• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
"pErSpEcTiVe.."

giphy.webp

Ashybashy86

We could have been up by two if Auba and Peps score good chances. They score two silly goals from our point of view and the game is done. At 3-0, we could have subsided. We didn't and showed character which shows this team has personality. We need our full backs back and Holding back will help too. If you can't sit tight and see we're heading the right way, you should **** off now, tbh.
I’ve witnessed some real drubbings (8-2, 6-0 etc. and I’m still here. I’ll not be f****** off anywhere, thanks.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That’s not how football works though? A gameplan doesn’t become wrong just because you don’t get the result you wanted.
It's funny how people bring up Wenger, when he was a victim of the same criticism. His game plan at the Nou Camp in 2011 was perfect and the team was going through until RVP's red card. Yet afterwards people mocked the team for not having any shots on target. (And no, I'm not comparing this Liverpool team to that Barca team before anyone tries it.)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We tried to defend and we lost.

....so the loss would've been easier to handle had we tried to attack?

Liverpool needed a set piece to break us down as they couldn't produce anything from open play.

But yeah, why not attack them at Anfield and play into their hands, instead of denying them their quick transition play and utilitize our quick forwards instead.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Frustrating result but easy to see coming. We need our no. 1 fullbacks. When they’re ready we’ll see how this team can really play.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a midfield 3 of Willock Torreira Ceballos next week.

Lets put this behind us. We can beat Spuds.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we ended up attacking Liverpool one bad pass and the space will be all for Liverpool to attack its bad idea all teams who go there and want result have to sit deep and counter unless you are man city

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We could have been up by two if Auba and Peps score good chances. They score two silly goals from our point of view and the game is done. At 3-0, we could have subsided. We didn't and showed character which shows this team has personality. We need our full backs back and Holding back will help too. If you can't sit tight and see we're heading the right way, you should **** off now, tbh.
Fair enough. Even nicked a goal late. But how does anyone justify the manager waiting until the 82nd minute to make an attacking substitution? Showing character doesn't just apply to those out on the pitch. We were immediately more dangerous with Lacazette out there. If he makes that sub 65 minutes in instead of 82 minutes in, maybe we have something to show for the character. All of the excuses in the world do not absolve Emery of a series of decisions ranging from questionable to poor today.

JoaoFelix

....so the loss would've been easier to handle had we tried to attack?

Liverpool needed a set piece to break us down as they couldn't produce anything from open play.

But yeah, why not attack them at Anfield and play into their hands, instead of denying them their quick transition play and utilitize our quick forwards instead.
It didn't work.
They shot 13 times in he first half and dominated us. We got punished.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When you play a narrow diamond in midfield then obviously the fullbacks matter a lot. That's where I don't readily understand the decision to go 4-4-2 instead of sticking with 4-3-3.
Going 442 was to limit salah firmino mane to play and it worked until salah brilliance. We kept mane Firmino quiet all game

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
You can't beat a side like Liverpool at Anfield at their game, that's madness.

Roll back the years and watch some games from the Invincibles and how we got beaten back then (Bolton, ManUre...). It was never at our own game.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

When you play a narrow diamond in midfield then obviously the fullbacks matter a lot. That's where I don't readily understand the decision to go 4-4-2 instead of sticking with 4-3-3.
I think he wanted an extra man in midfield and hope the fullbacks would make up the width.

say yes

forum master baiter
If we ended up attacking Liverpool one bad pass and the space will be all for Liverpool to attack its bad idea all teams who go there and want result have to sit deep and counter unless you are man city
Even Pep changed the way they played there massively last season after they conceded 4 and 3 on his previous two visits. Fullbacks didn’t push on at all and they kept numbers behind the ball in midfield. Played a very cagey game. Can’t think of any other team / stadium he’s changed his philosophy for.

But we should be holding Emery to more demanding standards apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom