• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He’s a pro footballer not you walking back from the chip shop with a battered sausage.

He can handle it.

Like how Fabregas, Ramsey, Koscielny and all of our other sick notes over the years did?

I've got little opinion either way because a player can be fully fit, then step onto the pitch and tear his hamstring in two or zig when he should have zagged and damage his acl

All depends on the player and their body. But let's remember which club we support here. I'm surprised our lot don't get injured when they reach over to pick up their xbox controllers.

Keplaz

"I was living the dream. I was 19, playing for Arsenal. We were challenging for the Premier League, in the Champions League. No one was going to tell me I needed a rest. That's one of my biggest regrets - I wish I'd listened to physios a little more, learned more about my body.

Now everyone wears a GPS. You're looked after. That wasn't around when I was younger. I've heard many people over the years say I attract the challenge. That's my game - get the player close, do a one-two, dribble around. I still try to play like that.

But if I could go back and change one thing, it would be to manage the games, manage myself better and listen to the physios more. It's easy to say now."

This is Jack Wilshere. Different players but the same risks apply. Saka has also started getting preferential treatment from defenders, recently. Villa and Leeds both did this and it will only get worse.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We do have a weeks break after this, plus this is probably our last chance to get European football through the league as we can't afford any more defeats...though Europa should be our main aim now, but it's risky to put all your eggs in one basket...unsure what we will do tomorrow, tbh.

All I do know is Arteta will be getting destroyed on here regardless :lol:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We do have a weeks break after this, plus this is probably our last chance to get European football through the league as we can't afford any more defeats...though Europa should be our main aim now, but it's risky to put all your eggs in one basket...unsure what we will do tomorrow, tbh.

All I do know is Arteta will be getting destroyed on here regardless :lol:
Arteta's football is so soul crushing. I hated Arsène and shouted at games against him and his failures, we organised to boo him at Stoke too, but he was miles better. Wish he was back :(

Pyres7

It’s still over a third of the season left :lol:
That's why we need to keep our best players fit. Partey has already been injured a couple of times from being rushed back too quickly. We didn't even win those games :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's why we need to keep our best players fit. Partey has already been injured a couple of times from being rushed back too quickly. We didn't even win those games :lol:
Tierney snd Partey are fit... They are the two freshest first team players we have! If they are deemed ready to play then you play them. The only silver lining when you have injuries to key players earlier in the season is you can play them regularly late on without worrying about burnout and red zones. The risk of injury is another thing altogether, but you can’t let that dictate when you pick them when they are currently fit.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Like how Fabregas, Ramsey, Koscielny and all of our other sick notes over the years did?

I've got little opinion either way because a player can be fully fit, then step onto the pitch and tear his hamstring in two or zig when he should have zagged and damage his acl

All depends on the player and their body. But let's remember which club we support here. I'm surprised our lot don't get injured when they reach over to pick up their xbox controllers.

Yeah I agree with you he should be rested but I wanted to bully @OnlyOne for a bit.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Off topic. Where is an Özil / Turkish football thread that is open? I want to comment on how he is tearing it up in his new team now that he is finally starting! Racking up assists like there is no tomorrow! Ohhh... that isn’t the case? Well, well....

Any help to be had for a bit of Schadenfreude?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Off topic. Where is an Özil / Turkish football thread that is open? I want to comment on how he is tearing it up in his new team now that he is finally starting! Racking up assists like there is no tomorrow! Ohhh... that isn’t the case? Well, well....

Any help to be had for a bit of Schadenfreude?
Man who hasn't played football for 10 months struggles for form on return shocker

Arteta sidelining him because he hated how he brought the club more success than the loser Everton player did

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Depressingly even if we thrash Leicester tomorrow we will still end up being them, they are 15 points ahead of us with 39 points to play. And they are 3rd!

If West Ham lose today, as expected we'd still be 11 points behind but with tomorrow's game to play and 9 points behind Chelsea on same played. Even 7th place is six points away from us and Everton have a game less.

All to say that our chances of getting EL next year are slim and receding. Don't see how it can be contemplated if we don't win this one.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He’s a pro footballer not you walking back from the chip shop with a battered sausage.

He can handle it.
Arteta has already said they asked him to give one more push for the Europa game.
This isn’t sensible whats wrong with Pepe?
Our league season is already over.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta's football is so soul crushing. I hated Arsène and shouted at games against him and his failures, we organised to boo him at Stoke too, but he was miles better. Wish he was back :(
There’s so many looking like fools about now because they’re sh!t scared of admitting what you’ve had the guts to say. :lol:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
There’s so many looking like fools about now because they’re sh!t scared of admitting what you’ve had the guts to say. :lol:
Yup. It's sad how this fanbase who attacked Arsène are now licking out Arteta. DT and co were the leaders of our Wenger Out movement and now they're okay with Arteta finishing 11th. The balls on those hypocrites.

Bring back our club legend!

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
"I was living the dream. I was 19, playing for Arsenal. We were challenging for the Premier League, in the Champions League. No one was going to tell me I needed a rest. That's one of my biggest regrets - I wish I'd listened to physios a little more, learned more about my body.

Now everyone wears a GPS. You're looked after. That wasn't around when I was younger. I've heard many people over the years say I attract the challenge. That's my game - get the player close, do a one-two, dribble around. I still try to play like that.

But if I could go back and change one thing, it would be to manage the games, manage myself better and listen to the physios more. It's easy to say now."

This is Jack Wilshere. Different players but the same risks apply. Saka has also started getting preferential treatment from defenders, recently. Villa and Leeds both did this and it will only get worse.
Good post. Saka has been getting a lot of rough treatment lately, which should figure into the decision about his playing time.

I have no idea if he should play tomorrow or not, but the training/medical staff have their work cut out. And judging some of the decisions we’ve seen them make this season, I’m not very confident.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Man who hasn't played football for 10 months struggles for form on return shocker

Arteta sidelining him because he hated how he brought the club more success than the loser Everton player did
That's the spirit! 100% agree that Arteta is to blame for this lousy situation. The player himself none of course.

To my question: Is there a thread on AM where we can point to this situation. Just bashing Arteta for the poor performance of players on the squad isn't enough I feel. :mad:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We have too few realistic and clear-eyed truth speakers on AM! Just some few shining beacons of football knowledge, you of course included! Have a like and continue your repetitions... And I thought your squad cost rantings a couple of years ago were repetitive. Boy was I wrong!

Don't get me wrong. Just a bit of banter, but it is honestly quite repetitive. Don't you feel like giving it a rest sometime or must everyone praise Wenger and hate Arteta as much as you do? It is an Arsenal fan forum after all. Watching early 2000s Arsenal highlight videos on YouTube and dream about what was isn't necessarily what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom