• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham v Arsenal | Saturday, September 12 | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,797
  • Views 115,434

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I think it is very harsh to describe Nasri as average for most of his Arsenal-career.
Considering our expectations not him when we signed him £12m at the time was big money. He really didn't deliver. He had the 3 month period where he was excellent but that's the only thing or note. He didn't score many goals, barely had any assists. He was a good technical footballer, rarely have the ball away. Whenever he would get in to advanced positions or a 1-1 situation he would always pass backwards. Always seemed he was playing within himself.

That Porto goal was what I was expecting from him when he signed a dynamic technical dribbler/playmaker. However it was the exception rather than the rule.

He was never world class. Just a good Wenger player in the end. We got a great deal for him from man city. It helped us to fund the legend that is Arteta!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
you havent seen him play then.

He was not called little Zizou for nothing

There were lots of players called the next maradona or the next Pele, now the next Messi. Didn't amount to much in the end.

Clearly when we signed him there was huge expectations, but let's be honest only thing he had in common with Zidane was the fact that he is french Algerian.

Imagine if we signed ribery instead of nasri.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There were lots of players called the next maradona or the next Pele, now the next Messi. Didn't amount to much in the end.

Clearly when we signed him there was huge expectations, but let's be honest only thing he had in common with Zidane was the fact that he is french Algerian.

Imagine if we signed ribery instead of nasri.
Not many were compared to Zidane. Gourcuff, Nasri, Greizeman (recently)...

Ribery was very injury prone until he went to Bayern. If we bought him, he would have broken down in his first season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Considering our expectations not him when we signed him £12m at the time was big money. He really didn't deliver. He had the 3 month period where he was excellent but that's the only thing or note. He didn't score many goals, barely had any assists. He was a good technical footballer, rarely have the ball away. Whenever he would get in to advanced positions or a 1-1 situation he would always pass backwards. Always seemed he was playing within himself.

That Porto goal was what I was expecting from him when he signed a dynamic technical dribbler/playmaker. However it was the exception rather than the rule.

He was never world class. Just a good Wenger player in the end. We got a great deal for him from man city. It helped us to fund the legend that is Arteta!
WTF are you on about? Nasri was ****ing just slightly off the world class bracket here, just like Hleb. ****ing amazing mind blowing players. Was always ****ing amazing in every games he played.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
WTF are you on about? Nasri was ****ing just slightly off the world class bracket here, just like Hleb. ****ing amazing mind blowing players. Was always ****ing amazing in every games he played.

Did you have the old user name Nasri8 or something...the obsessive, emotional defence and love for everything nasri really reminds me of that user.

And Ribry not being technical enough...:facepalm:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ribery not technical enough - enough AM for today..
All Ribery does was simple moves/slightly change direction when dribbling. His technical ability is nothing compare to Hleb/Nasri/Van Persie/Ronaldinho/the young (Man Utd) C.Ronaldo.

(the later (R.Madrid) C.Ronaldo has lost the technical side of his game). (Van Persie also start to lose a bit of his technical ability in his final year with us).

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I was gutted about Ribery btw. Had my little heart set on him being our new Pires.

Great footballer.

Always found it strange he bounced around mid table French clubs before moving to Galatasaray, despite his obvious ability.

I suppose he took his game to another level after signing for Marseille. Terrific player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom