• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Midfield probably a bit too open but guess that will be the case no matter what we do.

Key will be to find an efficient way to counter-attack consistently.

I liked what Emery did with Auba and Pepe against Liverpool, so would try to replicate that and go with 3 at the back, something like this:

Leno
Sokratis Luiz Mari
Bellerin Xhaka Ceballos Saka
Özil
Pepe Auba
Willock is a good ball-carrier so he could be a good option instead of Özil in this case.

Yes, let's play a formation Arteta has never used!! Good thinking!!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would love to see Niles in midfield for this, just for something different, give us some energy in there.

Expecting Xhaka and Ceballos though and a heavy loss really, wish we didn't have to play this game.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The players are all familar with the formation you numpty. Besides the way we attack with Xhaka building from the left is similar anyway.

I'm sure it's probably a good idea, but I just can't imagine it would happen.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would love to see Niles in midfield for this, just for something different, give us some energy in there.

Expecting Xhaka and Ceballos though and a heavy loss really, wish we didn't have to play this game.
I'm very content with having this game at this time. Lots of benefits to it in my opinion.

Firstly, it gives us a small shot of winning against them due to the scenario it will be played in.

Secondly, even if we lose, its a good game to have had as our first game back as a) we would have lost anyway so its a free spin and b) they are an extremely competitive side to practice against.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Midfield probably a bit too open but guess that will be the case no matter what we do.

Key will be to find an efficient way to counter-attack consistently.

I liked what Emery did with Auba and Pepe against Liverpool, so would try to replicate that and go with 3 at the back, something like this:

Leno
Sokratis Luiz Mari
Bellerin Ceballos Xhaka Saka
Özil
Pepe Auba
Willock is a good ball-carrier so he could be a good option instead of Özil in this case.
Wolves did the double over them with 3 atb and pace on the wings and iirc they struggled against Sheffield utd as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Arteta tried something similar.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Wolves did the double over them with 3 atb and pace on the wings and iirc they struggled against Sheffield utd as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Arteta tried something similar.

True. Was just looking at games they've lost points in. United beat them with 3 at the back too.

Yeah Arteta knows them better than anybody. Will be interesting to see how he aproaches it actually.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Why do you think we are getting thrashed? Nobody knows how both teams are gonna performs after 3 months.

Need I remind you all the times Arsenal fans have shown a touch of optimism and got battered?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Normally I don't like posting defeats, but just found this one...

...thought a 6-3 was harsh on us here, but some of Giroud's misses in that second half ffs :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is this a matchday thread? Do my eyes deceive me?

Not expecting a result here. But let me tell you, an away win vs City makes lockdown worth it.

Gabi. Bukayo. Guen..

LET’S GO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom