• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft PL ERA Draft (Round of 16) Tir Na Nog vs db10_therza | Winner: Tir Na Nog

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tir Na Nog XI

1666612519502.png

vs

db10_therza XI

1666612504524.png

The poll is set to 24 hours, so votes will be closed after that.

Rules:

1. No one from the 16 managers is allowed to vote (including @Riou)
- If a manager votes in favor of their own team, that will be -3 points in the total score.
- If a manager voted in another poll, that vote will not be counted in the final score.

2. A manager can present an overview of his team, and provide a brief for the following points:
- What are the strengths of his team
- What is (are) the weak spot(s) and how does he intend to address it. Post that below in the thread 👇 to convince voters.

3. Manager also needs to list the following:
- Opponent strengths and how he will defend or address against them
- Opponent weaknesses and how he will attack or exploit them

4. The winner of the tie, is allowed to pick one player from the losing side and replace him with a player from his team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really like both teams but Tir gets this imo.

Creatively he’ll be able to control the ball in midfield and he’s got gunmen up front.

Problem db10 has is with that midfield you really need pace and in behind runners because it’ll be hard breaking teams down.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My strengths well balanced side with elite forwards. One of the best PL midfielders who can do everything in midfield. Best LB supporting an exciting winger and Beckham on the other flank who was a machine from crossing and set pieces.

We're not gonna go crazy with pressing, probably mid block, looking to mix it up and we'll not play a high line which will leave the CBs exposed.

Weaknesses only really defence, I think it's overstated tho, these are two title winning CBs and if Young gets too far forward Keane can always plug the gaps.

Db10 has Shearer and two good wingers, not as good as mine but good nonetheless.

His weaknesses Ederson let's every shot in. Back four is pretty mid despite all that's been said about mine. Zola offers some of what Cantona does but the latter being a level or two above. I also think there's a disconnect between midfield and forwards. Two defensive midfielders and a forward not known for his defensive contribution at 10. It's like 2 midfielders and 4 forwards.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tir gets this if the ref’s crap, Kean will kick the legs out of Matic and Kante. Beckham free kick around the box and it’s 1-0. 😂

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

hmmmm....

I think Tir takes this you know.

But Zola and Shearer is a 90's wet dream honestly.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Team Strengths:

1) The strongest, most balanced attack in the draft. Pace, power, precision, elegance and outright ****ishness. Recipe for success.

2) Multiple routes to goal:
- The "preferred" method is to have Giggs playing as a false winger (we saw just how effective he was as a midfield playmaker in his later years) and "magic box" Zola drawing opposition players towards him with no hope of getting the ball. Zola invented press resistance before pressing was even a thing. Pure magic in tight spaces. Between them, they'd create a half chance for Shearer. And that's all the GOAT needs.
- Option 2: The main man Mahrez just cuts infield and does his thing
- Option 3: The Hail Mary - a.k.a Ederson long pass straight to Shearer. Route 1. Devastating. I've shied away from picking current players in their prime (unlike many other drafters) as I think that's against the spirit of the game, but made an exception for Ederson just for this.

3) The non negotiables. My team has them in spades. Don Mikel would approve. There's no primadonnas in here (apart from Shearer, but CFs are allowed it)

Team Weaknesses:

1) Midfield creativity: As mentioned, on first glance you'd think Kante and Matic would struggle to break things down. That's not what they're here for. They're here to cover every blade of grass, win every duel and pass the ball on. And they are ELITE at this. The creativity will be provided by Giggs drifting infield and Zola dropping into midfield.

2) Defence: Admittedly had to use some creative license here. Firstly, given I have 2 world class cdm/destroyer types breaking up opposition play, this is less of a "weakness" than you might at first think. But once an opposition does get through, my centre backs have 3 PLs and a World Cup between them. They won't be playing out the back any time soon for sure, but they don't need to, that is not one of my routes to goal. Remember, Huth didn't just defend against the opposition en route to Leicester winning their 1-in-a-million PL. He also had to defend against Harry Maguire... And Frank? The premier league (96-01) Leboeuf completely marked Ronaldo Nazario out of the biggest game in world football, that 98 Final. If he can deal with him, he can deal with anyone. Monreal and Petrescu - solid and dependable. Petrescu in particular was great going forwards, comfortable in both midfield and defence. Many here might not remember him, but he was in the first ever Premier League team of the decade for good reason.

Opposition """Strengths""":

The player that fears me most is Cantona. Between Kante and Matic, I should have him covered.

Opposition Weaknesses:

How long do I have?

The right hand side of his team is defensively ridiculous. Whilst Keane will be busy dealing with Zola, Giggs will just drift in between Ashley Young (seriously, Ashley ****ing young?) and Keown and slip in Shearer, who will be 1-on-1 with... wait for it... Cahill.

Overmars, whilst undeniably elite, was only in the PL for 2 seasons really. Barely scrapes the minimum criteria to make it in the draft. My players all have a body of work in the PL and that should count and it will count.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Hmmm, depends which Torres. if its Chelsea Torres I don't see enough goal output from Tir Na Nog, but DB10s backline is fairly weak so he might score anyway.

Think Giggs/Shearer is a magic bullet on the counter, one of the best wingers in EPL history crossing to the top scorer in EPL history who is dynamite in the air...with Matic/Kante a brickwall in front of the dodgy defence, gonna go DB10 but its close.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hmmm, depends which Torres. if its Chelsea Torres I don't see enough goal output from Tir Na Nog, but DB10s backline is fairly weak so he might score anyway.

Think Giggs/Shearer is a magic bullet on the counter, one of the best wingers in EPL history crossing to the top scorer in EPL history who is dynamite in the air...with Matic/Kante a brickwall in front of the dodgy defence, gonna go DB10 but its close.

Surely we're talking players at their peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom