• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It's like we carved a perfectly constructed hole for Mesut Özil to sit in.

My issue is I don’t see it changing no matter who we sign. He has players that can sit in that space. Willian, Ceballos and Saka could all do it. So then I ask myself will he really change it if he signed someone like Buendia? I’m starting to doubt he will.

remains

To be fair, yesterday’s loss I would normally not blame on the manager. Everton weren’t great and their first goal was lucky as hell. They definitely didn’t deserve to win the game.

Unfortunately for Arteta, this loss has to be judged along with all the other bad results in this disastrous run of form. When put in this context, you have to hope the club are sounding out a replacement as we surely cannot carry on like this.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
To be fair, yesterday’s loss I would normally not blame on the manager. Everton weren’t great and their first goal was lucky as hell. They definitely didn’t deserve to win the game.

Unfortunately for Arteta, this loss has to be judged along with all the other bad results in this disastrous run of form. When put in this context, you have to hope the club are sounding out a replacement as we surely cannot carry on like this.
Yep, Venkatesham and Edu, with all of their knowledge of European football, are going to sound out a proper replacement for us.

We are beyond screwed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep, Venkatesham and Edu, with all of their knowledge of European football, are going to sound out a proper replacement for us.

We are beyond screwed.
You don't need big knowledge to know who the best experienced coach available if we fans know them these guys should too

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You don't need big knowledge to know who the best experienced coach available if we fans know them these guys should too
Yes but the fans just see big names and assume they should be a success here. We're armchair experts.

It is those guys' jobs to actually look more deeply into that - who would genuinely turn this particular team/club around, etc.

Can you trust them?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
lol
Don't you see the issue here? You're defending the manager where "we won't be relegated" is the discussion. Even if you don't think we'll actually be relegated, isn't it amazing that it's within the realm of possibility? Do you think Arteta is setting us up with the best possible team and tactics?

No he doesn’t

It’s like dropping your child off with a first time babysitter who tells you they’ll make sure they’re still breathing when you’re back :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Our squad planning is so poor but i guess that what happen you gone from wenger to Sven to raul to edu and Arteta in space of 3 years

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes but the fans just see big names and assume they should be a success here. We're armchair experts.

It is those guys' jobs to actually look more deeply into that - who would genuinely turn this particular team/club around, etc.

Can you trust them?
No i don't edu have almost no European experience Vinai i don't know what he do. Still in this position you go to best possible option hell I'll even take Rafa Benitez

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shearer said on MOTD last night that he hopes we go down...man still bitter over getting smashed in the 1998 Cup final by us, and for taking his beloved Newcastle to relegation as gaffer!

We probably will go down though...

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Shearer said on MOTD last night that he hopes we go down...man still bitter over getting smashed in the 1998 Cup final by us, and for taking his beloved Newcastle to relegation as gaffer!

We probably will go down though...
He actually said that?? Wtf?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I missed the game last night, sort of pleased I did now though, conceded another OG & a goal right on H/T again. We've given away a few OG's & too many red cards recently at least we didn't give 1 against Everton though I saw. This is just getting out of hand now, worse & worse.

Starting to see pictures of the players & Arteta now after games & how down they are but they don't seem to want to do much about it unfortunately. Surely we've got to bring Özil back in the new year squad.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

EpobLFIXMAMKEGi
Yeah I'm not saying I'm happy with how it looks, but I'm happy with the trend. What I mean with "in attack we have more movement and take up better positions" is that we at least don't build up with Elneny or Dani as RB and that hybrid inverted LB/CM we usually do.

There's still A LOT to be done, I'm well aware

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

EprTxOBW4AAAMeP

Jesus christ. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How on earth can you expect to do anything playing like this.
I've noticed though over the last few games aswell we seem to be a bit slow at getting our shots & crosses away in general after the players first touches the opposition tend to get so many foot blocks in compared to other teams. That wouldn't help either.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've noticed though over the last few games aswell we seem to be a bit slow at getting our shots & crosses away in general after the players first touches the opposition tend to get so many foot blocks in compared to other teams. That wouldn't help either.

But we're making it so easy, every team knows what we're going to do it's so so predictable. There's only so much you can do building through the wings and completely neglecting the middle of the pitch. Even if we were getting our crosses in earlier we'll only have a couple of players in there and none of them are exactly brilliant in the air.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

But we're making it so easy, every team knows what we're going to do it's so so predictable. There's only so much you can do building through the wings and completely neglecting the middle of the pitch. Even if we were getting our crosses in earlier we'll only have a couple of players in there and none of them are exactly brilliant in the air.
Put it this way, we are building up & playing too slow in general compared to how we use to play it is so boring & disappointing. I still remember the 2 goals with fast, 1 touches we'd scored against Leicester & Norwich all those years ago when we played faster. The one against Leicester probably one of my favourites, started from our box all the way to theirs in less then 10 seconds.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I miss this goal big time & that was still with Emery but that was more like Wenger football. We've lost so much confidence & trust in each other now (the players) it's just so disappointing.

Last edited:
What I don't understand: is this not more or less the same arsenal team that beat manchester city and liverpool and chelsea?

If anything it should be better with the addition of Gabriel and Partey.

Has Arteta lost the dressing room somehow? He seems preoccupied with leaks which makes me wonder. Sometimes the inflexibility and inexperience of youth can be counterproductive

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Is this even acceptable? Does mikel not seeing any of this? It's just trying to watch this on repeat every game isolated striker non functional wingers midfield too close and adding nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom