• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The last time that I had been confident that we'd turn over a rival team was against Liverpool over Christmas. We all knew how that turned out.

If disciplined, we can cause city problems with Auba and Laca.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Would love to see what he can give us in a tough away game even if his adaption isn't quite complete yet. Emery certainly hasn't ruled it out.

NZgunner

I absolutely want City to win this. Anyone but Liverpool.

If we had nothing to play for I'd agree (although would still rather Liverpool won than Sp**s of course), but with Chelsea really teetering we suddenly look like we might still be in with a shot at top 4.

Unfortunately though, through a combination of long term injuries to defenders, Wenger's contract legacy (ie Özil and Ramsey), and an indecisive transfer window (although that's related to Ramsey/Özil, and Emery still working out what he wants long term) we will probably finish 5th behind Utd.

If we are to get anything out of this game,
  1. we can't start Lichtsteiner at right back
  2. Koscielny needs to play
  3. I don't think we can start with both Aubameyang and Lacazette - need to play another midfielder
  4. Torreira needs to play a lot better than he has in the last few games
I'm pessimistic though.

I can see Xhaka flopping over in the 16th minute looking for a free-kick that isn't awarded, Mustafi committing himself too early in an attempt to cover, creating a City 2 on 1 that they covert for 1-0. For the next five minutes our defense panics, Leno fails to effectively deal with a low, hard cross into the area, parrying it into the path of a City player popping up at the far post who slots it in for 2-0. From there it's a toss up as to whether City put the foot down and we go home having conceded 4 or 5, or whether they are happy enough to just play out for 2-0.

I really hope I'm wrong.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Win draw or lose this game, I'm confident we can get top 4. We've had our blip in Jan and won our last 2 PL games. Kos & Mavro should be ready, Sokratis will be back this month, and we've just signed Suarez. Add that to Chelsea stuttering means we have to be confident. I even think Spuds are catchable.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

5c54c095836f5.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
if Pep classes Auba, Laca and Özil as young guys, then how old does an old guy have to be?
They shortened the quote to fit the character limit. He said they have interesting players in midfield like Xhaka, Torreira and "the young guy".

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got a gut feeling we will kill these feckers. Head say we can't be losing the ball in midfield and missing 5 yard passes like we have been doing .

I’d genuinely like to know when we last won away at a top 6 team, let alone by more than a single goal.

Manberg

Predator
I'm split on which is the lesser of two evils between Lichsteiner and AMN. AMN was dreadful against Utd and Lichsteiner hasn't had a good game all season.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm split on which is the lesser of two evils between Lichsteiner and AMN. AMN was dreadful against Utd and Lichsteiner hasn't had a good game all season.
This might be an unpopular opinion but I think we should give Jenko a shot at RB. Lich and AMN have simply been poor there for their own reasons. Jenko can defend and actually has legs unlike Lichsteiner.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think we have to play a high press diamond. It worked so well vs Chelsea, and then we went back to more of a 4231/433 vs United we were poor. We need a compact formation vs top sides.

I want to see:

----------------Leno---------------
-Jenko/Amn--Kos--Musti--Kola--
-----------------Xhaka-----------------
----Torreira--------Guendouzi-------
----------------Ramsey----------------
--------Laca-----------Auba-----------

Suarez not ready probably, Özil will be out of his depth in a game like this. We need to be set up to deal with their possession and take the game to them in a direct fashion. Kolasinac has been a bit dodgy defensively but the diamond could help with that and let him attack, against the out of form Walker or the sub par Danilo.

Everything has to go our way and we need to perform well if we want any points out of this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom