• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | October 7th | KO: 12:00pm BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I have to say the ref was good today although Laca and Lucas both took heavy stamps on the ankle that wasn't seen or carded. I'm also pleased for the much criticised Xhaka starting as captain in our best performance in quite a while. This result and performance has made my weekend so I hope there's no injuries during the international break.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Dear lord...

Haters be damned, this was the most complete performance from us this season!

We were solid in the first half despite Fulham really bringing it to us. Credit where credit is due, that Shürrle goal was quite a beauty. Too bad it resulted from a very silly mistake from Monreal. Could have been avoided.

That third goal was magnificent. Wenger would have been proud of it, typical Arsenal team goal which is what made me fall for the club. I don't think my jaw came back from its trip to the floor yet.
Goal of the season for me, but that being said all 6 goals scored in this game were great.

Bellerin had a tough first half, then clicked in the second. When tuned in, he is one of the best fullbacks in the game. I want more of that.
Iwobi ran circles around the Fulham defense. This is even more impressive when you realize he was playing an away european game a few days ago.
Same can be said about Holding. He has barely put a foot wrong since he was given the ball.
Guendouzi was electric upon coming on, feels like sky is the limit for him.
"Sky is the limit" also applies for Torreira. I swear his lungs don't work the same as ours.
That wraps up the young guard (notice, there are 5 of them who played today. 2 being Hale End products).

Now to our senior players:
- Laca, man of the match easily. Not just for his two goals, but for the way he gets involved in the pressing, defending. I swear I saw him track back to the edge of our own box at some point. Phenomenal, full of confidence, everything he touches turns into a goal or assist.
- Mkhi, quiet but such an important performance from him. Without getting an assist or goal today, he was very often the creative spark that shot us into a scoring chance.
- Mustafi was quite solid. I'm liking what I see from him. Long may it continue.
- Monreal had an assist, but also made a mistake, gifting the ball back to Fulham for their equalizer. His overall game though I would say would be 7/10.
- Xhaka, was really really good today. Shielded the defense really well and transitionned us from defense to offense perfectly. His partnership with Torreira seems to be blossoming and this is amazing. I was hoping to see him turn that corner.
-Leno had a great performance. Nothing he could have done on the equalizer, but he made some very important saves for us early on, and was instrumental in our building from back. Encouraging.
- Rambo. On any other day, his performance was MOTM worthy. Too bad Laca put the perfornance he did on the same day.
- Same can be said about Auba. 2 goals, 1 assist in one day. Enough said, on his day, he's better than most strikers out there.

- Unai Emery: the passion, the gameplan, the substitutions. Pretty sure everyone not an Arsenal fan went "typical" when Fulham equalized. Whatever was said in that dressing room, added to the subs, it was a masterclass.

True, Fulham ain't City. But for the love of all that is holly, remember our away record last year to teams like Brighton. We are levels above what we were and I'm ecstatic.

Will rewatch this game in full.

I think the turning point was the second goal. That level of elite striking ability suddenly lifts the team. After his operation and long layoff last season, its now becoming clear what Lacazette really can do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Somebody is a bit... triggered
tenor.gif
:lol: Probably PTSD. But I’m learning to cope without Wenger slowly, not so many sleepless nights.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've strangely been finding myself agreeing a lot with DT this season. I feel with Wenger gone he has been able to drop an agenda he has had and been able to analyse our performances much better.
Watching him without saliva spitting everywhere isn’t natural, like a dog with a dry nose.

Fallout

the formation worked really, really well. our strikers looked 10x better having a partner nearby, especially auba. but ... where does that leave Özil?

torreira was massive and he's become first name on the team sheet for me -- he's essential to making our team function. but ... i'm concerned about his health. he's picking up a lot of small knocks, maybe 2-3 per game. imo it's not sustainable and should be a source of concern.

leno in net also seems to be critical in terms of distribution. i feel bad for cech after his amazing start to the season but we were much more fluid today in the buildup phase.

finally, i think welbeck's been having a fantastic season thusfar and i've u-turned on him ... i want him to extent the contract. ramsey i'm still ambivalent on. he scored a great goal and had a good game in general, but he's still not worth 200k+. i believe 125k is his true value to us.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great team play today. We have to stop messing around with the ball at the back. Love the coaching, not waiting for the magical Wenger 70th minute, but injecting the energy right when needed. Also love the fact that he’s on the touch line shouting out instructions instead of expecting things to happen magically. Just love to see the team compete with their tails up. The belief in the team is palpable.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Can i watch somewhere all goals with live Commentary from BT sport, when i'm not living in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom