• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

How many ****, half-arsed performances do we have to see from Özil before our fans realise he not this saviour and the answer to all our prayers?

He's been phoning it in ever since he signed that contract. The fact he's not fussed about not being involved in the first team speaks volumes about where his head is at - in semi-retirement.

This may be true but as we're stuck with him for the time being we may as well use him? We're paying him enough, at least make him earn his living. As much as Özil may have declined or whatever, I don't think the likes of Iwobi, Kolasinac or Suarez are better attacking options at this stage. At least not today.

It's not about here. it's about the real world. We protect these youngsters so much that eventually they stop being young and are shipped off on loan to Barnsley before disappearing into the old Vauxhall Conference.

They are either good enough to merit a punt or they are not. Playing first-teamers who aren't up to it is certainly not the answer. We know what they are capable of and the answer is "not enough".
I sort of agree with this. Surely our youth right back wouldn't have played as worse as Lich did and even if they had, I would probably forgive them as they are youths. How the hell was he even at Juve!

Manberg

Predator
I sort of agree with this. Surely our youth right back wouldn't have played as worse as Lich did and even if they had, I would probably forgive them as they are youths. How the hell was he even at Juve!

He was really good at Juve, that's how. Typically, he sees us as his retirement club and he's past his best before date.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also when Sokratis get fit again put him and and Mavro as our starting CB for the rest of the season. Only Rob mavro Sokratis should stay Mustafi Kosh Monreal will need to get sold Kola too but he is useful player

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Expected more from us to be honest but I don't have words right now. I believe Emery can lead us forward but as said before he needs time, it doesn't just happen right away. I am trying my best to stay optimistic and I think we can still manage top 4 looking at the fixture list. Let's say our prayers, keep our fingers crossed and hope we either win EL and/or finish top 4. Let's move on and look to the next game, stop dwelling on this one.

Jae

He was decent against United when he came on but that game was gone when we lost our two CBs.

He was okay, didn't do much wrong, just encouraged us to play tippy tappy passes at the edge of the opposition box which is easy to defend against. Don't see why we would bother bringing him on when we're 3-1 chasing the game with 20 minutes left. He isn't a game changer, not that we have any of them from the bench anyway.

Gooner_girl14

He was okay, didn't do much wrong, just encouraged us to play tippy tappy passes at the edge of the opposition box which is easy to defend against. Don't see why we would bother bringing him on when we're 3-1 chasing the game with 20 minutes left. He isn't a game changer, not that we have any of them from the bench anyway.

I'd bring him on if only to make him earn his ridiculous wages, and as he seems finished here, he would be somewhat motivated to impress a new employer (and we might get a decent fee for him). But the situation ATM where he's earning a living for free, and we're not really better off without him, is frankly disastrous. I hope Suarez can hit the ground running.

You just can't read into a game like this. Sokratis, Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka out. Away against last year's champions. We've generally been good in big games so I had some hope but the odds were stacked against us and the outcome was predictable. We just need to look on to the games we should be winning now and get it done.
It's not about the predictability of the game. I haven't seen the pre-game poll but am sure a majority of the votes went towards a City win. It's just how we lost the much while putting zero effort! It's about City running us ragged in the final third! It's about how we lacked discipline to even track their runners! The whole performance was just so ****, you would cry! Even the manager wasn't his usual self looked like he had given up hope and couldn't motivate his players in the second half! Our subs couldn't even impact the game!
It's about how we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again by giving up really silly goals!
We really need to introspect and never again respect another team the way we just did! We are ****ing Arsenal! We've played a whole season without loosing! Scratch that, we've gone almost a season and a half! Where the **** is our pride! Where the **** is our grit!
It's about time we play with our hearts. If we must lose, then let's give our all! Our youth team would surely show more cojones !

Leeroy1979

I agree with giving younger players a chance but it has to be managed, not just throwing them to the wolves which could ruin them Still remember when's chambers was our next bright young thing and looking promising, we played him at rb at Swansea and Jefferson montero tore him a new one. Don't think he was ever the same after that

Gooner_girl14

It's not about the predictability of the game. I haven't seen the pre-game poll but am sure a majority of the votes went towards a City win. It's just how we lost the much while putting zero effort! It's about City running us ragged in the final third! It's about how we lacked discipline to even track their runners! The whole performance was just so ****, you would cry! Even the manager wasn't his usual self looked like he had given up hope and couldn't motivate his players in the second half! Our subs couldn't even impact the game!
It's about how we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again by giving up really silly goals!
We really need to introspect and never again respect another team the way we just did! We are ****ing Arsenal! We've played a whole season without loosing! Scratch that, we've gone almost a season and a half! Where the **** is our pride! Where the **** is our grit!
It's about time we play with our hearts. If we must lose, then let's give our all! Our youth team would surely show more cojones !

My thoughts exactly. We were in with a shot, even after going behind just before the break. But we looked like we'd given up and the 2nd half was embarrassing.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The problem is that only the fans know that "this is Arsenal". Who at the club is pointing this out when it's needed? Culture's been rotting away for a decade.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That is such a harsh post. WTF is a random corner bro. The team work on these all the time.

Aren’t you constantly criticising Emery for picking Guendouzi. Well he bossed that midfield today. Give Emery some credit, he sees the guy training every day.

Might be a bit harsh, yes, but Arsenal are surely not a team known for their danger or solidity during standards.

There's teams that are actually so dangerous or solid you just know you won't get much from standards against them but they are very likely to create good chances from most of their standards. Arsenal - among a host of other teams of course - is not one of them. Standards are always good opportunities to create chances, but as long as a team is not super dominant re standards I always feel it's a bit random to score/concede from one.

Regarding Guendouzi: Can't comment on that, I changed channels after 25 minutes to watch Stuttgart so I haven't seen the game - I'll also refrain from commenting on the game and using it to criticize Emery with. I just haven't seen it and don't know anything but the first 25' and the result.

My thoughts exactly. We were in with a shot, even after going behind just before the break. But we looked like we'd given up and the 2nd half was embarrassing.
What's worse is you could feel they doubted themselves as the first half wore on and we gained momentum, probably because of their loss against Newcastle. At that point we really ought to have gone for their throats.

Leeroy1979

I think the team was just knackered and ran out of legs 2nd half. At no point did I think guendouzi and Torreira had given up though. I thought they put in an excellent shift today

Leeroy1979

What's worse is you could feel they doubted themselves as the first half wore on and we gained momentum, probably because of their loss against Newcastle. At that point we really ought to have gone for their throats.
I would have loved to see that, but think the team were too scared of city unleashing their pace on the counter and getting at our decidedly dodgy back 4

Gooner_girl14

I think the team was just knackered and ran out of legs 2nd half. At no point did I think guendouzi and Torreira had given up though. I thought they put in an excellent shift today
Tbh I think Emery had given up lol. He took too long to make the subs and kept a poor Iwobi on for far too long, when we had good attacking options on the bench. Torreira and Guen were good, but were expectedly overrun by City's midfield in the end.

Leeroy1979

If I had to make a choice between
Tbh I think Emery had given up lol. He took too long to make the subs and kept a poor Iwobi on for far too long, when we had good attacking options on the bench. Torreira and Guen were good, but were expectedly overrun by City's midfield in the end.
If I was faced with making the choice between lichtsteiner or Jenkinson to start against city I might give up as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom