• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
secretly hoping Emery told the guys that he'll step down after this game, and asked them to fight one last time, give it their all.

and yes, unicorns do exist.

dinosaurs though aren't real and the earth may be flat.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Much will depend who he puts out in midfield. If they get over run we're toast.

Would never wish us to lose though. That's for plastic supporters.

Admire your confidence using an “if”.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Even if we win the board should still bin him, he’s shown that long term he’d clearly not the guy.

If they don’t we’d now be close behind Leicester now so I hope we could scrape over the line with him, and let him go in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we win the board should still bin him, he’s shown that long term he’d clearly not the guy.

If they don’t we’d now be close behind Leicester now so I hope we could scrape over the line with him, and let him go in the summer.
We could lose today Chelsea win today and we'll be like 9 points behind already and we not even in half of season a win today will be like miracle we can't create many chances and can't hold lead.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We could lose today Chelsea win today and we'll be like 9 points behind already and we not even in half of season a win today will be like miracle we can't create many chances and can't hold lead.

Leicester are gonna go at us though, should just sit deep and try and get to half time equal.

Rodgers is too naive as a manager, if it’s tight he’ll overcommit players and we can do them on the break.

I don’t think we will fwiw but it’s not like Leicester are some unstoppable juggernaut like City or Pool. There’s a clear way to beat them.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Leicester are gonna go at us though, should just sit deep and try and get to half time equal.

Rodgers is too naive as a manager, if it’s tight he’ll overcommit players and we can do them on the break.

I don’t think we will fwiw but it’s not like Leicester are some unstoppable juggernaut like City or Pool. There’s a clear way to beat them.
That's what I'm thinking too if they do attack us will leave so much space for our quick players like pepe and auba so we can go at them on counter but that qpl depend on Emery and what tactics he'll go today i read he'll go for 3412 with bellerin kola as wingbacks

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

If Özil doesn’t start, we literally have zero chance of getting anything out of this game. Who else is going to create the 2 chances we get all match?

Mohamed7

Leicester will beat every big team at home. That's certain. Or the very worst draw with one of them (Liverpool).

They are well organized, keep the ball, and have a fantastic home base.

Regarding sitting deep, we do not have the manager nor the players to do that. If we could, we would have preserved our leads in the last four matches!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If Özil doesn’t start, we literally have zero chance of getting anything out of this game. Who else is going to create the 2 chances we get all match?
He will start imo without Ceballos and xhaka today and Özil didn't play in europa

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Leicester will beat every big team at home. That's certain. Or the very worst draw with one of them (Liverpool).

They are well organized, keep the ball, and have a fantastic home base.

Regarding sitting deep, we do not have the manager nor the players to do that. If we could, we would have preserved our leads in the last four matches!

Maybe but they’ve lost to Utd away already, that was the perfect template.

Concede the middle of the pitch and let them have possession which can’t hurt you. Any team should be able to sit deep with two banks of four, it’s basics.

Rodgers for me still hasn’t evolved as a manager from that loss at home to Mourinho in 2014. That day, Chelsea put out their B team and stopped them creating anything.

Brendan only knows how to play one way, no matter who the opposition is. We have better personnel than they do, there’s no reason we shouldn’t trouble them if we play correctly.

Preacher

Always Crying
You just know, that today we'll concede at least one goal from dead ball situation. Our marking during corners and offside line during free-kicks are usually shambles.

Mohamed7

Maybe but they’ve lost to Utd away already, that was the perfect template.

Concede the middle of the pitch and let them have possession which can’t hurt you. Any team should be able to sit deep with two banks of four, it’s basics.

Rodgers for me still hasn’t evolved as a manager from that loss at home to Mourinho in 2014. That day, Chelsea put out their B team and stopped them creating anything.

Brendan only knows how to play one way, no matter who the opposition is. We have better personnel than they do, there’s no reason we shouldn’t trouble them if we play correctly.

Yes, but Mourinho, Simone, Allegri etc... are defensive coaches that spend time and effort in the training to have that set up in the game. It is not just create a formation of two banks of four, but you need to rehearse that in the training over and over again. Also, it needs highly concentrated, leader(s), and error-free defenders and defensive midfielders which we have, thus far, NONE.

Remember, we tried this at Anfield and we could only hold on for 40 minutes before Soks decided to be a ***** on that corner then David Luiz happened in the second half.

I get what you mean though as there's no way we can win trying to be offensive with Unai.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The way Leicester play will fit perfectly into Emery’s plans and that’s what I’m afraid of. Another counter attacking snooze fest by our boys.

Think we’ll nick it- Emery keeping his job in the process.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes, but Mourinho, Simone, Allegri etc... are defensive coaches that spend time and effort in the training to have that set up in the game. It is not just create a formation of two banks of four, but you need to rehearse that in the training over and over again. Also, it needs highly concentrated, leader(s), and error-free defenders and defensive midfielders which we have, thus far, NONE.

Remember, we tried this at Anfield and we could only hold on for 40 minutes before Soks decided to be a ***** on that corner then David Luiz happened in the second half.

I get what you mean though as there's no way we can win trying to be offensive with Unai.

Yeah obviously we’re not going to turn into 2004/05 Chelsea at the drop of a hat but at the same time I will say that Emery’s best performances this year (low bar I know) have probably been on the road against Utd and Liverpool.

Yes the line ups were poor but he’s in his element when he’s allowed to play the underdog and go with reactive gameplans.

Leicester aren’t Liverpool either, even if they try and play like them. Honestly think we can nick something today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we are playing Auba and Laca today, wouldn’t mind going three at the back, least that way we can get some proper width with our wingbacks (Luiz could get a bit of a free role then, allowing him to move from defence to midfield).

GDeep™

League is very weak
The way Leicester play will fit perfectly into Emery’s plans and that’s what I’m afraid of. Another counter attacking snooze fest by our boys.

Think we’ll nick it- Emery keeping his job in the process.
It’s going to be nip and tuck. Much closer than the trashing most on here are expecting us to get.

Predicted 2-1 to us all week. Auba and Laca to score.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No they didn't, they got Mane, Salah and Firmino in first. Their defence was also a bit of a joke until they strengthened it the next season.

They signed Matip almost straight away so they at least did something, the also signed Robertson soon after and they tried to get Van Dijk much sooner than they did. Tbf you could argue that Liverpool needed to strengthen in so many areas because of the dross Rodgers left them with. With us Wenger left a top heavy side with excellent attacking players in need of top class additions at the back, in particular a top CB. We've been crying out for that since Mertesacker decided he lost his motivation back in 2014, we've been neglecting it for so long.

The bottom line is tho once Liverpool got the Coutinho money they went and strengthened the most important areas straight away. Liverpool selling their player when his value was at its highest is also another area they're better at than us. We're just a mess altogether letting someone like Ramsey go. You could argue we've missed the perfect opportunity to sell Lacazette too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom