PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Dec 16, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

32.6%
  2. Draw

24.4%
  3. Everton Win

24.4%
  4. OnlyOne is kinda cool lets be honest.

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

It was a poor spectacle and Everton were shocking and undoubtedly there for the taking, but I saw an Arsenal team playing for their shirts with pride today, which made a decent change.

m-due likes this.
  2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

NO.

What's really disgusting about VAR are aweful decisions including giving too many offside calls when we should still consider tough decisions to be onside.

That ****ing handball bullshit that has heated up over a decade now is annoying me big time.
    Never understood why we even changed the rules back in the days when nobody really had a problem except for one game where people have felt treated badly and made it all worse.

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Also how that possible that Everton had zero shots on target? Shows you when you work as team things can improve our players just refusing to do it

MutableEarth likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

Time to get rid. You can't blame emery for Özil behavior

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

In a pretty makeshift backline too. Luiz was a bit clownish at the start but grew into the game, Chambers was solid for most of the game till the last 5-10 mins or so, and AMN and Saka - a midfielder and a winger, respectively - both had very good, solid showings.

6. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I think Emery did the right thing in keeping him out, it was only when he became desperate that he bought him back. I don't think Arteta will stand for his childish behaviour, well done to Freddie for not only talking to Özil about his behaviour but also going public. Too many Özil fans think he's the victim, he's not, he's a player in decline!

7. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

Biggest mystery was why Pepe didn’t get a look in.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

Its important to work as unit in this difficult period hopefully we keep doing so

9. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

No, rather time for unconditional Özil worshippers to start hating Ljungberg.

10. yousif_arsenal

Emery got let down by his own players its became clear our players aren't performing they not working as team unai also had his own fault and his personality weak

11. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

hahahaha

krengon and American_Gooner like this.
  12. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

So glad I took a nap at the beginning of the second half

13. yousif_arsenal

They'll need to stop defend him and look at reality he is not performing at level he was doing few years ago he getting old too

drippin likes this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm not trying to protect Emery, yes he had lots of faults, nearly as many as Özil :)

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  15. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

You still twerking for Emery?

krengon likes this.
  16. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

we need to see him play in one game after a couple of weeks of training under Arteta before writing him off entirely

after seeing Xhaka and Torreira today, both apparently wanting out, there may be some hope of redemption for Özil and others

yorch44 likes this.
  17. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

I honestly think Ljungberg thought it wasnt the right time for a risky dribbler (which Pepe is).
    The game was so tight at the end, a wrong transition could've been dangerous.
    You can say it was too pragmatic, i honestly was glad we didn't risk everything and settled with a point.

18. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Member

Peoe and Laca starting and we would have beaten them.

What have we got to loose by not going all out at this stage?

Freddie way too cautious.

yorch44 likes this.
  19. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

This is the kinda game that would have Emery creaming his pants. A 0-0 draw with no attack whatsoever.

The defense was pretty good actually, especially with who we had in there. However, the attack was abysmal. Every player slowed us down with either bad first touches, poor passing, etc. There wasn’t an ounce of creativity from the midfield onwards. ESR, Auba were invisible, Reiss and Gabriel had a couple flashes, but that was it. We don’t have a single player that can take over a game and control the tempo or attack. We didn’t have a single player willing and able to dribble at a defender and beat him. Pepe can be that guy, but Mikel will have to coach him to be more direct.

berric likes this.
  20. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Özil’s not even good enough. When playing he actually makes the team worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.