• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

Sonic Youth

we need fabregas instead of vieira. ljungberg should go off for reyes.
pires then has to move to right wing and reyes to the left wing.
that would surprise fulham in the second half.

ozgooner

goal dissallowed due to toure being pushed, fulham's penalty wasnt a penalty and henry was hacked down in a crude attempt at a tackle..

n_henry

algunner said:
What's going on? why did he dissalow the goal?

Apparently Halsey called John (the would-be scorer) for a push...

We better come out with all guns blazing in the second. :?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My oh my what a half.

Well, we had something like 5 chances in the opening 15 minutes. Ljungberg has been missing sitters - he's looking sharp, making some very very good runs into the box without anyone picking him up, but he's just not been finishing the moves off.

Pires has been poor by his standards. I dont think i remember the last time a right back was doing so well up against bobby. Volz has been man of the match so far for me, absoloutly phenomenal stuff tbh. Right now it does not look like pires can get past him, he looks too strong for him and pires seems a little annoyed with his performance so far.

Vieira has been nothing but amazing. As usual, fighting for every ball. Gilberto is having one of his better games too, a little quiet, but a decent game so far.

Bergkamp has made one or two very good through balls, to ljungburg in particular. He's been a little quiet, playing very deep, but he can do better than this - same goes to thierry, he hasnt been quiet, but he hasnt done anything special yet either.

Toure and Cygan have been rock solid so far. Lauren has slipped a few times, which has often let andy cole have a run or a shot at goal.

After a really good start we took our foot off the pedal to be honest. The players were half asleep and were just passing the ball around, not finding away past the fulham defence. I felt we needed a kick up the arse and boy oh boy did we get one !

Andrew Cole was taken down by ashley cole, to be honest it was a couple of cm outside the penalty area - anyway, the referee pointed to the spot and fulham were awarded a penalty.

Ashley cole was furious - he and 4 or 5 others surrounder Mark Halsey and protested, before Mark ran up to the linesman to ask him about the incident. Moments later, Mark takes the ball off the penalty spot, and decides its now a free kick to arsenal !! :shock: :shock: :shock:

For obvious reasons, the crowd went MAD !!! Every arsenal player was booed as loud as sol was booed when he returned to ****e hart lane in an arsenal shirt. Cole, in particular, got a hell of alot of stick.

It was just then i could sense that we were going to have a player fall down in the fulham penalty box - and surprise surprise - down went henry after a moritz volz challenge. It was so obvious it was a bloody penalty. One of the worst tackles i've ever seen in my life, volz was nowhere near getting the ball !!! Henry screamed in pain and looks like he MAY not make the second half - as he was limping and never really walked it off. Halsey was never going to give the penalty, no matter how bad the challenge was - the crowd would have probarly literally killed him if he did.

So far, its been a relatively quiet game, we'v had a few chances but ljungberg has been missing them so far.

Cummon you gunners !!!

lee1001

Established Member
Its amazing how fickle fans in general are.

They boo our players for doing nothing wrong, and im sure you'll hear hundreds of fans phoning in complaining about the ref tonight.

But as soon as Henry is taken down with a clear penalty the Fulham fans will conveniently forget.

And if Arsenal go on and win i can hear Adrian Durham *****ing on talkshite now!!

Oh and btw.

"The site database is unavailable" on matchday chat.

huyha123

Vieira has to out for Cesc. Reyes for L. the team is BIGGER than player. and we need result today. this is where champion or not.

ethanen

huyha123 said:
Vieira has to out for Cesc. Reyes for L. the team is BIGGER than player. and we need result today. this is where champion or not.
are you seeing the game or are you assuming?
according to JR2004's nice report Vieira is playing well.

lee1001

Established Member
huyha123 said:

Disagree, we need Vieira's experience in this game. However Reyes im sure will be on soon.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom