• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
@El Duderino @Garrincha

How long did it take for Neymar to have his name cleared? Don't remember the details there but I think he didn't even get arrested when it happened?
it went fast but due to them, the video & messages... + messages with her husband planning think it was :lol:

she went public with an interview very early... then he told his fans on social that he was charged with rape with a pretty open + profound telling of his side

then all the evidence was found

Johnofcroy

They bring someone in for questioning if they dont have much to go on afaik, if they arrest someone its because theyre getting ready to make a charge. Trials like this take forever normally dont they?
Afraid it's not like that. Most people arrested for an offence are not charged. The proportion of rape allegations proceeding from arrest through to conviction is very small indeed. And rape trials don't take forever when the only issue is consent.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Got a contract until 2025.

Strong chance that even if he’s found not guilty in court you’re looking at a two year plus process.

Put him in the final year of his contract so very strong chance he’s never playing for us again if charged.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If it is an Arsenal player that's done this to another person, then them not playing for us is moot, as there are much more important things here.

Honestly, rape is of the the absolute worst things you can ever do...the victim may never fully recover from it, so it's pretty much like killing someone mentally.

If this is true, then hope the guilty party gets everything they ****ing deserve.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If it is an Arsenal player that's done this to another person, then them not playing for us is moot, as there are much more important things here.

Honestly, rape is of the the absolute worst things you can ever do...the victim may never fully recover from it, so it's pretty much like killing someone mentally.

If this is true, then hope the guilty party gets everything they ****ing deserve.
:eek:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Got a contract until 2025.

Strong chance that even if he’s found not guilty in court you’re looking at a two year plus process.

Put him in the final year of his contract so very strong chance he’s never playing for us again if charged.
Do you need to pay someone their contract in this scenario?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not if they get banged up - the club will have escape clauses. While being investigated/charged/suspended/on trial? Rather more complex. Given the legal presumption of guilt having to be proven, I suspect he gets paid. Not sure what insurance would be applicable, but probably not in that scenario

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not if they get banged up - the club will have escape clauses. While being investigated/charged/suspended/on trial? Rather more complex. Given the legal presumption of guilt having to be proven, I suspect he gets paid. Not sure what insurance would be applicable, but probably not in that scenario
Surely should be entitled to getting the money back if he is subsequently proven guilty? Logically, but maybe not practically... not sure.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No idea.

I think Sunderland kept playing Adam Johnson contract when he was arrested and charged.

They only cancelled his contract when he went to prison but that caused a load of outrage.

Legally they can’t sack him if not convicted but I think he’s going to be suspended until it’s resolved.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Guys seriously if you scroll through that picture he shot in Marbella you can see some shady stuff.

A picture of the fvcking Joker and then that last tik tok clip saying everyone can make mistakes.

The fk is this

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
You jsut love using rape as an analogy, innit?

I'm more a Frankie Boyle, Jim Norton, Doug Stanhope, Ricky Gervais, Patrice O'Neil, Taylor Tomlinson, Nikki Glasser, Natasha Leggero , Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Anthony Jeselnick, Jimmy Carr, Amy Schumer, Dave Attell and Jim Norton fan.

Others i guess prefer Michael McIntyre, Lee Evans and think Mrs Brown's Boys is actually funny.

mpower2540

It's actually made me anxious reading about this as it's gradually dawned on me it's very likely going to be Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom