• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

LIV+VS+ARS.jpg

1824731_Arsenal.jpg

So here we are again. The nightmare fixture. The game we’ve had early on in so many years and got battered so many times.

Like last year we come into this game off the back of two hard fought wins. We gave the game away in the first half and from then on the Emery dark days were on top of this.

This year we’ve got form for being more resolute in big games even if we still struggle against smaller teams.

With formation I’m guessing Tierney will still be out and praying that Kolasinac will be sold by then. With Luiz hopefully fitter we can shuffle Gabriel across.

In many ways it’s a free hit. They’re rolling and just added Thiago but I think we can keep it tight and may well sneak a result.

We have a nightmare run on paper but an empty Anfield would be the perfect place to establish a base camp.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is gonna be a tough game, but I can't wait to watch it. Liverpool are gonna be well up for this after our last couple of games against them and I am confident that we can stay in the game against them as long as we are water tight. Should be a good game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Tierney is out I dont give us a chance.

This is the hardest game in the league on paper, don't mind losing here as long as we put up a fight.

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN
Ceballos - Xhaka
Willian - Laca - Auba​

Good test for Gabriel. Id happily have Elneny over Dani as well for extra stability.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Win this and teams may be start to get real cautious about us. Could see a nightmare start with a fightback but ultimately a loss. Don't know really..

Also find it interesting that we've won our last 8 competitive fixtures

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
So long as the team works hard and put in a good shift, everyone should be happy. Away at Liverpool and Man City will always be very tough.

The best result would probably be a draw cause I can't see a win unless Auba, Laca and Willian/Pepe all play exceptionally well.

I expect us to defend well with a good shape, hopefully no chaotic errors from Luiz/Leno.

But I know even if we play well and lose to a Liverpool team that are much better than us people on here will overreact and call everyone on the team plus Arteta a bum.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Monday is gonna all be about the performance. It is silly to expect us to go to Anfield and expect to leave with any points, Liverpool destroyed the league last season. I dont think the fact that we beat them (quite fortunately) after they had already won the league says enough, and neither does a community shield win.

This game will show if we can deal with the best the league has to offer. I don't mind us losing if we put in a good fight and create some chances.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pepe was an animal against these guys at Anfield last season, the league learned they couldnt play a high line against us and started doubling up on him. Pepe really worked that game as a striker, such a threat.

I hope he gets some game time on Monday, especially if we need a goal. Willian will start but I'm not sure he could give us more than an explosive player in a game like this. We will undoubtedly be sitting very deep compared to usual.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our midfield is getting rinsed here. Liverpool with Thiago alongside Gini and Henderson will be too much for us. Xhaka and Ceballos are gonna get exposed massively while we're hoping Auba works wonders.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Our midfield is getting rinsed here. Liverpool with Thiago alongside Gini and Henderson will be too much for us. Xhaka and Ceballos are gonna get exposed massively while we're hoping Auba works wonders.
Doubt we’re gonna play with a midfield mate. It’s all about neutralizing Robertson and TAA, Lacazette needs to have a big game dropping back to press Thiago.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta gives me hope for games like this again. Might still lose but it won't be the usual 5-1 type battering.
In the last decade since the start of 2010 we've played 24 times. Won 8, Lost 8, Drawn 8.

Except 5 of those losses came 2017-2019 during the fan rants, boycotts, protests and planes period. Klopp is the best manager Liverpool has ever had, handicapping Wenger and the team with all that negative sh!t was plain cruel. Wenger lost twice 3-1 and 4-0.

Prior to 2017 though we were ahead and only lost 5-1 once in 2014 but beat them 4-1 in 2015 the following year.

Pyres7

If we concede early I can't see us coming back. If Tierney's not fit I hope we use Gabriel at LCB. Kolasinac can't be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom