• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leeds United v Arsenal | November 22 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Did we at any point in the game show signs that we could win the match while Pepe was on the field?

As I said, it's no indication of what may happen in the second half. We've had many games with very differing halves, including Leeds last year.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Did we at any point in the game show signs that we could win the match while Pepe was on the field?
In the first couple of minutes of the 2nd half right before Pepe was sent off, Nelson was showing some promising signs.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
In the first couple of minutes of the 2nd half right before Pepe was sent off, Nelson was showing some promising signs.
yeah...even pepe was coming central and pushing up... Had we started with Auba-Pepe-Nelson ... we might have done much better.

ArtetaOut

Lego Boy is really lucky he had Pepe's stupid red as an excuse to fall back on for this match. The truth is we were absolutely dreadful even before that and got completely battered by Leeds and pinned back on our own half 90% of the time before he got sent off. Also Bamford and Ayling were absolutely wasteful with their chances and Rodrigo hit the post like 3 times the whole match.

People need to realize that a prolonged Cone Boy tenure equates to a further exacerbation of our decline like what is happening at United right now with Ole. We're just ****ed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Some actually think risking it happening twice in one game is a good idea :facepalm:. Pepe's a ***** for falling for it, and while I love Kieran's mentality, Xhaka's right there. Nothing to be gained, just walk away.

You realise that Tierney just went to have a word with Alioski and tell him he was a prick and made the most of a situation. Xhaka putting his arm around him literally had Tierney confused. Even when Tierney was walking away, he wasn't going back for Alioski, he was going back for Xhaka. No doubt it continued into the changing room with Tierney probably saying ti Xhaka wtf are you doing.

Tierney was 100% spot on in this situation. Xhaka is a bottle, always has been. A mentally weak player that is weed on this squad.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At the current rate Arsenal would end up scoring 38 goals in the league this season, which for context is how many Newcastle scored last year. This season could be yikes.

kash2

At the current rate Arsenal would end up scoring 38 goals in the league this season, which for context is how many Newcastle scored last year. This season could be yikes.
we have our secret weapon all nicely rested and fresh.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You realise that Tierney just went to have a word with Alioski and tell him he was a prick and made the most of a situation. Xhaka putting his arm around him literally had Tierney confused. Even when Tierney was walking away, he wasn't going back for Alioski, he was going back for Xhaka. No doubt it continued into the changing room with Tierney probably saying ti Xhaka wtf are you doing.

Tierney was 100% spot on in this situation. Xhaka is a bottle, always has been. A mentally weak player that is weed on this squad.

Now that’s a very interesting take. He was going back for Xhaka, not the Leeds player. Certainly gonna be a bit tense in the dressing room after.....

Elwood

You realise Xhaka is doing the same thing, just without the possibility of another Guendouzi situation, right?
With Taylor around, I'd much rather that than any heated arguments.
Also the hate on Xhaka is hilarious

Elwood

That won't be happening, surely. The team is just too good for that, and I believe Arteta will get things going.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You realise Xhaka is doing the same thing, just without the possibility of another Guendouzi situation, right?
With Taylor around, I'd much rather that than any heated arguments.
Also the hate on Xhaka is hilarious

How so? There would have been nothing wrong with what Guendouzi did, if she showed the fight in game. Tierney did, and he had every right to do what he did. He wasn't playing **** the entire match and then piping up after we drew. He was pissed off with Xhaka for smiling with he guy that contributed to getting Pepe sent off.

Elwood

How so? There would have been nothing wrong with what Guendouzi did, if she showed the fight in game. Tierney did, and he had every right to do what he did. He wasn't playing **** the entire match and then piping up after we drew. He was pissed off with Xhaka for smiling with he guy that contributed to getting Pepe sent off.
Are you sure he was going for Xhaka there?
If Guendouzi was motm or pots, doing what he did is stupid and wrong regardless.
As I said, being aggressive after the game doesn't help anybody. I love Tierney and the fact that he was angry, it's just that confronting him like that at the end can only potentially bring more problems.
Alioski knows he's being a **** there, what's to be said? Just batter them next game and we're fine.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are you sure he was going for Xhaka there?
If Guendouzi was motm or pots, doing what he did is stupid and wrong regardless.
As I said, being aggressive after the game doesn't help anybody. I love Tierney and the fact that he was angry, it's just that confronting him like that at the end can only potentially bring more problems.
Alioski knows he's being a **** there, what's to be said? Just batter them next game and we're fine.

Watch it again. He is literally shocked by Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

The positioning is more balanced but again willock is higher than auba is bit frustrating the space between midfield and attack is big

kash2

The positioning is more balanced but again willock is higher than auba is bit frustrating the space between midfield and attack is big
thats because Willock main job was to mark Phillips. Still baby steps. 4-3-3, Auba central and presence in middle of park.

Saka and Partey added in place of willian and ceballos should take it up a notch and reduce the eye bleeding of viewers

kash2

Watch it again. He is literally shocked by Xhaka.
nothingburger. no point giving the FA a chance to stick another boot in. Losing your temper means you lost. Tierney's blood was up but when it cools down he will be happy for Xhakas intervention.

Should be more angry at Pepe.

if you getting angry at players diving and simulating against Arsenal and referees rewarding them, then its going to be rough going for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom