PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by razörist, Aug 17, 2019.

?

What is your predicted result?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2019.
  1. Liverpool win

40.5%
  2. Draw

29.0%
  3. Arsenal win

30.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Liverpool vs Arsenal
    [​IMG]

Predicted line-ups:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 wins down, 36 to go.

We have won our first two games, at times we looked very good, at times very shaky, the usual. Line-up is very difficult to predict, Unai Emery has some tough choices to make in midfield and attack.

Liverpool look lethal in attack like always, but their defense isn’t as settled as it was last year, as seen against Southampton. Alisson is out, Adrian isn’t close to his level so we could have an advantage there if we surprise him.

The last time we took something from Anfield was 2016, the 3-3. The last 3 seasons we lost 3-1, 4-0 and 5-1 and have been out of the game barely after it started. We have a lot to improve on, and the game will be a big test for us. COYG!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Camron, #254 and m-due like this.
  2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Aevi was on a roll :eek:

Aevi and pigge like this.
  3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We'll be wearing the bruised banana so we should win this one 6-0.

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Delete. @Aevi hasn't lost yet ffs.

Final warning.

celestis, Camron and SingmeasongSong like this.
  5. razörist

That’s a rule? Woops.

6. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

We will concede so I hope we play 3 up top and tell them to hold their positions. Whoever is wide needs to stay up top when Trent and Robertson fly forward. Long balls over the top and we’re eating good.

Luiz and Xhaka will start and just spam L1 and triangle I reckon.

7. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Midfielders who are press resistant and can transition quickly from defence to attack please. The best way to hurt Liverpool is on the counter.

8. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping for a midfield of Torreira, Willock and Ceballos. Have a feeling Xhaka will start though.

9. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

This will be tough one.If we can nick draw,i would be happy.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

God Allah buddha please no another lose by 4 goals margin.

Leno
    Niles Sokratis Luiz Monreal
    Torreira
    Willock Ceballos
    Pepe Laca Auba

Both Pepe and Torreira have to start here Torreira to add more protection to our defense and pepe to make Liverpool worry if they lose the ball and we counter them

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Xhaka is important player to our midfield but Liverpool will get past him with ease we have to try something else

12. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Yeah,no need for him to start this kind of games.Too slow on the ball.We need more mobility in midfield.

13. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

Let's hope Arshavin passes the late fitness test, so tired of bendtner on the wings. Diaby needed

14. razörist

Özil’s picture pinned to the top of the forum, man’s making moves. :drool:

15. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Mane vs AMN and Salah vs Monreal is obvious weak points. I don't know how we can stop them.

Maybe compact 4-4-2 with Pepe/Laca and Auba on top, try to caught them on the break.

16. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

Hoping for a great game. If we do lose then lose graciously. If we win I'll be over the moon.

shedward92 and asukru like this.
  17. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

African Flair likes this.
  18. Aevi

Aevi Hands down best mod -Trilly (probably) Moderator

I think we've got a chance at a result here. Liverpool haven't started off all that impressively in defense thus far and if there's one thing I've got to give Emery, it's that we've generally been quite good in big games with him in charge.

19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

A draw would be an absolutely superb result. Not even thinking about a win, it's just impossible tbh. Not at Anfield, not against THIS Liverpool side. Even a narrow loss wouldn't be the end of the world. As long as it's not a thrashing like our last 2 visits to Anfield.

20. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

Their cb's can be gotten at, and the the fbs could be punished defensively i guess. Remember TAA shuddering every time iwobi ran at him.

And pepe with amn overlapping has to pin back robertson a bit, but i suspect he's decent defensively, especially with vvd and wijnaldum covering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.