• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft PL ERA Draft (Round of 16) Uncle Good Advice vs OnlyOne | Winner: Uncle Good Advice

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Uncle Good Advice XI

1666612780989.png

vs

OnlyOne XI

1666612797925.png

The poll is set to 24 hours, so votes will be closed after that.

Rules:

1. No one from the 16 managers is allowed to vote (including @Riou)
- If a manager votes in favor of their own team, that will be -3 points in the total score.
- If a manager voted in another poll, that vote will not be counted in the final score.

2. A manager can present an overview of his team, and provide a brief for the following points:
- What are the strengths of his team
- What is (are) the weak spot(s) and how does he intend to address it. Post that below in the thread 👇 to convince voters.

3. Manager also needs to list the following:
- Opponent strengths and how he will defend or address against them
- Opponent strengths and how he will attack or exploit them

4. The winner of the tie, is allowed to pick one player from the losing side and replace him with a player from his team.

Uncle Good-Advice

I picked a team that is balanced in every department. Quick one-two passing would dismantle every defence and you won't even know how they did it.

This is a team that have exceptional stamina and willingness to run, so I expect a lot of goals late into the games. Midfield duo can run all day just like wing-backs while wingers like Özil and Alexis would never stop moving. Also football IQ of my frontline is off the charts, all are perfectly capable of creating some magic and I can't see even the best of defenders to anticipate their moves and break almost telepathic connection that those great players have. Can you imagine Özil, Bergkamp and Kanu in one team?

I'm expecting Gael Clichy to lead the league in assists, bombing forward and overlapping with Özil would destroy every right-back. And if you try to help then Alexis on his own will create havoc on the other side. And if you even manage to nullify that, late runs in the box made by Ramsey and Romford Pele (created by Bergkamp passing) won't be stopped.
This team can also sit back and counter. Three solid defenders in Toure, Bould and Dixon and midfielders willing to do the dirty work in defence would definitely be a nuisance even for the best forward lines. Remember Tony Adams' most famous goal against Everton? It was Steve Bould who made the perfect pass and I'm counting on his ability to start a lot of counter-attacks, Alexis can drop deep and run with the ball from box to box as well. Oh and there's one David Seaman on goal who has a knack of making impossible saves.

It's a tough matchup against great opponent. But why should I win?

My area of weakness in defence is LB where Clichy is quite an offensive player however @OnlyOne team has no threat on the right. Therefore I can move Clichy more forward and Özil to the centre while Kolo Toure with his quickness can cover LB. Playing Ramsey and Parlour more centrally will definitely match VdV and Tomas. Also how one poor Fernandinho can cope with Bergkamp and Özil? Impossible task. Kompany and Ferdinand as great as they are aren't mobile enough to stop my tiki-taka and Alexis will completely destroy Graeme.

Son against Dixon? One heavy tackle and goodbye Vienna! Berbatov and Suarez are a handful and would make problems to most teams, but here this Bulgarian **** will be taken out by our own Steve Bould. Besides, how could an attack of two Sp**s players can do anything against the mighty Arsenal??

So I expect victory here! COYG!

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I picked a team that is balanced in every department. Quick one-two passing would dismantle every defence and you won't even know how they did it.

This is a team that have exceptional stamina and willingness to run, so I expect a lot of goals late into the games. Midfield duo can run all day just like wing-backs while wingers like Özil and Alexis would never stop moving. Also football IQ of my frontline is off the charts, all are perfectly capable of creating some magic and I can't see even the best of defenders to anticipate their moves and break almost telepathic connection that those great players have. Can you imagine Özil, Bergkamp and Kanu in one team?

I'm expecting Gael Clichy to lead the league in assists, bombing forward and overlapping with Özil would destroy every right-back. And if you try to help then Alexis on his own will create havoc on the other side. And if you even manage to nullify that, late runs in the box made by Ramsey and Romford Pele (created by Bergkamp passing) won't be stopped.
This team can also sit back and counter. Three solid defenders in Toure, Bould and Dixon and midfielders willing to do the dirty work in defence would definitely be a nuisance even for the best forward lines. Remember Tony Adams' most famous goal against Everton? It was Steve Bould who made the perfect pass and I'm counting on his ability to start a lot of counter-attacks, Alexis can drop deep and run with the ball from box to box as well. Oh and there's one David Seaman on goal who has a knack of making impossible saves.

It's a tough matchup against great opponent. But why should I win?

My area of weakness in defence is LB where Clichy is quite an offensive player however @OnlyOne team has no threat on the right. Therefore I can move Clichy more forward and Özil to the centre while Kolo Toure with his quickness can cover LB. Playing Ramsey and Parlour more centrally will definitely match VdV and Tomas. Also how one poor Fernandinho can cope with Bergkamp and Özil? Impossible task. Kompany and Ferdinand as great as they are aren't mobile enough to stop my tiki-taka and Alexis will completely destroy Graeme.

Son against Dixon? One heavy tackle and goodbye Vienna! Berbatov and Suarez are a handful and would make problems to most teams, but here this Bulgarian **** will be taken out by our own Steve Bould. Besides, how could an attack of two Sp**s players can do anything against the mighty Arsenal??

So I expect victory here! COYG!

Fair ****s I aint writing something this long.

I'll let my team do the talking. Good luck Uncle.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Poor Ray would have been totally overworked in that team, swap out Ramsey with Gilberto and that would be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom