• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Wish we had Wilfred Ndidi. He bossed the midfield for Leicester. He's been one of the best tackling midfielders in the league since Idrissa Gueye for a few seasons now. Our midfield were too lighweight in a 2. We need some Physical, Atheletic, mobile midfielders in the January transfer window. If our midfield were more powerful, i'm convinced we could have got something against them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wish we had Wilfred Ndidi. He bossed the midfield for Leicester. He's been one of the best tackling midfielders in the league since Idrissa Gueye for a few seasons now. Our midfield were too lighweight in a 2. We need some Physical, Atheletic, mobile midfielders in the January transfer window. If our midfield were more powerful, i'm convinced we could have got something against them.
Yeh we have technical ability in the midfield but it is wasted when you dont have someone who can do the dirty work as well as impose themself physically.

Even city have Fernandinho. Hes not the strongest but he breaks up play wonderfully. We have no one like that, Torreira was doing that for a few months and then just became **** recently (as well as being played out of position).

We have a bunch of technically proficient players who have a low IQ.

teamsoutheast

Leicester need to hope that they can keep Vardy fit, cos if they lose him for any lengthy time, they are in serious trouble. Probably could replace him with Ayoze, but I can't see him being as effective.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Expected a bad defeat, something like 4-0, but it didn't happened. We even played quite well for 60 minutes, but still an average performance overall. We are a middle table team by now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Leicester need to hope that they can keep Vardy fit, cos if they lose him for any lengthy time, they are in serious trouble. Probably could replace him with Ayoze, but I can't see him being as effective.
Leicester have more goal scorers than us or United so this is relevant to each club and their respective striker..

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wish we had Wilfred Ndidi. He bossed the midfield for Leicester. He's been one of the best tackling midfielders in the league since Idrissa Gueye for a few seasons now. Our midfield were too lightweight in a 2. We need some Physical, Atheletic, mobile midfielders in the January transfer window. If our midfield were more powerful, i'm convinced we could have got something against them.

That's been the case since 2005. Between Wenger and Emery, for neither to have figured that out is bordering on negligence.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
For me, it will be 2 weeks very long... I hope that the international break are positive for us

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s hard to know whether or not we actually need a physical DM though seen as the one player we have that’s most comfortable there is continuously played out of position by Emery.

teamsoutheast

It’s hard to know whether or not we actually need a physical DM though seen as the one player we have that’s most comfortable there is continuously played out of position by Emery.
I got the feeling Emery either wants him to win the ball higher up the pitch, or he feels Torreira has the potential to be a more 'complete' midfielder.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I got the feeling Emery either wants him to win the ball higher up the pitch, or he feels Torreira has the potential to be a more 'complete' midfielder.

Don’t understand why he felt like he needs to play him as a complete midfielder when he’s had Özil on the bench the whole time.

teamsoutheast

Don’t understand why he felt like he needs to play him as a complete midfielder when he’s had Özil on the bench the whole time.

Im guessing he may have seen him potentially being the next verrati. I think the closest players we have to becoming complete midfielders are probably Willock and Guendouzi.

teamsoutheast

I get that feeling too, but it’s not working. Torreira seems to play inside himself when he’s out of position.
In training I can imagine Torreira being everywhere and showing very good fitness levels, so I can see why Emery would have tried this. You are right though it doesn't seem to be working and he is not looking happy playing there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Im guessing he may have seen him potentially being the next verrati. I think the closest players we have to becoming complete midfielders are probably Willock and Guendouzi.

Feel confident in saying the only similarity to Verratti he has is their height. Also Emery was criticised for playing Verratti as an attacking midfielder at PSG.

It’s just not his role, like you say Willock and Guendouzi are much better candidates for all round midfielders. Özil is clearly miles better creatively than our other midfielders, yet he chooses Torreira for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom