• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Late to the party but missed the game and had to watch a replay.

I actually think things are shaping up for us. We still desperately lack creativity and chance creation, but when in attack we have more movement and take up better positions. Shame though we let their first one in. Unlucky but to be fair Holding should never have let DCL latch onto that cross at all. Second not a lot to say about, more than it doesn’t make sense not to match someone like Mina with a good/strong one-on-one player.
  • Dani at least showed glimpses of the Dani we saw end of last season. Our best player imo
  • AMN was a big positive today.
  • Saka a bit invisible, but good as always
  • Willian’s 2nd half was a positive. I hope he can build on this, but I still don’t see how he starts.
  • Our build up play is much better with Luiz at the back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Next 5 games Chelsea Brighton Westbrom Newcastle Crystal palace. I honestly can't see us finishing with more than 20 points things look extremely bad so if things not improve the board has to take a decision

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Tactics, which agreed are naive.

A cultural change is more complicated. Its how we recruit, how we pay players, how we handle youth, team strategy...how we want to be seen as a club moving forward.

The only thing I've seen that I liked is most of our recruitments this summer. I think our academies are still strong overall. Strategy is lacking obviously.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Yeah, I know, it looks bad right now. But give it time. We wont be relegated.

lol
Don't you see the issue here? You're defending the manager where "we won't be relegated" is the discussion. Even if you don't think we'll actually be relegated, isn't it amazing that it's within the realm of possibility? Do you think Arteta is setting us up with the best possible team and tactics?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Next 5 games Chelsea Brighton Westbrom Newcastle Crystal palace. I honestly can't see us finishing with more than 20 points things look extremely bad so if things not improve the board has to take a decision

I actually think the league games of Brighton, WBA and Crystal Palace are the significant games here. Should we lose those, I think the game is up for Mikel.

The board better have something lined up for that. Giving Per or Steve an interim job for a month will *NOT* cut it.

Ideally we will not end up there. Mikel needs points on the board.

nas7232

I actually think things are shaping up for us. We still desperately lack creativity and chance creation, but when in attack we have more movement and take up better positions. Shame though we let their first one in. Unlucky but to be fair Holding should never have let DCL latch onto that cross at all. Second not a lot to say about, more than it doesn’t make sense not to match someone like Mina with a good/strong one-on-one player.
  • Dani at least showed glimpses of the Dani we saw end of last season. Our best player imo
  • Willian’s 2nd half was a positive. I hope he can build on this, but I still don’t see how he starts.
We must be watching different games. Luiz will get dropped when Gabriel returns. Willian was gash the whole way. AMN is better than bellerin but was owned by his opponent several times. Ceballos nearly got sent off for doing stupid ****

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
lol
Don't you see the issue here? You're defending the manager where "we won't be relegated" is the discussion. Even if you don't think we'll actually be relegated, isn't it amazing that it's within the realm of possibility? Do you think Arteta is setting us up with the best possible team and tactics?
Because there's a future pay off I believe in.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We must be watching different games. Luiz will get dropped when Gabriel returns. Willian was gash the whole way. AMN is better than bellerin but was owned by his opponent several times. Ceballos nearly got sent off for doing stupid ****
I agree Luiz will be dropped, just stating our build up is better with him. Willian was a positive in the sense that he had a better 2nd half than in a long time imho - tbf I did say I don’t think he should start. I stand by AMN being a positive, even though he struggled a couple of times. Regarding Dani, he wasn’t really close. I mean he could’ve been sent off but they decided to not look at it (or did I miss that?). Regardless he was a lot better than he’s been this season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Amn looked a bit rusty but grew in to the game. Give him another few games at right back like he got before and he'll be performing to a higher standard again. Didn't think Ceballos was great today but he did move the ball forward at least, not sure what stupid sh*t you're on about.

kooldawg

Established Member
None of them were good enough when it mattered. Midfield non existant for the most part. Ceballos giving the ball away multiple times and flying into needless tackles. Midfield press easily bypassed. All tactical issues. Yes the players are low on confidence and suck, but the tactics don't give them any room to try something.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Mikel hasn’t improved anyone. Not a single player. There’s no one he’s getting the best out of with these tactics.

ASIF

Was hoping that by the time i wake up Arteta would have been sacked.We should get Wenger back till we find a proper manager.Im following Arsenal since 2002 but this is the first time i m not looking forward to watching an Arsenal match.Liverpool scored more goals yesterday then we have managed in our last eleven games.Get this Spanish fraud out of my club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

EpobLFIXMAMKEGi

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

1. Chelsea : All their underperforming players come to life against us. Loss

2. Brighton : Led by the underrated Graham Potter, have had our number for the last 3 premier league meetings & Maupay loves playing against us. Loss

3. West Brom : Fat Sam's back & itching to get one over an Arsenal side bereft of intelligence & leadership. Loss

4. Crystal Palace : No signs of the team trounced by Liverpool will be apparent. Wilf Zaha, as is usual, will have the game of his life. Even Benteke will score an uncharacteristic goal. Loss

The fixtures gradually get worse from there & one would start wondering where the points will materialize from?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If we don't win at least one from Brighton and West Brom we'll be in the relegation zone by then. That must surely be the trigger for something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom