• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
He’s a pro footballer not you walking back from the chip shop with a battered sausage.

He can handle it.

He’s human and looks exhausted. He can’t play every match without breaking down. Its not his fault if no one else can step up.

Last edited:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Mustafi letting Steptoe run off him and score in the reverse fixture really pissed me off.

Hopefully the defence is up to job. Need to lockdown Barnes as well. They don't have much beyond that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mustafi letting Steptoe run off him and score in the reverse fixture really pissed me off.

Hopefully the defence is up to job. Need to lockdown Barnes as well. They don't have much beyond that.
I think we’re better now than we were than, don’t you? For what that’s worth anyway!

Keplaz

If he gets injured a lot of you here will be saying Arteta should have rested him because hindsight is 20:20.

If he's exhausted then put him on the bench. And if we need him, bring him on. We should win this without him. Give Martinelli and Pepe a game.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thinking Rodgers will try for the same stuff from before. Soak up, unleash Vardy if he's available.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah give the boy a rest, we do have other players, we're not an under-11 side, play Pepe or Martinelli on the wing, or Willian even, bring Saka on later if you need to.

Iceman10

Established Member
I expect two of three of Laca/Pepe/Martinelli to come in for this. Hopefully not all three of them and hopefully not just one of them where Arteta uses Willian’s assist vs. Benfica as justification for a start in this one. Hard to not start without two of Saka/ESR/Ødegaard, although I see some are pressing the case to rest Saka, which is just something very hard to do. I’m not totally writing off Top 6 just yet, which is what makes it hard to go with resting Saka.

Kysus

We were finished after 75 minutes vs Benfica tbh, need some heavy rotation and go full throttle.
--------Leno---------
Cedric-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
---------------Partey----Xhaka------
Pepe-------------Laca----------Willian
---------------------Martinelli------------

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
last time this fixture really showed up Arteta as a rookie. It was blindingly obvious what the leceister gameplan was and our manager still fell for it. His style is a cautious crawling building up and hoping for a few moments of magic. Was really taught a lesson last time, and lets hope he has the brains to learn from it.

Keplaz

last time this fixture really showed up Arteta as a rookie. It was blindingly obvious what the leceister gameplan was and our manager still fell for it. His style is a cautious crawling building up and hoping for a few moments of magic. Was really taught a lesson last time, and lets hope he has the brains to learn from it.
Our inability to score and lack of creativity cost us. If we'd scored then plan Vardy wouldn't have mattered. VAR also screwed us over.

We were so dominant, and the longer it went without a goal, the more Leicester grew into it. We got done like George Foreman. We didn't deserve to lose that game.

Keplaz

I expect two of three of Laca/Pepe/Martinelli to come in for this. Hopefully not all three of them and hopefully not just one of them where Arteta uses Willian’s assist vs. Benfica as justification for a start in this one. Hard to not start without two of Saka/ESR/Ødegaard, although I see some are pressing the case to rest Saka, which is just something very hard to do. I’m not totally writing off Top 6 just yet, which is what makes it hard to go with resting Saka.
Even if we were hunting for top four, I think it's a bigger risk to not rest the boy. If he gets an injury later on in the season it might be even more costly.

Saka is only 19 playing his first full season as a guaranteed starter. We have to be responsible with him.

Kav

Established Member
Our inability to score and lack of creativity cost us. If we'd scored then plan Vardy wouldn't have mattered. VAR also screwed us over.

We were so dominant, and the longer it went without a goal, the more Leicester grew into it. We got done like George Foreman. We didn't deserve to lose that game.
We must have different recollection of this game because I recall us having a lot of possession and doing very little with it. We moved the ball so slowly we were not able to break them down at will. We should have had a goal but that stuff happens. What was more egregious was anyone with a brain could see what Leicester was doing but apparently Mikel missed the memo.

Pyres7

I'm in favour of resting Saka, and we should also rest Partey and Tierney. It's not worth the risk.

Breezy

Leno
Cedric - Holding - Mari - Tierney
Elneny
Pepe - Ødegaard - Partey - Martinelli
Lacazette​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom