<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

29.6%
  2. Draw

30.6%
  3. Liverpool win

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooner1988TK

Gooner1988TK Active Member

looooool At least Luiz does Xhaka’s job better than Xhaka. Feels like we have 10 men with that bum in the team and I have no idea what he actually offers at all!

MikeVinna likes this.
  2. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

I actually think, Tierney was more at fault at the goal. Leno wasn’t perfect, but it was a close range effort with almost no time to react.

3. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

Exactly, Salah does what he wants and brushes off most players in the league quite easily.

I think Leno could have done better but Pool were always going to score, they just wouldn’t stop.

We’re still in this anyways.

Gooner416 and El Granit-Coq like this.
  4. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

I'm bored of seeing the same performance at Anfield and other big clubs every ****ing season.

5. Ifly_Gooner

Ifly_Gooner Member

I don’t know, I guess I would rather play like Leeds did and lose 4-3, than try to defend like this and still lose 2-1 :\

6. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Should change it up but we know Mikel wont do it at half time. Kinda strange to see how AMN can break the press occasionally but both our central midfielders cant.

7. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

This I was saying to myself if we keep it to 2 1 we have a chance in the 2nd half to nick a point. Bring on saka,dani 15 Mins Into 2nd half

#254 Well-Known Member

9. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Can I have a tenner.

10. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

If we don't bring Pepe on then might as well pack it in.

We need someone to pin back Robertson.

MikeVinna and PressResistance like this.
  11. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Are you suggesting we'll be pushed all the way out to the East of Prussia?

I don't think we've got the numbers or nous to lead a tactical retreat that far :lol:

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  12. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

Shame that we conceded very soft goals, but we are still in it. Sub Pepe and Ceballos in and give it a go.

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

It's no shame of losing s game against liverpool at anfield they just unbeatable there but show some effort

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Liverpool are good, can confirm. Might need to show a bit more chutzpah though if we're gonna get anything out of this.

El Duderino likes this.
  15. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Need to show some bottle second half and we can get back in this.

Do not crumble and fall apart ffs!!!

16. Dial Square 1886

Dial Square 1886 Well-Known Member

Guys we playing arguably the best club side in the world with Xhaka and Elneny as our two CMs and Rob Holding and David Luiz as our two CBs.

This was never likely to go that well.

Maybe they will prove me wrong in the second half, but realistically, we are at a totally different stage of squad development from Liverpool right now.

Will take time unfortunately.

James Bond likes this.
  17. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Liverpool would've looked very vulnerable if we had Partey and Aouar in that game.

But they are also absolutely magnificent in attack. Unreal, best pressing a team probably ever played in football history.

18. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

We’re relying on our CBs to be our playmakers as our midfield is getting ******.

Willian was at fault for our first goal too, didn’t track Robertson.

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Salah is arguably the best wide forward in the world, its no shame to struggle against him at times.

Gooner416 likes this.
  20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

All this game did was remind us of how far away we actually are. Look we got lucky against a post title win Liverpool a couple of months ago and the community shield is obviously not the most competitive game in the world. This is completely different, Liverpool are absolutely on it and we're miles off. If we don't go all out for Aouar and Partey the gap is gonna remain not matter what Arteta does, you can only do so much as a manager. Imagine if Klopp still had Lucas, Can and Lallana as his midfield with Benteke up front, Clyne and Moreno as his full-backs, would they be anywhere near as dominant as this? Absolutely not.

DJ_Markstar, krengon, lufere7 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.