<

PL I Arsenal v West Brom I Boxing Day I 3pm GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Hunta, Dec 19, 2016.

?

Result

1. Arsenal bottle job

29.7%
  2. West Brom win through Arsenal bottle job

8.1%
  3. Pulis hattrick

62.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Such a meaningless stat, twenty games is way too small a sample to draw any conclusions.

Not to mention Gabriel has done decent and it's not like Mustafi would have won us the game at City.

2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

No stats are meaningless, only the conclusions people draw from them :lol:

carlito'sway likes this.
  3. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

It's Mustafi's passing ability from the back that we've missed. That has a huge knock on effect for the rest of the team.

4. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

And you conveniently let others draw the conclusions for you after you present it to them on a silver platter.

Makingtrax likes this.
  5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

• Santi Cazorla's injury derailed Arsenal's title challenge last season
    • The Gunners win over 60 per cent of games in which the Spaniard plays
    • But Arsenal's win rate goes down to under 45 per cent without him
    • Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mohamed Elneny could replace him
    • But Arsène Wenger must find a solution that works to save their season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rtant-player-Arsène-Wenger-solution-fast.html

6. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

We have the ability and stones to go on a run again. I expect a win here (not the usual draw after losses), and wins in our next 5 matches thereafter.

Our next troubled times are only due early February.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Makingtrax likes this.
  7. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Completely agree with you Zig and said exactly this in Mustafi' thread . Then there's the high defensive line he keeps ensuring our press doesn't have holes . No coincidence we look ****e at pressing and playing out of defence .

Makingtrax likes this.
  8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Merry Christmas fellow AM'ers. Enjoy and be safe! xx

9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

We hit absolute rock bottom against City. There's only one direction left to move in. 100% Arsenal win.

10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Banker home win, we're about to go on a nice 7 game winning run, it's easy to read this Arsenal team.

Would love to see Ramsey and Perez start. Ramsey and Xhaka needs to be the central pairing going forward, I'm more convinced of that now then ever. Elneny is okay, fantastic energy but doesn't excel in any particular area. He'll be departing for the AFCON soon too.

Coquelin is a good player, but he finds himself in positions where a more offensively influential player (Ramsey) would do more damage. Perez has contributed pretty much every time he's played, bar S'ton at home in the League Cup where nobody did anything. I'd go for;

Cech
    Bellerin Kos Gab Nacho
    Xhaka Ramsey
    Walcott Özil Perez
    Alexis​

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Holding, Coquelin, Elneny, Iwobi, Giroud.

There's enough quality in our central three (Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil) to control any football match. Xhaka is still getting acclimated and Ramsey's been too stop-start with injuries. Walcott, Perez and Alexis are all legit goal threats. They can all interchange and have a go through the middle too. A bit like Klopp has been doing with Mane, Firmino and Origi.

More than 3 points I want to see a good performance, a comfortable, confident, vintage 'Arsenal' home display. It won't undo the damage last week did, but it'll improve our spirits heading into a crucial part of the season.

COYG!!

Jackie_Treehorn and Tir Na Nog like this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Don't think Ramsey will be ready for this one sadly.

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He's naturally a fit boy with great stamina. I'd stick him in and maybe replace him with Coq/Elneny around the 65th min. I really want him to get his first goal of the season too, he has a couple of assists.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  13. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

I thought I was ready for this, but I read the thread and now I'm just mad again.

Anyways, hopefully we can win and everyone else loses. It won't be so bad then.

14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Think we missed his leadership just as much. Love Koscielny but he's hardly vocal- we needed somebody to get a hand on the tiller once the tide started to turn against City. Shouldn't be Özil/Sanchez trying to get the team to push up.

celestis likes this.
  15. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

I hope people realize how important Cazorla is for our team. I would dare to say for clicking with the team he is our most important player in the current system. It's just bad management that we are not capable of finding the right solution.

carlito'sway and Makingtrax like this.
  16. ScotVieira

ScotVieira Well-Known Member

If we don't win this, it will be that mad successful run for 4th position again.

SuperGoon likes this.
  17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Matchday!

[​IMG]

SuperGoon and Jackie_Treehorn like this.
  18. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Finally. Feels like I've waited for ages.

19. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Pulis to park the bus, 0-0.

20. MATHEO

MATHEO Active Member

Even my grandmother who never watches football knows that Tony Penis will park the bus, START GIROUD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.