• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LG10

As tough as this looks, these are the games emery has built his reputation on. He’ll have a game plan for sure where as last year we would definitely have gotten a thrashing.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Sorry bro, maybe that was OTT ;)

I’m tall and played CB for years (at an amateur level) but couldn’t help myself turning aside if the ball was driven hard at me from close range.

Maybe I’m defending myself here :rolleyes:
317C800C00000578-3460765-Barcelona_talisman_Lionel_Messi_arrows_a_shot_towards_goal_from_-m-30_1456261668558.jpg

So did I but at schoolboy level, I'm also tall to boot. Come to think of it, I don't think I made 5 slide tackles in all the time I played football.

I'd never blame a player for turning his back on a hard shot but just don't obviously jump out of the way, especially when its the last minute and we're 2-1 up.

Although I'm expecting world cup winning defender to do more in that situation than I would have done myself.

All water under the bridge though, I just hope the boys can come back from Anfield with more this time around.

IDGAF what anyone says Mustafi back is brilliant news, he's been having a good season whether people want to admit it or not.

Have to disagree with this. The guy is train wreck and our defense hasn't improved at all this year, if anything it has gotten worse and I put that mainly on that we kept this chaotic defender that put pressure on everyone else in the team.

Hopefully we are looking to move him on early in the summer!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Can't see us getting anything here. I would have been confident a couple of weeks ago, after all we've already outplayed them once this season, but the injuries and the lame displays, combined with Liverpool's improving form mean I'd be delighted with a draw.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
As much as I’d rather have him over current form Iwobi he has been rather ****. The Banega rumours start to make more and more sense with the way this Özil situation is going.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Regardless, it's not a big loss. This isn't the type of game that Özil excels in. Away to table topping Liverpool were there's a good chance we're gonna be dominated. I mean conditions have to be perfect for Özil to perform apparently, he can't just make something happen after having a game without the ball for large periods.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Regardless, it's not a big loss. This isn't the type of game that Özil excels in. Away to table topping Liverpool were there's a good chance we're gonna be dominated. I mean conditions have to be perfect for Özil to perform apparently, he can't just make something happen after having a game without the ball for large periods.

Its a big loss insofar as our options from the bench will be Nketiah and Elneny.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Who's then going to make things happen?

Guendouzi? :lol:

We'll be lucky to manage above 5 shots with this abomination of football style.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Its a big loss insofar as our options from the bench will be Nketiah and Elneny.

Tbf I can't see all of Auba, Laca, Ramsey and Iwobi all starting so at least one of them will be on the bench. Possibly 2, but who knows.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Love him or not, Özil is one of our most talented players. Ramsey not may favourite, but also at the. More talented end. I fully support emery but I am not in favour of freezing out quality in favour of some of the dross that fills the squad.

Iwobi is not better than Özil, its that simple for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom