• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham v Arsenal | Saturday, September 12 | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,797
  • Views 115,474

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Might be an ideal time to throw Saliba or Gabriel in, coming up against a c*nt like Mitrovic in your first ever game will get you set for the PL.

One of the dirtiest players around.

I reckon it will be a back three, Gabriel-Luiz-Tierney...though if Hector does leave, maybe Saliba will get a start.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I reckon it will be a back three, Gabriel-Luiz-Tierney...though if Hector does leave, maybe Saliba will get a start.

Three left-footed players in defense doesn't sound like anything Arteta would play. More than likely Tierney is moving into the left wing-back role and Saliba will slot in, so.

Saliba-Luiz-Gabriel

and when Saliba's left out or we're rotating

Mustafi-Luiz-Gabriel

Gabriel may play a lot, because Mari needs to get back to fitness for back-up.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't like playing promoted teams in their first game when they haven't had the stuffing knocked out of them yet. But hell, we'll have to do the stuff-knocking ourselves!

Arteta has been a revelation in how he has got the team to play against the bigger teams but the test of how high we finish in the league will be in how many points we can get from the games against teams we should always (on paper) beat.

I'm encouraged by our recent form and think we'll get off on a flier. Assuming we don't sell Auba before the game.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Might be an ideal time to throw Saliba or Gabriel in, coming up against a c*nt like Mitrovic in your first ever game will get you set for the PL.

One of the dirtiest players around.

3XB.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How is Willian going to work here if we play Auba on the left and we dont play with a creative midfielder in a back 4? I dont get it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

How is Willian going to work here if we play Auba on the left and we dont play with a creative midfielder in a back 4? I dont get it.

Think he’ll play CAM if we go to a back for an take up Ozils position. Arteta started with that shape when he first arrived.

That being said it’s possible we stay 3 at the back for the first few games.

Riou

Our 07/08 curtain-raiser was against Fulham, and we won.

Speaking of Fulham and 07/08, hers's a comp of Hleb from our 3-0 win away later in that season...annoyingly lack of end product aside, Alex was a quality player...

...PS...according to Rosicky himself, the shot he has at around 5:27 is what he said eventually led to his 18 month injury (and him becoming very injury prone) the clash of legs he had with the Fulham player there, is when he started feeling pain apparently.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If we're going to play 3-atb against teams like Fulham this is going to be a long season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Speaking of Fulham and 07/08, hers's a comp of Hleb from our 3-0 win away later in that season...annoyingly lack of end product aside, Alex was a quality player...

...PS...according to Rosicky himself, the shot he has at around 5:27 is what he said eventually led to his 18 month injury (and him becoming very injury prone) the clash of legs he had with the Fulham player there, is when he started feeling pain apparently.
Prime Adebayor was so good.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was amazing. Shame he never quite hit the heights he could of.

I remember having to fend off the abuse he got on these forums for years on here.

He was but he did love to stay offside for large portions of the game :lol:

Riou

From our Double winning 01/02 season...

...the kit sponsors, Sega/Dreamcast and Pizza Hut, now that's a childhood right there :drool:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
-------------Leno/Martienz

------------Saliba-Luiz-KT------

Bellerin--Ceballos--Xhaka---AMN

----Pepe---------Laca---------Auba

Is what I think Arteta will go with. I'd like to see Gabriel at LCB though with AMN and KT as wing backs.

We should really be winning this game, Willian and Saka off the bench if the game needs changing.

3-1 Arsenal. Auba brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom