• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watching the control that the City players had with the ball you realise how far behind our squad is. You can keep Laca, Guendouzi, PEA, Leno, Bellerin, Torreira, Özil, Sokratis, Kos, Monreal.
The blueprint is out there, it’s Liverpool. About a decade ago they were going nowhere under Hicks and Gillette with real financial problems.

Stuck around 8th in the table with Hodgson and Dalglish as managers it looked bleak. They’ve turned it around by being self sufficient and we can do the same.

We’ve got to be smarter sorting out contracts and transfers but we can do it.
Agreed. That’s down Venkatesham, he’s the chief executive and runs the club. Unai can only do so much with the squad he has. It would help if we didn’t have so many injuries though.

Mohamed7

C'mon COLE??? That's like 17 years ago? A selling club like the Arsenal needs to bring at least a very minimum one new young player into the team every season.

A selling club?

That was only through the Stadium building phase and the few years that followed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sane - Aguero - Sterling
D Silva - De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Mendy - Laporte - Stones - Walker
Ederson

Foden - Jesus - Mahrez
B Silva - Gundogan
Delph
Zinchenko - Kompany - Otamendi - Danilo
Muric
Honestly a shambles from Pep if he fails to win the league with that sort of depth.

I mean he had Sane, Mahrez and Stones on the bench yesterday, if those guys are on the bench ffs then yeah, you should probs be winning 3-1. Fair result.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The blueprint is out there, it’s Liverpool. About a decade ago they were going nowhere under Hicks and Gillette with real financial problems.

Stuck around 8th in the table with Hodgson and Dalglish as managers it looked bleak. They’ve turned it around by being self sufficient and we can do the same.

Caveat is that Liverpool have actually had owner investment, just over 200m I think, but it isn't the same scale as City's or Chelsea's so it doesn't get highlighted as much. In that sense they're not actually self-sufficient, even Sp*rs technically aren't. We're the only PL club, along with Boro, to have had no owner investment whatsoever. But yeah, your point remains.

The problem is that only the fans know that "this is Arsenal". Who at the club is pointing this out when it's needed? Culture's been rotting away for a decade.
I really hope given time, Emery can improve that aspect of our play otherwise it's probably gonna get ugly in the future!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching the control that the City players had with the ball you realise how far behind our squad is. You can keep Laca, Guendouzi, PEA, Leno, Bellerin, Torreira, Özil, Sokratis, Kos, Monreal.

Agreed. That’s down Venkatesham, he’s the chief executive and runs the club. Unai can only do so much with the squad he has. It would help if we didn’t have so many injuries though.

You know you have a problem when fans watch a game and can clearly see which players are not good enough. I would add Iwobi to the list simply as a squad player irrespective of how badly he played.

Guendouzi was easily our best player and it is so clear what this club needs to do. Torreira should be the base of a midfield 3 and we need to buy a midfielder who can provide some serious legs in midfield. we need some devasting dribblers on either wing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
City may have been the better team but gifting them that 3rd goal completely killed the game. We had a slim chance until that decision. I reckon we'd have gone on to score and they'd still have beaten us 3-2 but I feel robbed in a way.
Happens every weekend in the league. This sport is a massive con job right now.

Preacher

Always Crying
sEgXsEI.png

mJLtKQw.png

Emery was very brave, when he chose 442 formation. I don't think, that it worked as he expected it to work. Guardiola's plan was to make the pitch as wide as possible and drag our defenders out of the position. He had attacking line of 5 players. So Iwobi or Torreira and Kolasinac or Guendouzi had to help and to reduce the gap between our fullbacks and CB's. We're easily pin down. Our two strikers were taken out of the game, because there wasn't any link between them and the rest of the team, especially in the second half.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Caveat is that Liverpool have actually had owner investment, just over 200m I think, but it isn't the same scale as City's or Chelsea's so it doesn't get highlighted as much. In that sense they're not actually self-sufficient, even Sp*rs technically aren't. We're the only PL club, along with Boro, to have had no owner investment whatsoever. But yeah, your point remains.

True but their net spend overall since 2013 is ridiculously low for a title challenging side.

They’ve just been excellent at selling players on which has freed up funds for big players. It’s an achievable model for us imo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

People wont like it but selling one of the strikers & strengthening the squad probably best option. Liverpool were never scared to cash in even if first time round they ****ed up.

Brett

In all this crap.... Leno has been flying under the radar..... He is the german flappy...
I am waiting till his error costs us points for people to see it. I think we should still look for a keeper in the summer.

TorontoGooner76

In all this crap.... Leno has been flying under the radar..... He is the german flappy...
I am waiting till his error costs us points for people to see it. I think we should still look for a keeper in the summer.
What did he do wrong yesterday? Had little chance on all 3 goals and saved a few more possible one's. And with our budget, who would you get that would be an obvious improvement? More pressing needs I think...

Brett

I agree we have more pressing needs but we need to sign a goalkeeper this summer given ospina and cech are off. I would like us to go and buy someone better than Leno rather than look for a no 2.
In my opinion we should try and sort the defense this summer and take it from there. We need 2 fullbacks a goalkeeper and a cover for lucas torreira. In my opinion winger/s can wait.

Preacher

Always Crying
I agree we have more pressing needs but we need to sign a goalkeeper this summer given ospina and cech are off. I would like us to go and buy someone better than Leno rather than look for a no 2.
In my opinion we should try and sort the defense this summer and take it from there. We need 2 fullbacks a goalkeeper and a cover for lucas torreira. In my opinion winger/s can wait.
Martinez:
"Now Cech is retiring I was told when I came to Reading that next year they want me to be the backup. But I’m not thinking about next season yet."

New GK signing is very doubtful.

Leeroy1979

We are Arsenal but whilst Arsenal is owned by Kronke we will not challenge for major honours.

That by the way is the definition of a selling club, a club which is "bullied and forced into selling".
I wouldn't agree. By that definition Liverpool are a selling club because Barca bullied them into selling Suarez and coutinho and Man City forced them to sell sterling?

I would define a selling club as one that buys players with a view to sell them on for a profit as its main criteria. I do not think we are at that stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom