• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City vs Arsenal | 06/12/03

Jinn

Established Member
Of course they'll feel it necessary.

The cry of "Dirty Arsenal" is echoing in the streets already!

JazzG

Established Member
Couldn't listen to this match properly but the guys on capital gold were saying leicester were well lucky to score right at the end.

I hear Ali was poor today but what really upsets me is how poor Pires and Ljundberg supposedly were. They should of shreded this team apart, same goes for the iceman. Probably just one of those days, lady luck was on Leicesters side today. Not the end of the world like some might think.

Yes we did miss Henry, unfortunately we don't have £100 mill to spend and bring in a player as good as him. We should of won this match without him and I am kinda annoyed we didn't. Credit to Leicester but I hear our passing was terrible in the midfield and we didn't control the game, Henry wouldn't of sorted that out. Vieira might of though.

They are our most important players and any team would miss them, Vieira keeps us solid and keeps our shape intact and Henry gives us that killer instinct infront of goal. However we should of done better today. Still we didn't lose so its like this one result is the end of the world. Its on a blip and nothing more.

Still a long long way to go yet. 24 games to go and that is 72 points to play for. 50 out of those 72 points will probably get us the title, we are capable of getting all 72 but that ain't gonna happen. Can't expect them to win em all and I'd rather drop silly points now than in April.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Every so oftern we need to a kick up our backside and do not drop our standard
Noone can play brillantly all the time but sound of things we drop our standard a bit
Wednesday is very important and hopefully we will play how we ought to

n_henry

Hopefully the boys are saving it all for Wednesday.... :?
Disappointing, as we could have gone top here...

gooner

I am really pissed off about todays result and I totally agreed with wot wenger said about how in't not over till the final whislte goes. We didn't play that well, but we had taken the lead and we should have held onto it even though we had 10 men, full stop. I know everyone is going it is still early days but is is these kind of points that will be cruicial when the ned of season comes. I know we missed Henry a lot today, but that is still not an excuse. It was good to see Wenger having a go at Toure for his positioning at the end, but Cygan deserved more of a screwing coz he was the main person guilty for letting in that goal if u watch it carefully. To say the truth, nowadays if you are an Arsenal fan, u never feel compfotable with a one goal lead and you always feel better with a two goal cushion. Our defence is good, don't get me wrong but sometimes we go to sleep and this is when we tend to get punished.Last year the same type of slack defending cost us a lot of points. we were leading against Newcastle, Liverpool as well as Bolton and we dropped our leads every time, and their were many other games, but we will have to improve on that. It was good to see Wenger getting angry at the players coz he could see some reminiscence of last season where we dropped so many stupid points, and I hope he gives the team a right bollocking.

The only good news is that Pennant helped Arsenal by only allowing Chelsea to go home with one point. I heard he scored a fantastic goal and I can't wait to watch it.

It is still a long season, but I hope Arsenal have learnt from last season not lose crucial leads in tight matches like today as they could cost us dearly when it comes to the end of the season.

jeremiesgirl

I am disappointed with todays result, we should have won - no excuses. Fair enough Henry wasn't playing but we have enough quality players who can score. I don't think we need to get into all this we are a 1 man team story, at the end of the day last week against Fulham we ended up with a draw and Henry WAS playing! No matter what the players did last week, it just wouldn't happen. Only irratating thing about today's result is that we were 2 mins away from getting the 3 points :x

I haven't seen or heard todays game so will watch the Premiership tonight to see what I make of it. Just a quick word on Ali, it was only his second ever Premiership start ok, whatever he did today wasn't going to be good enough after all the media portraying him as the new up and coming Henry! The only way for him to go today was down unless he scored a few goals and we just have to remember he's still young and still learning. I don't think we should be so critical just yet...give the guy a chance please!

From what I hear Freddie & Pires were not up to scratch which is disappointing, hope the gunners improve for Wednesday :)

reggiepaul

Aliadiere was pretty damn good. He wasn't getting much delivery. I thought it was unfortunate he was taken off because he was playing so well and just got in to the game and was beginning to cause more problems for Leicester.

I usually stick up for Wiltord but apart from some great moves from him when he came on, he later made some somewhat bizarre moves leading to our game being jeapordised elsewhere. God knows what was going through his mind.

I think he's giving up and the January exit seems more and more realistic now.

Ooh err on Cole's er *tackle*.

AFCG7

Established Member
this game reminded me of those at the end of last season.. we lost concentration again and failed to hold on to a lead.. i wonder what Wenger was telling Toure after the whistle

**** this ****. The chance the take top spot and we **** it. I blame all the people who had negetive feelings. The last thing the team needs are bad vibes. If there is anything negetive said about the champs league match then all hell will break loose.

JazzG

Established Member
henry_14 said:
cole is a idiot. He is alway argues with the ref

Why would he argue with the ref? He said he was wrong afterwards.

Also whats up with the constant flaming of the arsenal team. Its only one match ffs!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, cuz any posting of negative thoughts here transferred themselves into the players heads through osmosis...

:roll:

Superdudes

a tough pill to follow.. yes but lets be optimistic.. a draw means we are still unbeaten.. though we ought to win that game easily.. the gap between chelski and us isn't so bad.. just a point difference.. this season premier league are going to be more tighter with it being a 3 horse race.. the arsenal squad has shown that even when faced with injuries and suspensions, we don't look so bad..

whatever this is, i wish for viera and henry to be out on the field on any day.. especially against the loko.. all will be forgiven if we win the next match.. viera will have enough rest by then and should be fit to play.. henry might play if he feel good..

viera is the captain and holds the team together.. he whenever he's playing, our defence feels more comfortable.. so does our attack.. his ball winning skills makes it a lesser of a job for the defence and which means that the attackers can focus more on thier attacks..

henry is the man striker and he's the man to lead the attack.. his goal records are great even though people just condemn him and says that he never score much goals.. heck, his assist also matches matches any duff or nedved.. henry makes great defence players look like school boys..

thus without this 2 great players, arsenal don't look like a special team.. though they are stilll great with bergy and pires out on the field.. not to mention the others diligent workers.. gilberto has prove that he's not a liability to the gunners..

and lets hope that cole will have an outstanding game when faced against the russians.. he'll have learn from his mistakes by then..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom