• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester v Arsenal | April 28, 2019 | KO: 12:00 BST | Sky Sports

Pick your poison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Problem is LCFC are actually a decent side. They play damn good football under Rodgers too. We have a real job on our hands. We are capable in terms of talent but as usual it is the mentality of the squad which will be the difference on Sunday
Yep, this guys are up for the big home games in the league and EL but don't have the same application away from home in the less glamorous fixtures. Shows why this group are perennial top 4 contenders rather than going for the league title.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We’ve run out of gas. Run out of ideas.

This is very simple.

Field an Uber defensive line up little or no creativity. The only aim being not to be caught on the counter. Choke the match out. The game will turn into a horrific slog of anti-football as Leicester will have no interest/planning in initiating attacks.

Throw on attacking players round 70 min mark.

The time for niceties is long gone, this team isn’t even capable of niceties at the moment anyway. Desperate times call for desperate tactics. We can focus on the beautiful game next season. Well you can, I will be focused on tequila as usual.

ksarp

I'm with you on this one. We need another body in midfield. Our midfielders are not good enough to play in a midfield 2. We lack control and our defence are left too exposed playing a midfield 2. This also allows us to accomodate Özil and our striker and also change to a 4-3-3 if required.

Aubameyang and Nketiah? Why?

ksarp

This is very simple.

Field an Uber defensive line up little or no creativity. The only aim being not to be caught on the counter. Choke the match out. The game will turn into a horrific slog of anti-football as Leicester will have no interest/planning in initiating attacks.

The time for niceties is long gone, this team isn’t even capable of niceties at the moment anyway. Desperate times call for desperate tactics. We can focus on the beautiful game next season. Well you can, I will be focused on tequila as usual.

I love your line of thinking!!

Play compact, sit deep, everyone in our half. Lord knows our high A.T.O.B offense only flatters to deceive and is largely ineffective. Take counters and go high over the top.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
We go into this game as underdogs. Hopefully we can pull of an upset, stranger things have happened in football.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

This is very simple.

I think you are right here. For years when we've been in this sort of form we always turn up at these places like an old pro boxer with a crisis of confidence who has a memory of the old moves and feels obliged to take the intiative but hasn't got the power anymore. And we get knocked out.

Be boring, hang on and try and nick it at the death.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We need to spoil this game and try and nick it. Conservative and rigid 4-5-1 and pray.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Its my effing birthday on Sunday, if these asswipes ruin it for me I'll buy a white shirt with a cockerel on it.

rockofcashel

Arra why are we even bothering with this, just put Vardy into the Fantasy team and sit back watching the points tot up..

Hon the Gunners

teamsoutheast

Our midfield worries me for this one. Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans could give us problems. They also have very good Full backs in Pereira and Chilwell. We need to be organised and not give them any time on th ball. I don't want to see Maddison or Tielemans given acres of space like we seem to do against the lesser sides. Also I don't think the defensive ine should be too high as Vardy loves playing on the last man. Sokratis must be careful not to dive in if he is the last man against him

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arseblog made a good case on the form that Emery's Sevilla had around their 3 finals in Europa

https://arseblog.com/2019/04/can-europa-league-semi-finals-affect-league-performance/

I was also curious about how Emery’s teams performed around their Europa League semi-finals in the past. So, I looked it up.

In 2015-16, having lost three of their previous four in La Liga they won a league game against Real Betis (a derby), before drawing 2-2 with Shaktar in the first leg. They then lost to Espanyol, beat Shaktar 3-1 at home before losing 4-1 and 3-1 to Granada and Athletic Bilbao. They beat Liverpool 3-1 in the final thanks to Coke (the player, not the drugs).

In 2014-15 they were better, losing to Real Madrid just before the first leg victory over Fiorentina, but they they drew with Celta Vigo ahead of the second leg against the Italians which they won 2-0 away, and then won their final two league games before beating Dnipro 3-2 in the final.

And in 2013-14, Emery’s first Europa League win, they’d won four in a row in La Liga before beating Valencia 2-0 in the semi-final first leg. After that they lost to Athletic Bilbao (3-1), lost the second leg of the semi-final 3-1 but went through on away goals, drew with Villarreal, lost to Getafe and drew 0-0 in the final against Benfica but won the trophy via a penalty shoot-out.

Guessing that another turgid away day performance is on the cards

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery has surprised me a few times this season already with some impressive wins after a poor run of form, I think he can do it again, one last time this season!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just go with Willock and Nketiah. Something fresh. I bet they wouldn't let us down.

And if they perform poorly they will proceed to be written off. I’ve already seen several say Nketiah won’t make it here.

Emery hasn’t blooded the youngsters adequately enough. Willock should’ve seen far more minutes in particular. You can understand Nketiah not playing much, we’ve occasionally gone with just one of Auba and Laca, they both need to play.

But Willock should’ve taken some of the Guendouzi minutes and pretty much all of Elneny’s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom