• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL I Arsenal v Crystal Palace I 20/1/18 I 3pm GMT

Who will be our next shirt sponsor?

• Umbro

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • We won't attract one

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Asda's own

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Özil and Wilshere incredible, Iwobi has a good game but still managed to frustrate me countless times. Wonder how we’ll line up if we get Mkhi and Auba, Bellerin poor again today and AMN was all over the place. Think we’ll see a similar formation maybe Özil dropping slightly deeper. But then we’d have to play Auba out wide which I’m not a fan of at all

c00lguy

We did fine but first half was easy because Palace were asleep. We had loads of space.
We weren't good enough in the second half. Reverted to sloppy passing. It all coincided with the changes which were made.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil and Wilshere incredible, Iwobi has a good game but still managed to frustrate me countless times. Wonder how we’ll line up if we get Mkhi and Auba, Bellerin poor again today and AMN was all over the place. Think we’ll see a similar formation maybe Özil dropping slightly deeper. But then we’d have to play Auba out wide which I’m not a fan of at all
AMN did a reasonable fill-in job while Monreal and Kola we're injured.

But the first half Monreal showed what we've been missing. Really hope he's not too badly injured.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We did fine but first half was easy because Palace were asleep. We had loads of space.
We weren't good enough in the second half. Reverted to sloppy passing. It all coincided with the changes which were made.
2nd half Palace pressed us higher, denied Xhaka and Elneny time on the ball and our game went to sh**. Both of them are such limited footballers with zero mobility you press them just a little bit and they'd start panicking.

LG10

Average performance by Xhaka. Any somewhat competent team would have a field day against our midfield today.

This free roaming role won’t work at all. When he picked up the ball in the final third he was way too sluggish to turn and pick a pass or shot. Then on counterattacks, he’s way too slow to get back in position and defend.

Wenger either has to teach Xhaka how to play the dm role (which he isn’t capable of doing) or sell and sign someone.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
So Palace beat Burnley and Southampton, miss an injury time penalty which stops them ending Citeh's unbeaten run and then suddenly they turn up at the Emirates and become less that somewhat competent. The mysteries of modern science.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So Palace beat Burnley and Southampton, miss an injury time penalty which stops them ending Citeh's unbeaten run and then suddenly they turn up at the Emirates and become less that somewhat competent. The mysteries of modern science.
Noticed some posts saying how useless Palace are during the match. All part of the narrative.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The upshot is if we lose we are crap, if we win the other team is crap. Sometimes the facts don't fit the narrative, at that point it is better to stop digging because out of those two the one immovable is facts.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
AMN did a reasonable fill-in job while Monreal and Kola we're injured.

But the first half Monreal showed what we've been missing. Really hope he's not too badly injured.

It doesn't seem to be too serious, might even be available vs Chelsea if we are lucky.

DennisTheLegend

I’d like us to play 4-4-2 Diamond whilst defending with a 3-4-3 when attacking - But will require us to buy a proper DMC, Maybe someone like Seri. Then you play Jack and Miki with Özil in the whole and Laca and PEA up top. When attcking the DMC has to basically be our Third CB....this could be very potent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it's important we keep this formation specially after adding Mkhi and Auba 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-1-2-3.
Xhaka
Mkhi Wilshere/Ramsey
Özil Laca
Auba

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I championed AMN and Nelson getting starts but I thought they didn't perform well today when they came on. Need to play better when Wenger finally gives them proper shots as they inadvertantly justify Wenger's reluctance to play them and in their correct positions.

HBL

Established Member
Auba-Laca
Mkhi-Wilshere-Ramsey/AMN-Özil
Kola/Nacho-Kosc-Mustafi-Bellerin
Cech

Is probably what I’d go with, I think the reality is our midfield is going to be exposed no matter who plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom