<

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by gooner, Sep 9, 2004.

1. the dawn raids

the dawn raids New Member Trusted

4-1

Fulhams defense was appalling against Portsmouth; I dont see them being able to do much better against us.

2. Since95Bergkamp

Since95Bergkamp New Member

I really don't think there is a chance that Mr.Wenger does not let play his big pearl... :?

But my words Loyan!!!

Bergy and Reyes together, I think that's not bad against Fulham, because we need the great ideas from Dennis against the good defense with Goma, Knight, Green and Pearce.
    What I'd like to see too, Bergy, Henry and Reyes, in a 4-4-2 Off.-System:

------------------------Jens -----------------------

Lauren--Cygan/Hoyte--Toure/Senderos--Cole

Freddie---------------Viera---------V.Persie/Pires

-----------------------Bergy------------------------

-------------Henry---------------Reyes------------

What do you gunners think? Isn't an idea to change the system? To play with all our pearls?! ... :shock:

3. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

:?: :?

Anyway, believe it or not, I'd forgotten about the CL game, with that in mind, is Paddy likely to play the full game tomorrow or our injured Thierry?

I'd like to see Paddy start with Cesc in midfield, Pennant right, Rob left, Dennis and Jose up front. Can't see Hoyte starting, maybe Clichy might get a look in tomorrow?

4. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

I think that is what we've actually been playing when AW throuws Reyes on the left as he moves so much that he'll be in the strikers berth a lot of the time. But the thing is Pires playing does make the team too attack orientated, so we might lose our defensive stability we have, and become more sucseptible to counter attacks.

5. Since95Bergkamp

That's true. But I don't like Reyes on the left, Pires is the man on the left.
    I'd like to see Henry and Reyes together in the strikers berth, and Bergy a little behind them. This Triangle I'd like to see. I also think with Vieira in front of the defence and with Campbell back we are strong enough in the defence... but that's my opinion. :mrgreen:

6. chris66

chris66 New Member

Did you ever think you'd see the day when a player would be first choice for Brazil on Wednesday (Edu) and unable to get a game for Arsenal on Saturday!!

These are crazy times!

7. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

We're very strong in central midfield. Didn't Gilberto play for Brazil during the week?

8. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Yeah I think Gilberto and Edu partnered each other in midfield.

9. Evil Dragon

Evil Dragon New Member

3 - 0

With Vieira scoring the third

10. Since95Bergkamp

Fulham 0 Arsenal 4

8. Cesc

51. Bergy

53. Bergy

56. Bergy

;D

- - -
    We'll miss you Dennis! Stay forever
    We want to see you Cesc!

11. ozgooner

ozgooner New Member

:bounce my guess gunners 2 nil henry double :bounce

12. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

You really love these two players don't you.

13. champions04

champions04 New Member

Reyes is on the bench as well as Cesc.

Vieira and Bergie start

14. champions04

champions04 New Member

oh and Henry starts too

15. orion

orion New Member Elite

Well we've had some tight games against Fulham in the past and we've sometimes struggled a bit after international duties so I do think this will definitelly prove to be the trickiest of our games so far. Fulham have ability going forward, so we need to keep a very compact composure and be tight at the back. But they do have some gaps in defence and hopefully we'll be able to exploit that and continue our fine run.
    All eyes will be on Viera for this one for sure. Hopefully he'll be able to brush off the extra pressure and just respond with a solid performance. It will also be interesting to see how our midfield is affected if Fabregas doesn't play as he's simply the best passer we have in the centre. Question is who will start upfront and who will be on the wings, but I hope Henry to prove the lethal touch, whether starting or coming from the bench.

Good Luck Gunners!!!

16. Henry's Girl

Henry's Girl New Member

Lehmann
    Lauren
    Cygan
    Cole
    Toure
    Gilberto
    Pires
    Vieira
    Ljungberg
    Bergkamp
    Henry

bench
    Almunia
    Clichy
    Fabregas
    Pennant
    Reyes

17. GoonerGurjit

Fulham
    van der Sar , Volz , Bocanegra , Legwinski , Knight , Pembridge , Cole , Boa Morte , John , Pearce , Diop
    Subs: Crossley , McKinlay , McBride , Radzinski , Goma

Ref: M Halsey (Lancashire)

18. GoonerGurjit

Surprising to see that Edu's not even on the bench for us. John, Boa Morte and Cole is one helluva pacey attack....and they've got Radzinski on the bench! At least Malbranque isn't playing.

19. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

the gaps at the back for fulham have been exaggerated. they'v kept 7 clean sheets in their last 13 games.

20. fee_fi_fo_Gunners

fee_fi_fo_Gunners New Member

if we can win this game, we will lead by 2pts... Chelsea can only draw with the Villain... Vassell had a very good chance but he missed it. Chelsea however should have been gotten a penalty... Refree give Drogba yellow card instead... Chelsea has more shot to the goal but Villa has a lot more possession about 75% for Villa i think... Chelsea's midfielders were often lost the ball when Villa's players pressed them... If Chelsea plays like that against us... i think we will grill em... ;D sorry ot