• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Everton Vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 Sky Sports 1:30pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Despite his mistake Xhaka played well today.

Despite his goal Ramsey was all over the place again, no discipline.

Despite his mistake on the back pass Monreal was superb.

Despite there first game together as a front three, they were electric at times.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Xhaka was too tentative at times.

Ramsey was indeed all over the place, but much of the time it was hurting Everton.

Yes.

Yes.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Now that I have watched the first goal again I think it was a foul on Xhaka. Even Everton player who fouled Xhaka stopped for a second. I think Arsenal defence thought the same, and they were caught by surprise.

Last edited:

Crocrodile

Despite there first game together as a front three, they were electric at times.

Despite all this, this Everton side is truly shambolic.

Axel9090

Havent seen from Xhaka what we brought him in to do tbh and I really dont know what his job is. Steel in the midfield? Deep lying playmaker? He is kind of just there. Hope he can get it together but he could well be written off as an average signing soon.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great game to watch, thought we came out the blocks very well, if Lacazette had put that shot either side the route would have started earlier. Great to see him score later, also pleased for Özil, lovely header, will do him good.

All in all, what was an awful start to the season, now sees us level with Chelsea, & 4 pts behind Spuds & Utd with approx quarter of the season gone. Obviously I left City out, no one is catching them.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Great win but makes it obvious that not playing Özil, Ramsey and Alexis against Watford was a big mistake, we would never have lost that game if they started the game. Both were fit and should have played, don`t care if Alexis was disappointed after Chile was knocked out.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Despite all this, this Everton side is truly shambolic.
:lol: When we lose to Everton it's because Koeman's got Wenger's number and knows how to set up against us.

When we beat Everton, that quickly gets forgotten, and we only win because they're shambolic.

Our incisive passing in the first half would have cut any team open. Some of the best passing moves I've seen this year from any side in the EPL.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
:lol: When we lose to Everton it's because Koeman's got Wenger's number and knows how to set up against us.

When we beat Everton, that quickly gets forgotten, and we only win because they're shambolic.

Our incisive passing in the first half would have cut any team open. Some of the best passing moves I've seen this year from any side in the EPL.
It had nothing to do with them being a shambles. It was due to me opening the thread. My positivity got through to the players.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I thought Rambo played well & what he was guilty of was not scoring more!
He got into very good forward positions for sure. Not questioning his ability but Xhaka was left on his own on numerous occasions. A better team would have punished us.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I thought he was much more responsible agains Chelsea, and moved up at the right times instead being reckless, as he often is.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The Premier League’s highest spending clubs this summer were Manchester City (£220.5m), Chelsea (£187.5m), Manchester United (£146m) and Everton (£145m). Only five clubs ended up in the black on their transfer dealings: Arsenal . . . .

Don't think Koeman will last long now they're in the bottom 3.

FreakySami

Just saw the tackle on xhaka, it was a foul but hard for the referee to spot if I'm being honest

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
He got into very good forward positions for sure. Not questioning his ability but Xhaka was left on his own on numerous occasions. A better team would have punished us.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I thought he was much more responsible agains Chelsea, and moved up at the right times instead being reckless, as he often is.
`Well, I guess he could afford to be a little more cavalier against Everton. Hope he can mix it up depending on whom we play.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was only a few weeks ago City failed to score against these at the Etihad.

Last edited:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Now that I have watched the first goal again I think it was a foul on Xhaka. Even Everton player who fouled Xhaka stopped for a second. I think Arsenal defence thought the same, and they were caught by surprise.

xhaka has his shortcomings, but he does serve a purpose, but obviously he hasn't been fully settled on the most optimized role in regards to his approach and the setup around him (partner, movement when he has the ball, off-the ball strategy taking into account his lack of pace etc).

actually, today i was worried about us keeping possession and resisting high pressing by everton because we lacked a tall striker upfront, thus reducing option or unpredictability to go long. we responded by utilizing the whole pitch, wide and width. with fullbacks pushing up, lacazette running the channels, and ramsey movement along with Özil dropping deep when required.

we are able to use the whole pitch because of xhaka's passing range. he can and does more often than not switch play with a pitch perfect pass to bellerin/kolasinac or occasionally another forward who has drifted wide. the result is that either the oppostion is caught by surprise and we have an open go at oppostion goal from dangerous positions. or the opponent realizes this danger and sits back, giving us territorial advantage and the control of the game.

but his one-footedness and the lack of burst in short distances lets him down, which is why he needs to focus on honing all aspects of his game. awareness, and plain old 'put it out when in doubt'

Kanonier

Given how crazy the transfer market is in terms of outrageous fees asked by clubs nowadays and the fact that we are no longer a premium destination, wouldn't it make more sense for Arsenal to give £300K a week to both Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez and then reinforce the squad? If we sell them both it seems like we would have to shell out £100M+ to bring in Thomas Lemar and he is not EPL proven and too young for such a pricetag. Instead we could use £100M-£150M + whatever we get from Walcott, Giroud, El Nenny, Debuchy, etc. to buy a solid CB, a quality CM, a proper DM, and a couple of free transfers ala Kolasinac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom