• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
These are so ****ing ****, they're completely there for the taking. They don't get anywhere near the goal of we actually control the game and go at them

Worst team in Leicester City history, we’re gonna bottle the top 4 like we do every single year without fail, doesn’t matter what happens, today was a must win, now I see us finishing 15th x

Uhmmmmm,.......

Eh

What am I reading?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The turn around been really good since Chelsea game still not accepting the performance from manager and players during that 7 games winless run could have been in much better position
Agreed. The blame should have been placed on both sides and it's a shame we wasn't playing like this last year.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He didn't see it. The minute he went over to the monitor it was the shortest VAR check I've ever seen.

Still think the first one was a pen too. Pepe was coming in from outside the box, but the guy's leg was in it when it brought him down.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
https://www.arsenal.com/news/xhaka-we-have-constantly-have-energy

"I think we started very slowly," Xhaka told Arsenal.com. "After my mistake when we conceded the goal, I think the team went a little bit up.¨

"We know that they have very good midfielders, they have a very good team as well. They try to play football but we won today a lot of duels, a lot of 50-50 balls and the goals were beautiful and I am so happy for the team.

"We have to do it game by game [now], not for three games, not for four, we have to constantly be like this, with this energy, this team spirit and after I am looking forward to us doing something."

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Very convinced win. People forget that this is the number 2 in the league. And we played with a lot of different players

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.arsenal.com/news/xhaka-we-have-constantly-have-energy

"I think we started very slowly," Xhaka told Arsenal.com. "After my mistake when we conceded the goal, I think the team went a little bit up.¨

"We know that they have very good midfielders, they have a very good team as well. They try to play football but we won today a lot of duels, a lot of 50-50 balls and the goals were beautiful and I am so happy for the team.

"We have to do it game by game [now], not for three games, not for four, we have to constantly be like this, with this energy, this team spirit and after I am looking forward to us doing something."

I think there's like a 50-60% probability that we don't get any European football next season and consequently have a limited summer budget, and therefore effectively continue with Xhaka and Partey as the first choice pairing, possibly buying a cheaper option to challenge instead of a more expensive option to immediately replace.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think what this game showed is that however much our players are dissed we still have one of the best squads in the division. Starting XI is top six but squad is top four.

BIoodBrother

Xhaka has been our best player with Saka over the last months.
He's not only been solid, but intelligent and what most people dont see is his passing speed, that weight of pass, where hes probably the best in the League, that gives a Player receiving his pass an extra tenth or two to attack from a slightly better Position at Times.
I felt he was equally good in the first half vs City.
Willian was motm with Pepe. Completely different approaches. Willian is smart and looks not to make mistakes, strikes twice for good assists while Pepe is constantly on the run, freed up with positioning and tactics for 1on1s and he freaked out that Thomas kid blatantly. Also hes winning like every header and hes our only player bar Laca that can do smth with Lenos Long service . if the hate wasnt so big, people would realise that we won this game bc of those 3.
Laca held the ball up well and played his 1-2s like its his strength as well today.
I think we should keep him for two more seasons, it wont be hard to prolongue that contract either.

We have a beautiful big squad now, with different attacking options.
Absolutely need EL next season.
I would trade giving up on any chance for CL if it meant getting EL for sure next season.

Martinelli Willock wont play any games if we dont get Europe and we'd have a way to big squad in other Positions as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think there's like a 50-60% probability that we don't get any European football next season and consequently have a limited summer budget, and therefore effectively continue with Xhaka and Partey as the first choice pairing, possibly buying a cheaper option to challenge instead of a more expensive option to immediately replace.
Yeah but it would be the wrong call tbh. Xhaka clearly operates better with a better partner at CM. He gets to quietly do his job without having the responsibility to create/carry the ball.

I do think Xhaka would thrive with some rotation and competition, bringing in a lower quality midfielder in the summer would mean that he doesnt really get that. I think we should be aiming for at least a potential starter with a different skillset to Xhaka (Ceballos for example is too similar to him). But yeah as you say it probably does hinge on if we get European football next season. With a much emptier schedule maybe they won't see a good CM as a priority in this climate.

Pop Tart

Established Member
For all the talk of Leicester missing Maddison and injuries they had during the game.

Arsenal's best player (Saka) didn't even play today, Auba played like 5 mins while Partey came on when we already had the game won too, no Gabriel either.
We have a b team to rival city..

Must say our attacking options are strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom