• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City vs Arsenal | 06/12/03

gooner

Everyone will have this down as a dead certain three points match, and that we just have to turn up and that will be enough to win three points, but I can see it being the opposite of that and I think Arsenal will have to play them properly and stay disciplined or they are able of causing an upset. If you just look at their last 2 results they have been brilliant. They won 3 – 0 away to Manchester City and they beat Portsmouth 2 – 0 away. I personally think that they have the best chance of surviving in the premiership out of all the new promoted sides. I couldn’t believe that wolves result when Leicester were up 3 – 0 at halftime and at fulltime they ended up losing 4 – 3. These kind of things happen in football, but there last two results have shown that they have learnt from their mistakes and have carried on playing football.

I don’t think that Leicester have any world class players but one thing I give them a lot of credit for is that they stick together as a unit, a bit like Arsenal, and they will get through the hard times together as well good times. Imagine how their players must have felt losing to Wolves after being 3 – 0 up, but like Wenger sometimes says you see the true character of a team when they are against the wall or they are feeling low. Maybe I have given Leicester too much credit, but I kind of like them for team spirit.

As I said I personally don’t think that Leicester have any world class players, but they still have very good players who will give 100% and will challenge for every 50/50 ball. Below is a list of who I think are Leicester’s key men:

Ferdinand + Bent – Key Men 1
Dickov – Key Man 2
Gillespie + Scimeca – Key men 3
Elliott + Sinclair – Key Men 4
Walker – Key Man 5

I think Ferdinand even though his very old will have to be marked very closely in the air as he is very good with his headering and he isn’t too bad at his free kicks either. That Marcus Bent is also very fast and is good at finishing and Toure will have to keep a close eye on him. I think Leicester’s best player is Muzzy Izzet. Luckily for all goners, the best news is that he won’t be playing, as he is suspended coz of dat stupid 5 yellow cards rule.

This is the team line up I would go with:

Lehmann

Toure Campbell Keown Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

But I think wenger will go with:

Lehmann

Toure Campbell Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Vieira/Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

I know Gilberto is good but I like Edu more, coz offers us much more, attacking wise from the centre. I only think Vieira will start if Wenger is 100% certain that he is fully fit, coz he doesn’t want to mess him up like last time.

Newcastle play Liverpool which should be an entertaining match. If you look at both squads they are very good, especially Liverpools squad, with Kewell, Gerrard and Owen who would be able to change any game when they are on top form. I think it will be a draw. Villa will lay down for Manchester United and it is just a question of how many Manchester United will put past them. Chelsea go to Leeds. Chelsea could have been in the position Leeds are in right now if it wasn’t for Abromovich. Shows how quickly things can change in football. Don’t bank on Leeds doing us any favours.

Who cares about all them teams anyway? Just want to wish the gunners the best of luck and I hope they all play well and get the win, so it will put us in a good frame of mind for the match against Lokomtive Moskow at Highbury which we must win at Highbury next Wednesday.

Come On You Gunners!!!

thegame24

Established Member
it should be 10 nil to the arsenal, however, that wont happen cause we are too kind to other teams.

5 0r 4 nil gettin warmed up for the loko game

quattro

not worried about this game at all. the fulham result was a fluke, we should have gotten three 5-1's or something in a row this week. the momentum is still on our side and it will snowball all the way to the moscow match. a shame this wont be shown where i am at, it would be a nice end to a pretty nice week.

Adam

Established Member
Control the game from midfield, be carefull of their set pieces and long balls.

Superdudes

if i was Arsène.. my 1st team will be

Lehmann
Cole Cygan Campbell Toure
Pires Viera Ljungberg Wiltord
Aliadere Bergkamp
Why no henry you ask.. Well the foxes might have a game plan where they have henry in their mind.. so if henry was not there, their tactics will have been useless.. it will also add the element of surprise..
It will also be best if this formation line up at highbury on the 9th.. as the lokos' will also have their game adjusted for henry..
imagine the shocking faces of both the managers if Arsène was to put out this team.. this will also show that arsenal is not a one man team.. henry can have a rest.. but he could come in maybe during the 60th min to lead the attack if arsenal still needs a goal or two.. i know that this idea of mine seems impossible and crazy but it'll change the outcome of the games..

Guns and Arses

Today when I flipped through the pages of a local broadsheet newspaper, I saw that they predicted Leicester to win the match. That made me worry even more. I think Wenger needs to surprise the Leicester team by fielding a younger, fresher side. I personally think that young players play with no fear and the sould be playing in games like these. I hope that players like Henry, Pires and Ljungberg are rested.
Ali, Kanu and Clichy are playing well and I do hope that they start together.

My team will be:

Lehmann
Toure Cambell Cygan Cole
Ljungberg(or Bergkamp) Vieira Edu Clichy
Aliadiere Kanu

This will probably decrese the chances of an upset by Leicester.

Its the premier league, and every team is a danger regardless of their position on the table. We drew earlier in the year with portsmouth and Leicester are of similar class. Still, if we play well and respect them there is no reason why we won't win by atleast 3 goals.

I say Gunners 4-0.

leongsh

I would be very happy with a 1-0 Arsenal victory - it's 3 points in the bag and keeps Arsenal tight at the top in the EPL title chase. A bigger winning margin is a bonus - both to the players' sharpness towards preparing for the Champions League tie against Lokomotiv Moscow and to the goal difference in the EPL table.

Arjan

5. Thatcher – Ashley Cole should watch him closely…….this is a real full back
8. McKinlay – The pompous Vieira should watch his step or Billy will nip his ankles

From that fans(h)ite: that's new, they underestimate us; so i say 3-0 after 15 minutes and 75 minutes nothing.

Nice practice match for the real match next week.....

A

Anonymous

Why do people get bad feelings about games, just get behind the team and keep your feelings happy!

Anders Limpar

A bad feeling is a bad feeling, nothing yuo can do about it really...

...I think it's a perfect oppertunity to rest some player, a tactic Wenger uses way to seldom, my team will therefor be something like:

Lehman

Toure Campbell Cygan Cole

- the back four needs time together 'cas of the Lokomotiv game!

Wiltord Vieire Edu Ljungberg

- Vieira and Wiltord needs one more game to be ready for Moscow, Ljungberg take left midfield, Gilberto, Pires (sub) rests...

Kanu Aliadiere

- Henry rests (sub), a thing he will only benefit from, Bergkamp needs time between the games and we need him on Wedensday...

If it doesn't work we can change well in time to make a difference!

Go reds!!!

jeremiesgirl

I think Arsenal should win this comfortably, I'm going for 3-0 and I think Ali will play for us. Wenger will rest Henry ect for next week.

A

Anonymous

Jinn said:
I point you all in the direction of a Leicester Fansite.

http://www.filb17.fsnet.co.uk/ArspreNN061203.html

We'll hammer them. 5-1 again.

What a load of crap that article is. Views like that about Wenger make me so mad.
I hope we smash them 5-0 now.

I thought we would not win at Leeds and Milan, so i will say it again, I can see us losing this match ( :wink: )

Ridge

I'm glad that Kanu, Bergkamp, Ali, Wiltord are playin quite good recently.
I dont care who plays, as long i believe we can win. ;D

Latest posts

Top Bottom