• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You get the feeling Partey would have posted something like Davies did, if it wasn't him...everyone on twitter has been calling him a rapist for hours now.

Will be shocked if he isn't the one arrested at this point.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
OK my bad with the previous comment, but seriously club needs to release a statement now if social media is pointing the finger at one of their own players and they are actually innocent

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
They bring someone in for questioning if they dont have much to go on afaik, if they arrest someone its because theyre getting ready to make a charge. Trials like this take forever normally dont they?
Yeah, you’re right. I hadn’t thought of the trial itself, it gets that far.

SpinWiz

New account of rich_1990
Here's a bloody idea for you, Sherlocks. 1. Stop speculating. 2. Wait for due process. You could be tarnishing a completely innocent person.

Reactions: Kav

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Mate he’s not playing again this season and most of next if he’s charged.

No chance he sees trial for ages either. I mean look at Giggs who was arrested years ago and still hasn’t been in court.
If he is charged, I don't want him on an Arsenal kit ever. If he does, that will be it for me.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about that, either way Partey misses the season and there will be speculation online anyway.
The police have a certain amount of time to charge someone or at least release them on bail pending further investigations don’t they? It’s not that long to wait. Releasing it just like this makes it feel like gossip when it’s it’s someone’s life

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Partey raped someone in Marbella surely he’s been extradited to Spain right?

Are British police involved in this?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tf is your problem
My problem is mental midgets like you who have no clue what they're talking about treating something this serious as a football problem or a money problem or a youth problem. It is not. There have been rapists since before football was invented. It's a mental problem and you trying to excuse it away as something exclusive to the young and famous is absolutely stupid.

Johnofcroy

OK my bad with the previous comment, but seriously club needs to release a statement now if social media is pointing the finger at one of their own players and they are actually innocent
I suspect that all PL clubs have been told by the police not to make statements to protect anonymity. If that is broken then we'll get them.

Reactions: A_G

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If he’s exonerates, why would he be unplayable?
These cases aren't usually cleared up quickly, particularly when someone famous is involved, unless there are cast iron irrefutable alibis. In the absence of DNA evidence or proven evidence to the contrary, its long and messy for all involved - because it's often down to credibility and evidence sifting.

I wonder why it was 6 cars of police at 3am? That's normally for some kind of terrorist or drug bust. A filthy rich footballer isn't exactly going to do a runner or pull out a shooter. They could just as easily have 1 bloke in an unmarked car pull up at the training ground and have a quiet word with someone. If they get the right person, I don't really care either way, but the Met seems to love turning up mob handed to arrest or give **** to people who pose no threat, but when someone robs you there's no coppers to be had for love nor money. Entirely separate point, but after they turned up mob handed to take that protestor's speakers and virtually sent a swat team to nick the women holding the vigil for the rape-murder cop's victim, its kind of front of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom