• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft PL ERA Draft (Round of 16) Markstar vs A__G | Winner: A__G

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Martyn was in the PFA TOTY twice.
FDCE3434-A0A3-4393-BCB7-69866492E980.jpeg

mour1.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Mate I can't vote my opinion doesn't matter :lol::lol:

If it means anything you took Schemichael and Petit from me (I have proof I wanted to pick them). I got really unlucky with the order and I still could have picked great players but when 1st and 2nd choice get taken each round it does really scramble the brains.

Ginola has lost out to recency bias unfortunately for you, a few of us who played openly said that was one of the picks of the draft but it is what it is, A-M has spoken.

Tbh I'm just making A_G sing for his supper (as you said), kinda enjoying the intensity of the debate when its based on football and not calling a player Mia Khalifa, as well. There's also a nice nostalgia to it all, I'm googling Joe Cole videos from 20 years ago FFS.

He has a very good team, I just can't take the vote seriously since mine is better and even if you think its close or mine is worse...I have 20% of the vote which is nuts in itself :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why was he never snapped up by a top team if he was elite?

You do raise a good point though, Nigel is a banter name and I should have utilised that more in my early propaganda.

Oh btw I just looked up the PFA Team of the year for 98/99 and 99/00 and half my team is in it. Campbell, Ginola, Petit and Cole 🤔

Leeds were in the Champions League at the time.

Us and Utd already had established keepers so where else could he go?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbh I'm just making A_G sing for his supper (as you said), kinda enjoying the intensity of the debate when its based on football and not calling a player Mia Khalifa.

He has a very good team, I just can't take the vote seriously since mine is better and even if you think its close or mine is worse its close...I have 20% of the vote which is nuts in itself :lol:

The votes don’t reflect how close the teams are though. I feel like you’re looking at this wrong.

By all means though, make A__G earn the win

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Leeds were in the Champions League at the time.

Us and Utd already had established keepers so where else could he go?

I think people keep confusing "LOL he's ****" with "he's levels below other top keepers". There's no shame in being worse than a Schmeichel, the best LB in the draft is Ashley Cole but there's still other very good LBs who aren't **** but are nowhere near his level.

For e.g. Petit was a top DM but I've accepted Makelele as a superior pick in this draft, don't think its too contraversial either despite the arguments I could make about only 5 years in England and not having the distribution of Petit or whatever. Petit also made team of the year and Makelele never did, so I could also argue that Petit's peak was higher than Makelele.

I also accepted Kane as better than Cole even though Cole was a legendary finisher with ludicrous pace and all round game who has won everything and still holds the record for goals in a season, because Kane has been consistently better over multiple seasons.

Likewise, Schmeichel is a superior pick to Martyn, but imo the gap is much larger than the aforementioned.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Picking Henderson and Phil Neville in a draft is insane though, might have to give to the guy from Devon who calls himself American for some reason.

Just seen this again, feel like my previous reply wasn't adequate.

130 England caps between them, 7 PL titles and 2 CL titles as well, one as captain as my two weakest players. A-M has 0 ball knowledge.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Rock defensively but one of my early memories of him are his 2-3 successful crosses per season.

I guess if you rate Kyle Walker as world class then you’d rate Sagna too? Different players but both average offensively and pretty much impossible to beat defensively?

Sagna is remembered fondly for his defensive attributes which were very good but imo Walker is basically a turbocharged version of Sagna, if I had to choose I'd pick Walker since he's an absurd athlete, would completely roast Sagna in a 60m dash at their peaks, although Sagna is arguably better positionally. Similar height as well but I feel like Walker is a bit more physical generally.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Who you swiping @A__G ? Schmeichel?

@DJ_Markstar - chin up bro, not sure what happened here but this was much much closer than the votes suggest. Wear that L like a badge of honour. Builds character and all that jazz.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Who you swiping @A__G ? Schmeichel?

@DJ_Markstar - chin up bro, not sure what happened here but this was much much closer than the votes suggest. Wear that L like a badge of honour. Builds character and all that jazz.

Like I said he could pick 7 of my players, but he'll probably go for Schmeichel or Campbell as its the biggest gaps he can fill.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I guess so, since A-M prefer big names over unsung heroes like big Nige.

You've always been a fan of Nigels tbf, you've got Winterburn and Martyn and I remember you told me how fond you were of Farage not too long ago. Ngl tho, Farage would probably be better defensively than your backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom