• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester City v Arsenal | 5th November 2017 | 14:15 GMT | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,533
  • Views 122,023

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bonar claims his quotes were misinterpreted, and Leicester wasn't the only club fingered for PEDs to begin with (if I recall correctly, Arsenal was listed). PRP is also not illegal, and the benefits are nebulous -- really hope you're kidding, ascribing any non-negligible part of their win to the treatment.

But yeah, hugely unfair that Leicester don't get the same stick for 'buying a title.' :rolleyes:
I do recall them having a record number of penalties awarded before January. They had ten in the season. Double anybody elses figure. They also had an average of 36% possession. So that is a lot of penalties while you hardly have the ball. We had two penalties that season.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I do recall them having a record number of penalties awarded before January. They had ten in the season. Double anybody elses figure. They also had an average of 36% possession. So that is a lot of penalties while you hardly have the ball. We had two penalties that season.
? Was talking about plasma, not penalties in my post. Penalties were the one part of his post I didn’t totally disagree with.

Last edited:
Bonar claims his quotes were misinterpreted, and Leicester wasn't the only club fingered for PEDs to begin with (if I recall correctly, Arsenal was listed). PRP is also not illegal, and the benefits are nebulous -- really hope you're kidding, ascribing any non-negligible part of their win to the treatment.

But yeah, hugely unfair that Leicester don't get the same stick for 'buying a title.' :rolleyes:
Don't you think it is a strange coincidence that Leicesters new owners, when they took over, stated that they would be champions within the next few years? I mean, Leicester City Football Club, Premier League Champions? I'm just saying that Thai's are world-reknowned for corruption/bribery, Thaksin Shinawatra was of the same ilk.

Either way, I'm not bothered in the slightest by it, the more competition, the better, it was nice to see a new name on the trophy. They absolutely destroyed us at our place with a great performance, and were applauded off by many of us at the game.

Has Arsène been charged by the FA yet, for his disgraceful post-match comments?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't you think it is a strange coincidence that Leicesters new owners, when they took over, stated that they would be champions within the next few years? I mean, Leicester City Football Club, Premier League Champions? I'm just saying that Thai's are world-reknowned for corruption/bribery, Thaksin Shinawatra was of the same ilk.

Either way, I'm not bothered in the slightest by it, the more competition, the better, it was nice to see a new name on the trophy. They absolutely destroyed us at our place with a great performance, and were applauded off by many of us at the game.

Has Arséne been charged by the FA yet, for his disgraceful post-match comments?
Yes, it's really bizarre that a new (or any) ownership would want to win the league / inform their fans of the fact -- the FA should investigate post haste.

Just look at the NFL...Rex Ryan used to claim his team would win the Super Bowl every year, and now he's sitting on a pile of rings. Without a doubt, braggadocio heavily hints at bribery, and the fact that they're 'corrupt' Thais is the clincher!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not sure if the international break comes at a good time or not after all the depressing post City analysis. Anyway, the FA can conveniently forget to reprimand Wenger over the next two weeks.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I stress this all the time, and Wenger has pointed it out on numerous occasions, but going back to the blueprint he had laid out earlier in his reign is simply out of the question. Putting aside the fact that football has changed massively since that period, it's nigh on impossible to snag the sorts of players we had during that period. The likes of Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and so on were exceptional talents, and even if a player similar to them emerged the chances of them wanting to play for Arsenal, in light of the money flying about in football, is decidedly slim.

You're downplaying the exceptional job Pochettino has done. There are only 10 players remaining from the 2014-2015 Tottenham squad. He wasted no time in clearing the squad of players who he deemed to not be good enough, something which we all know is a weakness of Wenger's. In some cases, he even succeeded in augmenting the value of certain players who obviously wouldn't last the journey i.e. Mason and Chadli, before selling them off for relatively good fees.

Furthermore, Pochettino has improved the careers of a host of players who were seen to be under-performing. You could look to Danny Rose who was at one stage a proper scapegoat, who is now a strong performer at LB. One could also cite Walker, Eriksen, and Dembele as players who took their game to the next level under Pochettino.

You mention the 'luck' of stumbling upon Kane and Alli but at the end of the day it takes real bravery for a manager to play a kid who had been on numerous loan spells without ever really asserting himself, and to play, and persist, with a 18-19 year old kid who had just arrived from the 2nd division or so.
But let's look at the the three big name Sp**s players that have had such an impact in the EPL.

Erikson had already been Danish footballer of the year, Dutch football talent of the year and before Poch came was Sp**s player of the year in 2013/14 season.

Kane was also in the first team before Poch arrived and had scored 3 matches in a row before the end of the season. He was a talent ready to spring.

As for Alli, it's not everyday a cheap MK Dons player turns out to be world class.

Add to that Sp**s are only just behind us for spend, and Poch has a decent platform to launch Sp**s above us after a 20 year gap.

I agree that Poch is a good manager, but even with that squad he won't win the league. Like Wenger and Klopp, he's still handicapped compared to the big three.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Has Arséne been charged by the FA yet, for his disgraceful post-match comments?
Arsène's not going to be charged.

Every knows Sterling's a diver and the FA probably came to the conclusion that Wenger only said what everybody else was thinking.

The video actually showed he didn't dive this time and it just goes to show that people really can break the habits of a lifetime.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Blood spinning. Bit of an open secret that Leicester City were doing it.

Still a great story though, them coming from nowhere to do it, getting so many penalties on the way, not like Thai owners are averse to trying to pay their way to the top. Yes, I do know.
Oil sheikhs are pretty good at paying their way to the top too. ;)

You've probably realised by now, being on here, that most of our posters think Wenger is past it and has degenerated into a terrible coach and your being ahead of us has little to do with money.

Anyhow, even with your wealthier squad, you've only beaten us twice in the last 10 games, and last year you needed two offside goals to do it, and this year you needed a soft pen and another offside goal. If our posters are right then your recent managers must be worse than dog sh*te. Just saying.:lol:

Last edited:
Arséne's not going to be charged.

Every knows Sterling's a diver and the FA probably came to the conclusion that Wenger only said what everybody else was thinking.

The video actually showed he didn't dive this time and it just goes to show that people really can break the habits of a lifetime.:lol:
Proof of not only your stupidity, but those that also believe everything they read.

Oil sheikhs are pretty good at paying their way to the top too. ;)

You've probably realised by now, being on here, that most of our posters think Wenger is past it and has degenerated into a terrible coach and your being ahead of us has little to do with money.

Anyhow, even with your wealthier squad, you've only beaten us twice in the last 10 games, and last year you needed two offside goals to do it, and this year you needed a soft pen and another offside goal. If our posters are right then your recent managers must worse than dog sh*te. Just saying.:lol:
Congratulations on your 'unbeaten in 8 out of ten games vs City' trophy, I hope you give it a good polish occasionally.

It most certainly wasn't a soft penalty, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better ;)

Funny how the dinosaur sees things that go against Arsenal, but not the ones that go for you. Surely not another hypocrite at your club? :D

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Disgraceful decision.

His comments were outrageous.

Yes, he should have been touchline banned for 2 years.

Congratulations on your 'unbeaten in 8 out of ten games vs City' trophy, I hope you give it a good polish occasionally.

It most certainly wasn't a soft penalty, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better ;)

Funny how the dinosaur sees things that go against Arsenal, but not the ones that go for you. Surely not another hypocrite at your club? :D

Don't worry, we hate him too.

Arsenal in Aus

Can't hold back. It was a foul by Monreal and a legitimate penalty, but having said that Sterling did dive. I've just been going through the slow-mo vision on Arsenal Player (3:47 to 3:48 of the second half vid). I can't upload the still frames but it does show that Sterling had both his feet off the ground dragging behind him and both arms out to the side (classic dive position) before Monreal touched his leg. Why did he bother shaping to dive? It was a foul.

Separate to that and the offside goal, Man City dominated the game and deserved to win. Blaming a 'soft' penalty and an offside goal only distracts from the facts.

FreakySami

Can't hold back. It was a foul by Monreal and a legitimate penalty, but having said that Sterling did dive. I've just been going through the slow-mo vision on Arsenal Player (3:47 to 3:48 of the second half vid). I can't upload the still frames but it does show that Sterling had both his feet off the ground dragging behind him and both arms out to the side (classic dive position) before Monreal touched his leg. Why did he bother shaping to dive? It was a foul.

Separate to that and the offside goal, Man City dominated the game and deserved to win. Blaming a 'soft' penalty and an offside goal only distracts from the facts.

Actually I compare this game a lot to the one against Barcelona where we won 2-1. We soaked a lot of pressure then when they tired we went at them. The second half before they scored their third goal, they didn't do anything special. We outplayed them.

Please don't be so naive ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom