• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL I Arsenal v West Brom I Boxing Day I 3pm GMT

Result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you depend on the STAT's people to tell you what to believe then good luck..

Before this Stat thing came to the forefront, we used to watch games and made our own conclusions according to what we saw. But now we can stink a game out, everyone will be complaining and seeing the same thing in the live match threads, but the moment the game ends people run to these Stats sites and all of a sudden change their minds / opinion based on what stats they have looked at. lol
But who says your conclusions are correct?:lol:

Stats have a place in the game when combined with knowledge and experience. Numbers never lie.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If you depend on the STAT's people to tell you what to believe then good luck..

Before this Stat thing came to the forefront, we used to watch games and made our own conclusions according to what we saw. But now we can stink a game out, everyone will be complaining and seeing the same thing in the live match threads, but the moment the game ends people run to these Stats sites and all of a sudden change their minds / opinion based on what stats they have looked at. lol

Dude, chill out. Stats are simple and verifiable facts. As I said, you may watch a game and just remember a couple of specific actions and that may or may not affect your judgement. Stats allow a better understanding of the a player's performance. It is what it is, if you don't want to look at them and rely on your own judgement, more power to you. As far as I am concerned, as well as most observers and analysts, they are pretty useful and data based info.
Personally, I did not think Özil had a bad game, never posted anything in that regard, unlike others. I felt he improved markedly the second half and again, the stats did not prove me wrong either.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
No point in looking at individual stats in this game, we were absolutely dominant throughout the team except for shots on target in the first half.

Look at this for instance:

Laurent Koscielny's game by numbers vs. West Brom: 100% tackles won 90% pass accuracy 5 interceptions 5 clearances

Indeed. The stats came handy though to disprove a narrative from some through this thread that Özil was terrible or lazy and whathaveyou.....Same overblown tripe.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Lol.. There it is... I knew it was coming, you watch a match where everyone agrees that such and such player was okay, but 2 minutes later people run to STATS websites to try to convince you your own eyes were wrong. lol

Can't help what people see in a match, majority only see what they want to see (subjectivity), and if they're idiots, well then their conclusions are usually idiotic. Stats don't lie, you may misinterpret them, but they do not lie.

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The Everton and City games were thrown away. We dropped off physically and mentally without reason. We can handle a press with the right players giving the right level of commitment.
Without reason? We played away at Basel and then Stoke, Everton and city in a span of 12 days with our most influential duo playing every match.

Ha, that was weird, was watching on a broken stream (in Russian), ok for most of the match, but occasionally stuttered, dropped the commentary, and replayed the previous 30-45 seconds.

It completely missed out the goal, I didn't pay any attention to the score in the corner, and had no idea we were winning.

Apollian

Giroud has deserved to start, and offered something new, but that new, and this system does't suit Arsenal. but I also thought the pressing was much better in the 2nd half, and the back four was protected.
Wenger also seems like his dealt with the Everton goals on set pieces by asking Cech to come off his line and negate the threat.
also Subs was effective, but if we want to get back to the form that averaged 3 goals per game, we have to start Sanchez as a striker, and play Perez on the right in place of Walcott. while we got the 3 points today, we looked far off the pace, and if we kept this line-up, we will only fall further behind the chasing pack.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I just watched the 2nd half again

Couple of thoughts
- We were generally very impressive in the second half, created plenty of chances. I still feel like this team is a high quality attacker away from truly blowing teams away, even teams like WBA who come to park a double decker.

Too many times Alexis carries our attack, can you just imagine another player who is even remotely close to Alexis' ability being able to share that attacking burden? We have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo, Iwobi, Lucas, Welbeck all as wide options in the 1st team yet none of them posses the ability (Iwobi might do in time and it's too early to be definitive on Lucas) to take our attack to the next level. Those players combined are probably on 400-500K in wages yet the comparative output is not good enough for a team with title aspirations. I would sell two of that lot and upgrade to a bona fide A grader.

- Xhaka was everywhere, great positioning, passing incisive as usual - top game from him.

- Ramsey was also fantastic when he came on. His passing was sharp and quick, did not dwell on the ball like he tends to, and most importantly he was very disciplined and timed his runs into the box very well.

- Everytime I watch the Giroud goal it gets better - fantastic header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom