• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t get me wrong, we were always losing that game, City are as clear of us now as we were to them before their oil money.

The only realisation I had last night was that our reputation around the world must have plummeted to new lows. The only way we get back to the top is if we stumble upon our very own Messi or if we get those Saudi owners.

Neither will happen so we have to accept being a mid table team or worse for probably the next decade.

moloso

Don’t get me wrong, we were always losing that game, City are as clear of us now as we were to them before their oil money.

The only realisation I had last night was that our reputation around the world must have plummeted to new lows. The only way we get back to the top is if we stumble upon our very own Messi or if we get those Saudi owners.

Neither will happen so we have to accept being a mid table team or worse for probably the next decade.

We've been battered about 10-0 by Bayern on aggregate, bear 8-2 by Man U, 6-1 by Chelsea - don't think last night will have too much effect mate.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The long break has obviously had its effects, but this was one of the most dispirited performances you can remember. Nothing positive to take from it.

It is also worrying that it seems our fitness levels have dropped like a rock. City didn't even go into second gear. KDB was dancing between our lines with little resistance.
Lack of fitness was very evident when Walker went surging forward in our box while Mari in attempts to block his cross "burned" his hamstring.

Top Quality

Of course it was a terrible performance overall, but I'm hoping it's easy enough for the team to move on from. First 20 or so were as good as we could reasonably hope for away to City at the moment, looked like we could be threatening on the break.

Most likely we would have lost the game anyway, but the two injuries and Luiz brainfarts made it impossible. I think the Xhaka substitute was a big deal for us. I know he's not always popular with fans, but I think he's by far the most reliable midfielder we have. And midfield turned out to be the most problematic area, we had no control at any point in the game.

Well, most problematic area apart from Luiz. Who came on for Mari. I mean, that was a peak 2010s Arsenal performance. Good to have Arsenal back.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just feel numb. I used to get angry at team when we lost. Yesterday I felt no emotion whatsoever.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Or maybe just start be more smart with who you buy and look for players that's improve team its more important than getting wealthy owners

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I laughed when Luiz made his mistakes, it’s kinda funny watching how the next player will **** us over :lol:

As a great coach once said, that sums up current Arsenal perfectly... “it’s like watching a bunch of...” meh, you guys probably know the rest...

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I laughed when Luiz made his mistakes, it’s kinda funny watching how the next player will **** us over :lol:

As a great coach once said, that sums up current Arsenal perfectly... “it’s like watching a bunch of...” meh, you guys probably know the rest...
Only positive here was Tierney getting 90 minutes of football

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was struggling to watch then at 2-0 I stopped watching. I don't know if it was the enforced break from football, the empty stands, the poor performance or all 3. I was always for restarting this season rather than cancelling but I don't think I'll be watching much of it!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I was struggling to watch then at 2-0 I stopped watching. I don't know if it was the enforced break from football, the empty stands, the poor performance or all 3. I was always for restarting this season rather than cancelling but I don't think I'll be watching much of it!
I didn't see the third goal. I stopped watching after the 2nd goal too.

Disgraceful performance. I don't think city have had an easier team than us all season. They didn't even leave first gear ffs

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I didn't see the third goal. I stopped watching after the 2nd goal too.

Disgraceful performance. I don't think city have had an easier team than us all season. They didn't even leave first gear ffs

We seem to make so many errors and we still struggle to get the ball out. I know a long ball upfield is often a wasted ball but sometimes its the safe option. At one point Guendouzi lost the ball trying fancy stuff just outside our box, somehow the City play lost it as well. These are pointless unnecessary risks that Arteta has to iron out.

mpower2540

The long break has obviously had its effects, but this was one of the most dispirited performances you can remember. Nothing positive to take from it.

It is also worrying that it seems our fitness levels have dropped like a rock. City didn't even go into second gear. KDB was dancing between our lines with little resistance.
Lack of fitness was very evident when Walker went surging forward in our box while Mari in attempts to block his cross "burned" his hamstring.
Mari looked like he’d signed up to be a fireman and was facing his first real fire. Also I’m not sure how much of it is fitness levels or just the sheer limits we have with most of our players, they just can’t do what they’re physically incapable of.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Those two situations annoyed me so much.. Basic pass to make too, horrendous decision making.
Man, both situations annoyed the hell out of me. It was clear what our gameplan was and I actually thought we executed it quite well for the first 25 minutes. Auba's frustration on the Tierney pass is highly understandable, that's why he's there, need to try and find him any breakout you get.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One hilarious moment was when both teams were down to 10 men, the commentator said "Arsenal sense the chance to get back in this game now".

We immediately conceded the third goal after that, amazing club :rofl:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I realised this a while ago. I don’t have any hope for this club barring a miracle.
Right now every game I have to endure is just one game closer to when we’re eventually good again. Whether or not that’s in my lifetime is another question

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I only watched the first half intensely, then Luiz happened and I got discouraged.

What I noticed:
- Willock and Nketiah were pressing quite well, keeping City out of their rhythm. At the same time, Willock was too far forward to play to his strengths, but I see what Arteta was trying there.
- Ceballos was actually available to receive the ball quite often and was a good outlet under pressure, should've tried to launch Auba on one occassion.
- Tierney is fit and fast. Good to have him back.
- Bellerin still not that quick and quite invisible in possession. Had a hard time against his opponent.
- Leno with massive saves.
- Mari seemed to slow to cope with the pace of the game.
- However, when Luiz came on you immediately could see that City attackers got more space. My main gripe with him is that he's never tight on an attacker but gives them acres of space to turn and find a pass/shot. Right before his brainfart he also let Sterling go, waving to others while it was his responsibility.
- Guendouzi remains a positional mess and had to resort to getting fouled a few times to get out of a messy situation. Had a few decent moments moving the ball under pressure, but less convinced by him by the day.
- Saka is less effective on the right, had one nice combination with Willock and Nketiah playing out from under pressure.
- Auba didn't really look like he cared, but should've been sent away a few times. Wasn't used to his strengths, poor execution of tactics basically.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I realised this a while ago. I don’t have any hope for this club barring a miracle.
Right now every game I have to endure is just one game closer to when we’re eventually good again. Whether or not that’s in my lifetime is another question
I thought we could go the youth route and build back up but the more I see it seems impossible. Teams at the top now have 20 top players, we just can’t compete with them unless we spend big, and under this regime our idea of spending big is buying one expensive player a window, which might be fine for other clubs but not when you need a load of them and your clubs recruitment is as bad as ours.

GunnerShy

I thought we could go the youth route and build back up but the more I see it seems impossible. Teams at the top now have 20 top players, we just can’t compete with them unless we spend big, and under this regime our idea of spending big is buying one expensive player a window, which might be fine for other clubs but not when you need a load of them and your clubs recruitment is as bad as ours.

Yes, but let's just keep it in context. This is a team that has been the best team in the PL over the last 5 years. 98 points last season, 100 points before that. What's Arsenal's record?

Before the Pandemic they went to the Bernabeu and knocked off Real Madrid.

Coached by one of the most successful coaches of all time, cheating the FFP model.

Our climb back up the table doesn't begin with away wins at Man City.

We drew and beat Man Utd. But for an uncharacteristic mistake by Leno we'd have the same record against Chelsea (and the race for 4th would be wide open).

Yes we need to spend on good players. Yes we need to sort out contracts. (What the fck has Huss Fahmy done since he joined??)

But if the improvement you're looking for is beating City's best ever team away you'll miss what the signs of real progress will be. And that will come from beating the likes of Chelsea, Spuds and the mid range clubs that take so many points from us and the other Big 6 clubs (sans City & Liverpool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom