• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Liverpool only got 1 past them at Huddersfield, Sp**s 2, Everton 1, C Palace 1, West Ham 1. They’re tough to score against.

Only glass half full posters are expecting to bag a hatful here.

Out of those games, all but the Everton game were early stages of the season. They are in a very different position now. Manager has changed, they don't have much hope for staying up and injuries/fatigue are/is racking up. Obviously they have the ability to make things difficult but I'd suspect the morale isn't that high right now. City and Southampton have recently scored three at HUD and even Burnley managed to score two. But I agree that a total thrashing is unlikely. An early goal for us and we might see a comfortable 1-3 or 0-2, although given our defensive record the latter seems unlikely

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm surprised at the votes. This is modern Arsenal FFS where no game is ever easy and opposition without fail has their game of the season against us, no matter the predicament they're in.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If they deploy similar tactics as our home game, it will be uber-difficult to score at their home ground.

If we don't win this, then it's goodbye Top 4.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Pleguezuelo and Saka practicing with the first team. Some lovely finishing at the end.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Had my trim today and I'm looking like Denis Suarez now, can see him starting tomorrow and bagging a couple goals.

HBL

Established Member
No Xhaka or Aubameyang in the video, I'm guessing they aren't available? The videos are usually a fairly good indication. So I'm hoping it will be:

Lacazette
Iwobi - Özil - Suarez/Mkhi
Guendouzi - Torreira
Kolasinac - Kosc - Mavropanos - AMN
Leno
Mustafi probably starts though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope we can give Saka or Amaechi some gametime at the end.
They won't travel, I'm certain of it. Youth Cup game is tomorrow at 1pm. They'll both be starting that game most likely, and given that 2 of the strongest teams (Chelsea and Man U) have been knocked out, Arsenal will feel they can win it this year. They're facing West Brom though, who have an extremely talented winger called Morgan Rogers, and won't be an easy team. Morgan Rogers is a name to look out for in the future.

But yeah, Saka and Amaechi will start that game most likely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Without auba we'll heavily depend on laca to score. Let's see if Özil does start will be good opportunity to play 4231

Bergkamp1988

I'd like to see Suarez in action against a weak side. Could be the chance to make him build up some confidence. It'd be good to see Özil start as well for the same reasons. I'd like to see Iwobi play for Huddersfield, so he can hesitate around our box, slow down their attack, make a crap pass / panic and allow us to punish them on the counter.

lacazette

Surarez Özil Mkhi

Xhaka Guendouzi

(rest Torreira and Auba, make them come in second half to finish the job)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Comments along the lines of “We need to use this game to boost our goal difference” make me cringe. That’s not how the Premiership works. If our players go into the game with even 5% of that attitude we are in serious trouble :lol:

Mind you if,we fail to win by at least seven clear goals today then our wooden toothed manager should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Commemts along the lines of “We need to use this game to boost our goal difference” make me cringe. That’s not how the Premiership works. If our players go into the game with even 5% of that attitude we are in serious trouble :lol:

Mind you if,we fail to win by at least seven clear goals today then our wooden toothed manager should be hung, drawn and quartered.

The infamous Crystanbul game should be a lesson to everyone with that type of attitude, Liverpool players grabbing the ball when they were 3-0 up really angered and spurred on the Palace lads. Though I suppose for Liverpool at that stage they'd no choice but to just go all out.

But for us, we're still in early February, the W is the most important thing here. A 1-0 win in a similar fashion to the first game against them or a 5-4 goalfest or a 9-0 slaughtering, who cares just get the win. Maybe by the end of April/start of May we can maybe look toward improving the goal difference if it's still really really tight. Ours is still better than United's while Chelsea will probably lose to City so it'll decrease theirs a bit and assuming we win then ours will increase even if it's only by one. Still a long way to go in that regard. Neither Chelsea or United will be flawless for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom