<

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Dec 26, 2018.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 29, 2018.
  1. Liverpool Win

72.1%
  2. Draw

13.1%
  3. Arsenal Win

14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Wtf we already lost o_O

2. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

4/6 of the defensive players that started yesterday was bought this summer to fix our defensive issues too in what a lot of people were saying was amazing recruitment. That does not fill me with confidence. I’ll be honest, I only rate Torreira out of all our new signings. Getting seriously linked to the likes of Cahill and Banega now too smh, hopefully this is not the type of signings we can expect. We need to go after younger players in their early 20’s.

Mrs Bergkamp, Toby Andrl and celestis like this.
  3. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Most of us knew going into our new season with only Sokratis as a new signing was nothing short of a disaster.

We were a team last year that couldn't defend AND we've lost our best CB in years in a terrible injury (Koscielny).
    And most of us were saying there was a huge chance Koscielny was finished after his injury.
    Lichsteiner has been the only "bust" we've brought this summer.

Going into the season with the same group of players than last years who were already terrible and adding only Sokratis to replace our longest serving CB...

It was suicidal.
    We were very fortunate Holding was much much better than expected (he was so bad last year) and hide the fact we were very short at the back.
    Now he got injured, everything is starting to fall off.

Once again the club has been cheap and hasn't done fully its job in the summer.

Go back 6 months ago and ask yourself if going into a season with Sokratis (coming into a new league), Mustafi & Holding (coming both from a terrible season), Mavropanos was really enough to compete for top 4.

Furthermore Nacho has been mostly injured this season, one of our best and most consistent defensive player.

Ornstein has been reporting we've only had a £50/70M budget last summer.
    This is where the problem lies imo.

Mrs Bergkamp and Giroud12 like this.
  4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah agreed, most of these summer signings except Torreira and Guendouzi were stop gaps at best.. Emery should have gotten Torreira, a quality cb and a quality winger or even a winger with potential.. 3 great signings would have been much better and then you find internal solutions if we are a bit short elsewhere.

Mrs Bergkamp, progman07 and celestis like this.
  5. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Nacho has been mediocre for years

Should never been more than a squadie

Kola is a huge upgrade

Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

I honestly still believe the defence can improve markedly if coaching staff take them away from the main group and drill them .

7. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Yeah... No

8. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Huge upgrade how?

Kola is a **** passer, average on the ball and useless in the first phases of the build up. Only good when he has to put in a delivery.

9. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Kola is an absolutely garbage LB. The only way he doesn't get exposed is with 3 at the back. Imagine even thinking he's better than Monreal

Mrs Bergkamp and carlito'sway like this.
  10. YeahBee

He is a beast

We have been small weak and technical for years wtf did that give us?

If The organisation is sorted out he will shine even more

11. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Come back when Kolasinac blocks a single cross into the box

12. YeahBee

If monreal was so Great Why did he never establish himself in The nt

Why did no other club ever Come sniffing around?
    All our good players left so Why not him?

13. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He's a beast? That settles it then.:lol:

Kolasinac is only a beast when there's a fight going, but when it comes to football there's rarely anything good coming out of him being a beast. Doesn't win duels at all, nor tackles, nothing.

14. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Dude, give it a f**** rest. Your anti Nacho crusade is so lame now.

Ricardinho likes this.
  15. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Kola is a "beast"and a huge upgrade over Nacho...... :rofl:
    It is early in the day but those comments will be hard to beat today.

16. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Oh God, you're the guy who blamed Monreal for that goal when Mustafi gave the ball away against at United, aren't you? Never mind.

carlito'sway likes this.
  17. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

THIS IS HIS PREVIOUS! KNEW I RECOGNISED HIM LMAO! He WAS DEFENDING MUSTAFI FOR THAT

progman07 and carlito'sway like this.
  18. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Kolasinac isn't even close to Nacho this isn't even a debate. :lol:

Nacho has been our most consistent player for the past 3/4 seasons and our best defensive player alongside koscielny.

Kolasinac is just an injury & error prone player who can't even defend.
    The only thing that saves him is his offensive contribution.

19. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Nacho in his peak is way better.I don't rate him for a while now.

20. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

The bolded part is partly what I was referring to when I said we need to start doing the right things as a club.

As for Sp**s getting money for sales, it's not quite as simple as that. First of all, they've got the stadium debt to consider. Sure, the TV money and the inflated player market helps with that, as does the stadium naming rights, but the market is heavily inflated on the incoming players as well. In fact, the TV money has specifically inflated the market for English teams buying players. And while Sp**s may get lot of new young fans with the hype, fans that come quickly, go quickly as well if the hype stops which might happen if they start selling their best players and can't replace them. And it will not be easy for to replace Kane, Alli, Son and Eriksen etc. even with money, especially if they are not willing to break their rigid wage structure. And if they do break it, one wage increase will lead to another and suddenly your whole cost structure is different.

Sp**s have certainly put themselves in a good position but they have lot of challenges ahead of 'em as well. Currently they are keeping top crop of players together cause the players buy the hype. Hypes come and go, especially if they don't win anything big and doesn't lok like they will anytime soon. They can't keep the kind of quality they now have that cheaply long term. The only thing really that I envy about them is that they have an owner who cares about the club, while we have a cartoonish redneck billionaire who's mainly interested in squeezing money out of the club through shady consulting fees in order to fund his moronic lion hunting fetish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.