he’s getting dunked on.

Why was he never snapped up by a top team if he was elite?

You do raise a good point though, Nigel is a banter name and I should have utilised that more in my early propaganda.

Oh btw I just looked up the PFA Team of the year for 98/99 and 99/00 and half my team is in it. Campbell, Ginola, Petit and Cole 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom