• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | Cancelled Due To COVID-19

Result?

• City Win

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Corona Virus Win

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can assure you that ignorance is not limited to this forum. There is a significant number of people who still insist its no worse than the flu.
Correct. Not excluding the experts advocating use of anti-bacterial gels which have no effect on viruses. Let alone the shadowy hordes of internet experts who always emerge when there's a crisis.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
There is no evidence Italy under-reacted other than in the wishful thinking of those hoping they did so it won't affect their country the same way.
I'm not saying that Italy under reacted, just that failure to learn from what's happened there would be a mistake:

And it's anecdotal but I've seen a few Italians on social media saying they didn't take it seriously enough at the start.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'm not saying that Italy under reacted, just that failure to learn from what's happened there would be a mistake:

And it's anecdotal but I've seen a few Italians on social media saying they didn't take it seriously enough at the start.
It's anecdotal. People look at the figures and assume something must have been done wrong but it may simply be that the virus works in stages and that some other countries haven't got there yet.

Despite all this so-called learning from the Italian failure, other major countries are now going the sane way having taken supposedly tougher measures.

And no, this is not 1918/19 and the Spanish flu. Whoever compares the two is innumerate. We have simply become less used to the idea of scores of people dying of an epidemic.

Manberg

Predator
Well, if we were in a world where no countermeasures were being taken, people were congregating and not washing hands, and no vaccine or treatment is in production then I think the numbers would be as high or even higher than Spanish flu, due to globalisation. We can count ourselves lucky but it should still be taken very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom